We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Please help me! how to deactivate bnk filesize limit?

MaxCR7

Hey guys I'm new here and I'm despaired! I want the LaFerrari mod in my game but it don't work! The Enzo is unvisible/crashes when I selected it in my Garage.

I read every thread in the Laferrari Topic. I read that I need to deactivate my filesize limit and that works if I download the community patch. Well my game is now on 1.68 but the ferrari is stil linvisible .. also they said it works with the project paradise mod.. But this works completely not.. I think it's because of the d3d9.dl file. If I launch the game and this file is in my root folder the game doesn't start. Windows say that a Problem showed up. If I delete the file the game starts.. Anyone knows this problem? I have windows 8.. The last thing to increase the bnk size was to download the tdumod installer. But I didn't found there an option to deactivate filesize limit.. It would be so nice if anyone could help me!

If you'd read my complete post you would have seen that I tried that already but I can't start the game when the dll file from the mod is in my root folder! The game crashes emidiatly! When I delete the dll file out of the folder i can launch the game with the launcher but nothing changes than. No HD and no bigger bnks.

Do you use PP launcher or original? Also can try to launch as administrator

The pp launcher is preinstalled in the project paradise package. So I copy the dll file and the launcher in my root folder as explained on the read me.. And when I start than the launcher and click on launch game it doesnt start and windows shows that a problem occured..

Right, let's be clear and efficient.

Normaly when you want to mod TDU, you need to start:

Install original TDU > Install Megapack > Install Official Atari Patch 1.66A > Install Magic Map > Install Community Patch 1.68b > Install Project Paradise and all files must be in C:/Programes Files (x86)/Atari/Test Drive Unlimited > (Optional) Install Patch HD and Environnement mods like Island Paradise V0.9.5 > Install car mods.

It's the only way to install mods.

So I think you should reinstall your LaFerrari mod and try to launch the game first with Paradise_Launcher with BigBnks on and if it doesn't work, Create a shorcut of TestDriveUnlimited.exe and do add -BigBnks at the end of the Destination in Proprieties. If it doesn't work, Come back here and we will sorted your problem. Don't worry, we won't let you down ;)

Right, let's be clear and efficient.

Normaly when you want to mod TDU, you need to start:

Install original TDU > Install Megapack > Install Official Atari Patch 1.66A > Install Magic Map > Install Community Patch 1.68b > Install Project Paradise and all files must be in C:/Programes Files (x86)/Atari/Test Drive Unlimited > (Optional) Install Patch HD and Environnement mods like Island Paradise V0.9.5 > Install car mods.

It's the only way to install mods.

So I think you should reinstall your LaFerrari mod and try to launch the game first with Paradise_Launcher with BigBnks on and if it doesn't work, Create a shorcut of TestDriveUnlimited.exe and do add -BigBnks at the end of the Destination in Proprieties. If it doesn't work, Come back here and we will sorted your problem. Don't worry, we won't let you down ;)

Thats nice! Thanks! :) But I did it exactly as you've described it! :(

Project paradise are only 3 files right? The readme, dll and the launcher..

I tried the la ferrari Mod round about 10 times! First only with the comunity patch 1.68 (game starts but invisible and crashes when I select the enzo) and as mentioned with project paradise I even can't start the game when I have the dll file in my root folder even when I click on the normal TDU exe and not launching from the PPlauncher or shortcut.

And I have also made a -bigbnks at the shortcut on the desktop.. -.-

I think your Antivirus is detecting d3d9.dll as a virus. I've read something like that in Project Paradise Thread. Not sure about this because generally it works fine with any computers. I've tried with my sisters Windows 8.1 Computer and it worked very well.

Well at the moment the only best idea I've got is to completely reinstall the game. Have a Clean TDU. Follow that installation order I've mentioned up here.

A good thing to do to make sure you're not gonna have to reinstall the game again is to have a clean TDU with Megapack and Patch 1.66A Installed and make a complete backup copy of the original game and put it somewhere in "My Documents" so when you gonna have problems with the database or want an original Atari file back you can get everything back.

I know it's an annoying situation you've got but be patient ;) You'll get there. Let us inform about the situation.

:( That will be complicated.. I use my windows on a macbook pro with retina display and they have no dvd reader.

I was able to install the game with the old pc of my mother copieing all files over to a hard drive and than copy to windows and take a crack xD

But this was in holidays.. Everything what I need to reinstall it is 800km away :D But I also think that this will not work than. Because I tried that from the beginning. The Laferrari is my favorite car and I downloaded it first and from the beginning the installation failed.. :(

Yes it's useless sorry :lol: But if you want a great Hypercar with a Hybrid powertrain and don't require BigBnks, There is the Mclaren P1 and The Porsche 918 Spyder around. Unfortunatly, since Project Paradise exist, most of the latest mods requires BigBnks on. I know it's not fair for you. Sorry mate. Enjoy at least the rest of the mods at the moment and if you want more mods have a look at this thread: http://forum.turboduck.net/threads/32331-TDU-BIG-Mods-list

The cars who requires BigBnks are:

- Chevrolet Corvette C1 1953 by Miha2795

- Chevrolet Corvette C1 1957 by Miha2795

- Chevrolet Corvette C1 1960 by Miha2795

- Chevrolet Corvette C2 Stingray 427 1967 by Miha2795

- Chevrolet Corvette C3 1970 by Miha2795

- Chevrolet Corvette C4 Grand Sport by Miha2795

- Chevrolet Corvette C5 ZO6 by Miha2795

- Chevrolet Corvette C6 Grand Sport by Miha2795

- Chevrolet Corvette C6 Grand Sport Convertibe by Miha2795

- Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZO6 by Miha2795

- Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 by Miha2795

- Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray pack by PhatPunk (Hennessey, Convertible...)

- Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray (Miha2795) (Also the Hennessey)

- Ferrari LaFerrari by Reventon09

- Fiat 2.0 Coupe 24v by Miha2795

- Ford F150 Raptor by Miha2795 (Latest 2015 cars)

- Ford Capri RS3100 MkI byMiha2795

- Ford Capri 3000GLX & V8 by Miha2795

- Lamborghini Huracan (both Miha2795 and StarGT)

- Lamborghini Veneno LP750-4 by Miha2795

- Mazda RX7 by Reventon09

Most of these cars are made since Project Paradise exist (November 2014). But before no problem ;)

Hi! I hoped that Project Paradise mods didn't was a big problem for people :( But as modder i can say that this mod made modding simple and now no need to worry about file size. Thats why modders now dont make mods that can be used without project.

And some info about Ferrari. Now Miha works on LaFerrari too but it need a bigbnk. Here you can find F12:

Ferrari F12

Also now i worked on F12 so when you have a working PP you can try it too ;)