We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The School of Modding

Tob-Racer

Thanks Djey ! :)

I'm sure there is a lot more we've got to learn. We are young padawan :D (Well I at the moment)

For people who's reading. Of course it's an incomplete thread. I'm not a modder but I want to become one. And as I said, this thread is for learning all together. Share our knowledge ;)

I think i know what is it :) I think its good idea about Modding School because more modders = more interesting mods. I thinking about it and decide that i can record a full tutorial about creating car mod for tdu (from model and textures to sounds). Yes my english is not perfect but im really interested to see more tdu modders. What you think about it?

At the moment I'm learning by my self with the help of videos made by Zoqqer but I would love a tutorial please ! We need more modders and that's definitely the point of that thread. Learning all together. Thanks for the support ;) Yeah I fault of BigBnks, not a problem anymore to respect a file size limit :D Thanks a lot to Speeder and Djey

EDIT: Guess the car c'mon :cool:

Too Easy :D If I manage to release My Jag one day, I'll promise another car and the preview is gonna be harder :cheeky:

Why I choose the Jag ? Because it's the most beautiful car in the world and the model in TDU is so old... So a new HQ Jag is welcome. I love this car in every aspects. It's a fantastic cruiser too.

Oh and and good bonus. The Model is RHD ;) Proper British car :cool:

I like the Disco Volante a lot. Generally my taste are beautiful cars with a strong soul. Aston Martin's most of. Not sure if The Disco Volante have a model in Forza but if a model exist could be one of my future project. But Anyway, I'm not here yet. I've got to learn :D

EDIT: Doing some progress but still a long way to go. I've got a question now. Just first look Zoqqer's video tutorial @ 4.45:

In ZModeler, With the new BigBnks system, do I need to delete the verticles or is it really necessary to keep it for the next parts of the import process ?

Thanks guys :) Gonna work on the thread now.

EDIT 1: About the Jag, I've got to set the materials to the car. From Zoqqer's video, it's not very easy to understand because he speed it up and it's hard to keep up. Anyway, what I've learn so far:

Select a 3D Model form Forza> Import it to Forza Studio> Extract Exterior, Interior, brakes and low-poly shadow model and be careful to untick to race parts from forza (Spoiler, Spliter, rollcage...) > Get to ZModeler, set paths for new files > Import an original TDU Model to ZModeler (In my side it's the original Jag E-Tye Atari Model), and delete almost everything but we must keep the main materials for our Forza Model > Import our Forza Model and set every parts a definite material (Windscreen as Glass, Front Bumper as Aluminium or Carbon Fiber...).

That's what I know at the moment :)

EDIT 2: I'm wondering one thing about sound mods. Noob question but could be a good one :D How from an engine who's reving up we can create stable sample who stays at the same RPM ? I mean, when you get sample from youtube, you can't get 3 sec of the car accelerating and put it in the game just like that, it's gonna be a weird repetitive loop. How can we transform a rev up sample to a "flat" sample ? I'm saying that about what I've read in the great document by Djey and 2CVSUPERGT (Yes I'm French :cheeky:)

EDIT 2: I'm wondering one thing about sound mods. Noob question but could be a good one :D How from an engine who's reving up we can create stable sample who stays at the same RPM ? I mean, when you get sample from youtube, you can't get 3 sec of the car accelerating and put it in the game just like that, it's gonna be a weird repetitive loop. How can we transform a rev up sample to a "flat" sample ? I'm saying that about what I've read in the great document by Djey and 2CVSUPERGT (Yes I'm French :cheeky:)
That's why best sound mods are so rare and hard to achieve. The best results will be observed with recordings in mostly 'studio' environments :)