We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The School of Modding

Tob-Racer

• 4 years later...

Hey all 🙂

I know a wiki got opened recently but I'm bringing this thread back

And because the wiki is such a great thing, I'm gonna use most of the first post to feed the wiki. I've already wrote a guide for TDU UT.

But I would like just to get back to the original point of this thread: sharing our knowledge and hopefully use it to produce new mods. Car modders are gone from here but maybe with this thread we could see new people ? 

Some threads are unaccessible unfortunately like the gauges. Is it possible to fix the pages please ? @Admin

Toby

8 hours ago, Tob-Racer said:

And hi @Djey ! One of your modding guide is down as well. Could you reupload it please ?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/182347/DL/TDU Modding capitalization.pdf

Hi @Tob-Racer, welcome back!

I've pulled down old capit PDF as it was mainly obsolete information.

Latest documentation for my part is available right here: https://github.com/djey47/tdu-cp/wiki

e.g https://github.com/djey47/tdu-cp/wiki/Modding-FAQ

Hopefully PLATINUM will drag new talented modders (and reverse engineers) to the platform 😉

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Djey ! 🙂 Added your link to the front page.

I've got a question regarding Color_ID_1. Some car mods or Atari cars have a stripe or brake calipers that is editable only in the Paint deluxe shop like the Mk1 Gallardo Superleggera in Platinium. Is it possible to add a new color ID and edit it ? Obviously with TDUF we can duplicate anything but to edit this particular value seems like a well kept secret by TDU's limitation. I would like to copy the line of O_O2 and add a second choice stripe color like Atari's Camaro Z28 (Camaro_07) have it for example.

Maybe someone know ? Is there such an existing Color_ID_1 ".db" file we could edit ? It must be possible somewhere, the Deluxe paint shop just show it's somewhere in the files. We only have CarColor.db located in DB.bnk at the moment but can't find Color_ID_1 anywhere.

Edited by Tob-Racer

15 minutes ago, Tob-Racer said:

Thanks Djey ! 🙂 Added your link to the front page.

I've got a question regarding Color_ID_1. Some car mods or Atari cars have a stripe or brake calipers that is editable only in the Paint deluxe shop like the Mk1 Gallardo Superleggera in Platinium. Is it possible to add a new color ID and edit it ? Obviously with TDUF we can duplicate anything but to edit this particular value seems like a well kept secret by TDU's limitation. I would like to copy the line of O_O2 and add a second choice stripe color like Atari's Camaro Z28 (Camaro_07) have it for example.

Maybe someone know ? Is there such an existing Color_ID_1 ".db" file we could edit ? It must be possible somewhere, the Deluxe paint shop just show it's somewhere in the files. We only have CarColor.db located in DB.bnk at the moment but can't find Color_ID_1 anywhere.

You'll need zmodeler, i suppose. Since they seem to be a "material" file, forgot it's extension, but i know that ever TDU car has a similar file inside them.

Oh yea forgot about this 2dm file inside the car Bnk. But it involve modifying modder's work which I feel bad for after all the effort making a car mod. 

So the database is the second (unexplored?) option and my hope. Maybe lost chance but I'll keep searching just for the sake of interest.

Thanks guys for the reply 🙂

the 2dm was never explored to the point where you could modify it standalone. speeders world editor could make it readable and modify it to an extend, but nothing grounbreaking could be made with it. i once tried to edit the file to add new paint colors (from colors.2db in bnk/vehicules), it created a new material but there is no way to make it work in a precise way so the game can read it back, it's basically gibberish. i always hoped someone could decrypt the files so we can modify it properly, but I belive it will end like the xmb sound files, where the result just wouldnt be worth the research and effort put into decrypting it.

Edited by TDUZoqqer

• 1 month later...