We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited World Editor V0.04

Speeder

T1M raised the question in the chatbox if it's possible to convert Ibiza to TDU. I initially said yes because I >assume/think/hope< both games share a same world structure (file types, methods of creating height, world sectioning etc). But ofcourse, to get Ibiza ín TDU1, we have to get it óut of TDU2.

So then comes the question: are you considering to test and/or adapt the tools for TDU2 world editing (in the future)?

Whoa guys, nice one! Finally smooth roads on the island, as the collision models will be able to be edit too. You make some great possibilities for TDU this year, I am really looking forward for this project.

It's really incredible, what you all are doing here, wonderful :clap:

And nice to see you here again, Zoqqer :nods: :)

So then comes the question: are you considering to test and/or adapt the tools for TDU2 world editing (in the future)?

TDU 1 uses Twilight 1 whereas TDU2 use... Twilight 2. :cheeky: To be honest, I didn't examine TDU2's file but I'm pretty sure it's different (at least the car models used a different structure, so it's probably the same scenario for every 3D assets).

:clap: Moddingly speaking, 2014 did end well and 2015 is starting even better, way better than expected.

TDUF 0.2.0 is in great way to release, it will provide features to reverse engineer game files.

I hope it will be useful to understand those and speed'up the project ;)

TDUF is gonna be really helpful to allow new sectors to be added to the game (and even new islands).

Wiil be possible import Ibiza Island(from TDU2) to TDU and make a bridge conect to Hawaii or like TDU2 loading?

As said previously in this thread, First we have to get in TDU 2 underhood. It's gonna take a long time to get Ibiza into TDU1. It could be possible but there is a lot of work. At the moment, I imagine only tracks made for RFactor GTR2 etc... can be import. We'll see in the future, everything is at it's early stage at the momennt.

If you have a map editor, why would you be interested in importing Ibiza? Why not create something 100x better? :)

Ibizi wasn't great for cruising as there wasn't really much a circuit of great roads that covered most of the island, as I recall (it's been a while). Just some boring main roads/motorways with some random twisty roads branching off towards the coast.