We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited World Editor V0.04

Speeder

If you have a map editor, why would you be interested in importing Ibiza? Why not create something 100x better? :)

Ibizi wasn't great for cruising as there wasn't really much a circuit of great roads that covered most of the island, as I recall (it's been a while). Just some boring main roads/motorways with some random twisty roads branching off towards the coast.

Agree ! But Ibiza have some very nice scenery and countryside. A lot better than Oahu. I did like these little town with tight streets, Farms, Mediterranean Trees, realistic car parks, Beechs, Port, Desert in the middle of the map... Just the roads for cruising as you said was rubbish. You do relize it's only a place for having holidays. Not cruising with fast cars...

Haven't played the Crew yet. But I've watch some videos and the Map looks pretty good. Could be interesting to have it in TDU1 as I heard The Crew is having trouble to be "the spiritual successor of TDU1".

If you have a map editor, why would you be interested in importing Ibiza? Why not create something 100x better? :)

Top Gear track? Monaco GP? Spa Francorchamps? Perhaps even the Green hell? Or on a side note, that amazing road in Romania named Transfagaragandjrjjhshaarr (or similar) made by Ceausescu? What a wonderful time to be alive! We used to dream of this, even if we had no chance of having them at all. But now, it is a possible dream!

I'm looking for (a) good UV mapper(s) who could make a generic UV map for every heightmap (so that it could be applied to each imported heightmap since those don't have UV data). :)

PM me if you are interested.

Got that working now. :)

I had a quick look at TDU2 files: as expected the format is different (Objects and heightmap are in a same file now and the heightmap seems to has 3D now).

Could you perhaps give a bit more information on the texturing of the world? Such as resolutions of the textures, file sizes etc. I assume it also works with some form of LOD with lower resolutions for far, but from nearby it has to be pretty detailed. Kinda curious to know how a game with a world like TDU deals with a matter like this.

Wiil be possible import Ibiza Island(from TDU2) to TDU and make a bridge conect to Hawaii or like TDU2 loading?

:O :O :O :O :O x99999

I always hoped having something like that.

Ibizi wasn't great for cruising as there wasn't really much a circuit of great roads that covered most of the island, as I recall (it's been a while). Just some boring main roads/motorways with some random twisty roads branching off towards the coast.

I disagree, although I'm that one guy who still likes that game, so... *hides*

Thanks for the tool. I had a look on it. Looks interesting :) So basically, we can create only mountains at the moment or more ? I'm wondering where we can create mountains on Oahu apart from that secret Grid island with that little junction on the north. :hmmm:

Also, in the future, Would it be possible to remove a bit of vegetation like Trees, Grass... Oahu have way too much vegetation and I would love to see the west part of the island a bit more like a desert. More plain and prairies would be great :D

Oahu has too many fences, gates and bollards blocking interesting spots. Speeder showed a picture of a petrol station building I think? So that means eventually you could remove them, or replace them with an empty file or something?

I tried importing a custom mesh (with version 1) with a custom texture, and replace a certain section with that. It didn't really work, as the actual new mesh didn't appear, but what did happen was my texture showed up and deleted a bit of the ground there xD

I also failed at giving this ago. Tryed replacing a sector already there which didn't go well as i guess it was a conflict with the stock .2DM and .3DD which use the .3DG. The road was there but the surrounding was not which is to be expected. Another time i tryed it just stayed on the loading screen after clicking the road on the map.

I'd suggest just making a quick video of packing the files into the bnk/adding a new sector.

Have you tried replacing the sector by copy/paste or editing the one you imported?

If you want to swap sectors you need to respect the 257*257 vertex size (from what I've tested), otherwise the game won't display the sector, as if you were using a too high resolution texture.

2DM shouldn't matters as it is only used to create the layers used by the heightmap. However I completely forgot to take in consideration the 3DD which contains data specifics to heightmap (height for an unknown sized tile of the sector, probably to optimize polygon display) and which will hide any underwater faces you'd like to edit for example. It shouldn't be too complicated to edit that with the 3DG.

If you edit a sector without any coast you should be fine.

Gonna try something out on sector 4-4-0-4, which seems to be a patch of nothing but grass.

I tried sector 7-7-0-7 earlier and that was a coast patch which indeed left the road there but removed the actual soil (my tryout mesh was also not consistent 256x256 segments (or 257x257 vertices). On the picture below, sector 7-7-0-7 includes the odd shaped bay at the far left side of the picture. It's a very small sector btw, the only thing entirely included is that yacht harbour dock thing, plus a bit of roads.

2896025.jpg