We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited World Editor V0.04

Speeder

Interesting :) Well I'd really like to say very nice work but I really can't imagine how good this is as I'm unfortunately a little person who understand Human language. :lol: I can't wait to see how this tool is gonna revolutionized TDU and what I can only say at the moment is big thank you for working hard on your project and making the game better ;) Both of you (Speeder and Djey)

I'm maybe on the wrong thread (maybe not) but right people comes here so I'm gonna ask something:

1.is it possible to swap default TDU1 houses with some other ,maybe from TDU2...

2.one of the coolest thing in TDU2 are street lights working at night,in TDU1 it does not....I was wondering, since lights working only in tunels,is it possible to add that lights in street lights maybe?!

Sorry if you talked about this somewhere,I didn't see it,so I need to ask here:D

thanks for the answers Speeder,I thought about that for a while and needed to ask...

1. Do you mean the exterior or the interior of the house? The exterior should be possible with Zmodeler I guess. The interior would be quite complicated

Now I understand...not bad to create different exteriors but it is going to be architectural challenge using default interior....With bigger houses it could be done pretty nice but for the smaller houses and flats in the buildings it can't be done anything I guess...

2. Lights in the tunnels... don't exist! :D They actually created orange tinted textures for the roads and added an 'overlay'

Too bad about tunnel lights,I didn't expect this answer.....

We need more dealerships on TDU, like nissan, lamborghini and others..... because we will get more cars and we want put all together xD

how about these dealerships, in addition:

- Asian Independents

- Australian Cars

- French Independents

- another European Independents

- World Independents

About 3d models, i can work with Solidworks... i could make buildings, specially if it's only a shell and nothing inside very quickly. I'd need to know though what kind of file would be necessary, like, .obj, .stl... :lol:

I also would need to know if i need to make them in the correct scale or if it's possible to re-scale things when putting it on TDU map, and a few other details. But buildings... i can even try to make a garage building, or any other entry-able things...

Edit: Also, would need to know about textures and etc.

how about these dealerships, in addition:

- Asian Independents

- Australian Cars

- French Independents

- another European Independents

- World Independents

Some nice idea here but not enough in my opinion :D

What about some official manufacturer dealers like BMW, Porsche, Toyota, Honda, Subaru, Mitsubishi and a second Ford dealer (Because there are so much Ford Mods for TDU :cool:

Before talking about adding any environment stuff, let's wait and see for the next firsts mods who's gonna arrive soon. I'm pretty sure it's gonna take a while before we gonna be able to import our own building.

My vision of a Porsche dealer ;)

Porsche_Dealership_Portsmouth_United_Kingdom.jpg

That Porsche dealer is not hard to make... not at all. Hardest thing is to find the correct textures to simulate it. :lol:

Edit: Main problem with adding new "working" shops is the fact it also includes a pack of animations with it and a detailed, working interior aswell, with people selling the cars, walking around... that my friends, might be really complicated.

Oh yea very true ! I haven't fault of that. Well we never know, we might understand how it work and be able to recreate the 3D animations.

But I imagine what's possible at the moment is copy one of the dealers, change the logos and interior design, and here we go. Volkswagen/Audi dealer design may be a good one for Porsche, Alfa Romeo dealers would be a great transformation for BMW ;)

To create a Porsche dealer, we can copy the Porsche dealer from the newest Silverstone track of any recent game. :)

With this, would it eventually be possible to have smoother roads? Or is that a limitation in the way they were implemented? The bumpy roads are the only thing that has always kept me from giving TDU a 10/10.

It's 100% possible indeed. :)

File format used is .obj + .mtl. Texture will be editable in a basic material editor, since the .mtl will only contain colormap of the material (.mtl doesn't allow complex system of layer like TDU uses).