We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited World Editor V0.04

Speeder

World Editor is mainly a file converter, to edit TDU files in other programs. It's not so hard to use.

So, that requires a good knowledge in modeling and design tools (a car modder should not encounter big issues).

Speeder has included a quick guide to start with working on the subject.

I would say it's relatively easy though i can't get objects to export. Still not sure if this feature should work or not. Though the change log says it does.

I have no problem with HeightMAP and Static Havok Roads but objects just doesn't want to work for me. So i must be doing some thing wrong.

If only Speeder was around to help me out. :(

Not sure what you mean.

Object files is in the sector bnk named Sector-x-x-x-x-O.2dm/3dd/3dg and contains the roads and buildings according to Speeder.

I have worked round it at the moment with zmodeler but it does't support the materials and UV sets required.

So i am at a point that i can go no further.

The library.2dm/3dd/3dg in commonworld.bnk has buildings, signs, trees etc in which are placed i supposed with coordinates inside the sector bnk.

EDIT: I have kindly asked oleg if he could help so lets hope he can as we are so close.

Yeah, that was the point I needed to clarify. Thus sectors only contains 'uncommon' objects

Now I wonder if we can set any 'common' or 'uncommon' object in the sector by ourselves.

And yes, ZModeler was not updated to handle those new parameters, let's hope Oleg does now.

TDU-WorldEditor-0.0.4

If I want to export it says "no sector found in selected folder" BUT sectors ARE in this folder

And one more question: To export (take out from TDU) sector I need just TDU-WE or something more to this? And in world editor is file: NvTriStripper have I to have to installed this because I can't MSVCP100D.dll missing (btw. I've raedon) ?

@Pyrol If you could send me a zip of that folder i could take a look.

@ BeSweeet As of yet to my knowledge nothing. The main issue was getting roads to import and export correctly.

But Oleg edited the tdu1 source to import 3 UVs correctly but it wasn't exporting 3 UVs or importing/exporting the material settings correctly.

So then i simply edited the source to export 3 UVs no matter what the material settings were which worked. But then had to edit the material.2DM with material editor.

I told Oleg this then he spent almost 5 hours on teamViewer making import and export of roads work correctly.

I can't thank Oleg, Djey and Speeder enough for making this possible. :D

That is a picture of my edited source build/edited material.2DM. Seemed a waste of time uploading a new picture as it would be the same.

2k610gzguib01al4g.jpg

It's very hard to modify anything in tdu world (there are textures binded to objects but they're white ;-; and there is anyway to specify path to this texture ;v), also if I wanted to save it (sector) with C4D r13 (WorldEditor worked but sector was... wasn't sector just water in tdu), simillary with autodesk maya (but OK - quoting guide book. I do't understood word "AVOID" ;-;), when I wanted to export with C4D r16 that program get crash, ONLY 3ds MAX 13 works.

Blender even do not want to import .dea (with installed plug-in) you have to cut some lines using N++ or just notepad

I think cause of problem with textures is that it is in .DDS - do you know how to make textures visible without exporting that dds to png ?

Is there any person(I guess there is) to make fully tutorial to make your own sector (if possible including: objects, terrain etc.) ?