We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited World Editor V0.04

Speeder

So i have ran into a rather large problem imo. I can't seem to add the .shk file to bnks and get it working.

Even just copying another sector and just renaming it doesn't work.

So my assumption is that this .shk is registered some where else, but i just don't know where.

If i can't get this to work adding new sectors won't happen. :sulk:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have run into a problem with the .shk files. Even when just importing into 3ds max and exporting whilst doing no editing results in a messed up .shk.

As you can see in the picture the .shk seems to fall short of where it was and this subsequently messes the whole .shk up. This also screws the shadows up too it seems.

Not holding much how as you've moved on but in the smallest chance i thought i would at least post what I've found.

[ATTACH=full]30932[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]30933[/ATTACH]

I have run into a problem with the .shk files. Even when just importing into 3ds max and exporting whilst doing no editing results in a messed up .shk.

As you can see in the picture the .shk seems to fall short of where it was and this subsequently messes the whole .shk up. This also screws the shadows up too it seems.

Not holding much how as you've moved on but in the smallest chance i thought i would at least post what I've found.

Don't expect too much from the .shk generation, as far as I remember the MOPP (the bytecode used by the physics engine) generated is totally wrong.

I guess it could be cool to give it some time and rewrite a tool for map edition (research papers on MOPP emerged those last years). :D

[quote name='Darkboy']Yea :D This is how it looks in the game.[/QUOTE] Yes it loads for me. What i was asking if any one could get the .shk to work which means you would be able to drive on it. What you have showed me is nothing new unfortunately. @Speeder It would be cool if you could look at it but i understand that you have chosen to put your time into some thing else. With out .shk there is nothing that can be done as i'm sure you know.

• 2 weeks later...