We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited World Editor V0.04

Speeder

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, really looking forward to the 0.5 version. :D

But going back to the 0.4 version...

I've been trying to apply textures to the Havok.dae (The collision mesh for the roads). Could someone send me a Dae havok file with working textures so that I can see how the codding works. Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi guys! I am trying to import areas with objects to 3ds max 2013 64bit but i have some problems with it. I have Windows 7 Pro (Russian language), GeForce graphics card (Dx10)
I have read the UserGuide. (maybe i can't read)

I have a lot of warnings in 3ds (sector 8-8-1-1)

Spoiler

While reading or writing a file the following notifications have been raised.
    -Warning: The transform of node "NETWORK" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%88%E_MARKS2" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%88%E_SHADOW" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%8B%E_SHADOW" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%85%E_MARKS" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%85%E_MARKS2" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%85%E_SHADOW" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%87%E_MARKS2" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%87%E_SHADOW" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%8A%E_MARKS" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%8A%E_MARKS2" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%8A%E_DETAIL" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%8A%E_GLOSS" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%8A%E_SHADOW" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%r%84%E_MARKS2" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%r%84%E_SHADOW" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%r%86%E_SHADOW" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%r%85%E_MARKS" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%r%85%E_MARKS2" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%r%85%E_DETAIL" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%r%85%E_GLOSS" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%r%85%E_SHADOW" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%8C%E_SHADOW" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%r%87%E_MARKS" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%r%87%E_MARKS2" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%r%87%E_SHADOW" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%MATE_MARKS" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%MATE_MARKS2" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%MATE_SHADOW" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%86%E_MARKS" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%86%E_MARKS2" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%86%E_SHADOW" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%89%E_MARKS" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%89%E_MARKS2" exists.
    -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "%A4%%98%%82%%90%%AC%q%89%E_SHADOW" exists.
    -Warning: The transform of node "HMAP" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
    -Warning: The transform of node "ROAD" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.

What should I try? I think the problem is in FBX, but how can I fix it?
I had tried 3ds max 2010, i had the same problem. If it possible, give me an answer in russian (не надеюсь, но всё же)
I will be glad to you who will help me!

image.png

image.png

image.png

• 4 months later...

commonworld is just 3D meshes and textures to be used by the sector files, you would not edit those contents with TDU World Editor.

(and IIRC, there's a bug in ZModeler2 plugin which prevents editing its meshes anyway)

Have a look at embedded documentation to know which bnks to extract and process.

Edited by Djey

On 5/5/2020 at 3:20 PM, Djey said:

commonworld is just 3D meshes and textures to be used by the sector files, you would not edit those contents with TDU World Editor.

(and IIRC, there's a bug in ZModeler2 plugin which prevents editing its meshes anyway)

Have a look at embedded documentation to know which bnks to extract and process.

thanks a lot, i'll try and then will show the result))

P.S. i know that commonworld is not for editing, but in the world editor is required to indicate in the settings the folder of this file

Edited by pinci

On 5/13/2020 at 11:20 AM, BEight said:

Hey there,

If you need help in creating map mods, I'll be glad to help out. I got some experience making Surfer's Island and other projects. 

Please make a short example of using world editor, the user guide has no examples. I don't know what files i have to import.

Edited by pinci

• 2 years later...
16 hours ago, Adil2003 said:

Hello guys! 
How i can import whole TDU MAP in other game or game engine like unity 
It possible to work with latest blender version + TDU World editior 
I Like if someone intruduce me how use that application!

Check out my guide to TDU mapping.

It tells how get the Hmap files from the game. Objects can be imported using the same tool, but you will have to cut a few lines using a txt editor.

Trees and buildings might be an issue, because they are codded in. The models are all located in the "Commonworld" folder but you might need Zmod to get them.

In short. Yeah sure, but it would take a very long time to get everything you see in TDU into an other engine.

• 6 months later...

Good afternoon.

I'm making a mod for the game. I need buildings for the mod. They cannot be extracted from the game.

If I understand correctly, they are located together with the landscape in the sections Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Level\Hawai\Area-*\Area-*-*

The landscape is successfully extracted using Test Drive Unlimited World Editor if you select only HeightMAP. After extraction, the DAE landscape file can be loaded into Blender.

Roads are also extracted normally if you select Static Havok Roads instead of HeightMAP.

If I understood correctly, then to export a building, you should choose Objects instead of HeightMAP. But when you try to import a DAE file into Blender later, a void is imported.

Blender version 3.5.1

Do I misunderstand and the buildings are located somewhere else, or do I need to extract them in some other way?
Can someone tell me how to extract buildings from the game?

2 hours ago, Ratibor said:

Good afternoon.

I'm making a mod for the game. I need buildings for the mod. They cannot be extracted from the game.

If I understand correctly, they are located together with the landscape in the sections Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Level\Hawai\Area-*\Area-*-*

The landscape is successfully extracted using Test Drive Unlimited World Editor if you select only HeightMAP. After extraction, the DAE landscape file can be loaded into Blender.

Roads are also extracted normally if you select Static Havok Roads instead of HeightMAP.

If I understood correctly, then to export a building, you should choose Objects instead of HeightMAP. But when you try to import a DAE file into Blender later, a void is imported.

Blender version 3.5.1

Do I misunderstand and the buildings are located somewhere else, or do I need to extract them in some other way?
Can someone tell me how to extract buildings from the game?

Hi,

Very few buildings are actually in the sectors. Most buildings are located in a library found in the Commonworld.bnk. Its called Library.3dg and you'll need zmodder to open it.