We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How to create your own car for TDU!

Driver:TDU

Glad to see this thread is going well :) It wouldn't be possible without Driver. So big thanks to him for his time and his hard work ! Modding cars shouldn't be a secret anymore to anyone :cool:

Thanks Zoqqer to your interest of the thread too :D Your experience is precious to everybody !

I wrote it in another thread,

But i want to say it a second time:

All progress in Tdu modding since many years is by your time you spent working for the communauty, dear modders.

I'm so happy and enthousiast because now i'm sure TDU will never die. So thx you, really. We support you.

Respect ! :)

Just assigned the lights textures to the respective parts... it works so beautifully! I feel like a 6 year old getting a ton of presents for Christmas :D

I have but one doubt: is it normal for a car not to have glass parts? Just light and reflections, as Driver calls them?

EDIT: Another doubt. In episode 3, when moving the wheels shadow to their correct position, the front ones went alright, but the rear ones have two diferent polygons http://i.imgur.com/5KtRKDC.png

What am I doing wrong?

I need about 2 weeks for a mod of mine. But I am making a lot myself in 3DS Max and also new textures, and very often more than 2 versions of one car. But still, 10 hours seems a bit too short for me to finish a good mod. Just my two cents.

I agree with that. I mean 10 hours it's a base - put one working car in to the game but to release a mod you need more time

rebelinho, ​I guess Episode 4 will be tomorrow. About glass i think its possible. About your problem: unselect it and then just move right and left wheels shadows in right position as singles

I guess Episode 4 will be tomorrow. About glass i think its possible. About your problem: unselect it and then just move right and left wheels shadows in right position as singles

Great stuff. About the shadows I did exactly that.

That detaching part on episode 3, around 16:50, is important? I can't detach the whole lights, it just detaches the polygon I click on, even if everything is selected.

One more doubt: around 36 min in episode 3, you start to attch some parts, change the name of body_black to BODY_LR, crete a catalog with that same BODY_LR... how do you know which parts you need to attach, or is it irrelevant? And the BODY_LR needs to be created from body_black or can it be any other part?

One more doubt: around 36 min in episode 3, you start to attch some parts, change the name of body_black to BODY_LR, crete a catalog with that same BODY_LR... how do you know which parts you need to attach, or is it irrelevant? And the BODY_LR needs to be created from body_black or can it be any other part?

Its dosent matter wich part you named body_lr and how you gonna attach them. Just remember that glass, windows and lights must be separately and lies into the body_lr catalog

--- Post Updated ---

Btw guys i have some deals today so Episode 4 will be in friday

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys!

AMAZING tutorial Driver:TDU

Do you plan to continue with this tutorial? I would like to make my contribution to the game with some mods:

[ATTACH]23819[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23820[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23821[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23822[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23823[/ATTACH]

Thx

• 5 months later...

hello driver:tdu thnx for sharing your knowledge btw im from sweden and has Always wanted to get into moding fm4 cars into tdu1 and 2 hopefully i can proceed first model is a saab 99 turbo :) hasnt found more than tdu 2 to gta sa mod tuts then some one told me its basic the same as tdu1 so ima try for tdu1 first :)