We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[TDUF Research] Tutorials : Understand TDU files with FileTool

Djey

Yeah, that's been a while - but I made long breaks as well (and many others in the future, probably). :)

I totally understand and assume that these contents are for advanced modders and developpers overall.

But since TDUMT toolset lacked of documentation, I don't want TDUF prevents motivated people to have a look at it, as that did ages ago.

Is the provided btrq json reference file just for reference or should it actually return something meaningful? I was trying out the jsonify option on a btrq file from a random car, and I just cannot get anything meaningful out of it. The floating point values are all over the place it seems, and the entrycount is in the billions... I'm new to the forums btw, but I might be interested in helping out a bit, if I have time that is :)

In fact, the .btrq files have been encrypted by EDEN devs :)

You should use tdudec to encrypt/decrypt it (with non-savegame mode I believe)

I will add a simple btrq read/write example as tutorial.

Also, next TDUF version (0.3.0) will handle encrypted files automatically.

Well it might be ok if someday we can add new slots and new cars on them ourselfs, but ok, its good like this too, modders can make megapacks and stuff.

And i dont know what else might be possible.

Maybe importing crew map, hmmm . . . :hmmm:

Lol, just kidding.

:)

• 1 month later...