We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Research: Adding brand new vehicle slots in TDU.

civicmanvtec

The only main problems as of now is that the process of adding a new car is somewhat slow and the limited amount of camera slots; even if we're able to increase the amount from 135 vehicles to around 300-400 we'd still only have 135 cameras between these cars. However it is possible to add new sets but the cameras.bin editor doesn't work for me so I can't experiment more on it.

Just by curiosity: did you get any issue with the ability of buying added vehicle at a car dealer?

Not at all, it works just like any other car.

So should I guess that handling Cameras.bin file is a feature we need even quicker than stated before ? :D

When properly handled, TDUF will generate a JSON file to be easily edited with any application / text editor / or utility web site.

Of course, a modified JSON file can be converted to original file format back ;)

Here is what the new FileTool thread will deal about.

So should I guess that handling Cameras.bin file is a feature we need even quicker than stated before ? :D

When properly handled, TDUF will generate a JSON file to be easily edited with any application / text editor / or utility web site.

Of course, a modified JSON file can be converted to original file format back ;)

Here is what the new FileTool thread will deal about.

And i have no idea what that means. :lol:

Both, ideally. I think that's possible. A new cam set can be set much like we can add a vehicle slot in database.

Customizing cam values is a bit trickier, I hope camera.bin editor works, to help with finding interesting fields in the file.

Will the JSON file allow to add custom values like the bin editor? or to add new slots using the 4 assigned cameras with TDUMT? Either way it'd be pretty good.

Also is there any chance for a translated camera.bin editor program? It doesn't seem to work due to russian values involved.

Both, ideally. I think that's possible. A new cam set can be set much like we can add a vehicle slot in database.

Customizing cam values is a bit trickier, I hope camera.bin editor works, to help with finding interesting fields in the file.

I think upon creating a new vehicle slot a camera is also made for it; however it just uses the default values much like a camera set of some idle slots (ie DB7 AR1 or Cobalt SS)

pcJXiSz.png

maybe these can be activated in the future? then we can give more cars unique camera sets like the Saleen S281 from the Mustang.