We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

Very indifferent towards the car until I see pics/specs :shrug:

2017 Land Rover Discovery:

btsmwtsau0ynp9xnvwel.png

o5m50a1oxkig9x2ib8ak.png

e3zsccoyjuf5dqiwpxnu.png

Images from Jalopnik - Drive Free or Die

Within the article:

- 34 degree approach angle

- 27.5 degree breakover angle

- 30 degree departure angle

- 11.1 inches clearance

- can ford 35" of water

Not bad for a car that will only ever really do the school run :hmmm: Shame the design looks like other crossovers/SUVs and isn't very distinctive.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2018 BMW X2 Concept:

_sp_1249.jpg?itok=ePpuKKpd

_sp_1255.jpg?itok=-zUJltZW

x2_13.jpg?itok=qE52-pno

Images from Autocar

Sporty looking crossover, bigger and more stylish than the X1, I do think it will sell but this is one of those concept designs where you can already see where the value engineering will focus on, where all the plastics, smaller wheels and wipers etc will make this clean looking design look about 1/4th as good.

2017 BMW Nissan Micra:

paris-2016-804.jpg?itok=lRrEFaic

paris-2016-803.jpg?itok=SYv4s9Ru

images from Autocar

This isn't actually that bad. It is one of those cars that should be renamed to something new because a lot of people in the UK would definitely rule out buying a Micra due to its name and the stigma attached to it.

2017 Jaguar XF Sportbrake:

xf_sportbrake_camo-1.jpg?itok=jWWp4fvK

I hadn't seen this spy shot prior to reading that they've confirmed the estate version of the XF is on its way, so this is pretty good news. XF-R Sportbrake plz? Jaguar seem quite slow at releasing new models. Expected an XF-R or sportbrake earlier than this.

Honda Civic Type R

qfmq7tr2jwfguyr2qfoi.jpg

nglliupt7vwcgfyzdzgd.jpg

bvrgyj6q602fpev4dvsv.jpg

Yes please. This looks much better than the previous model, which never really won me over.

Audi RS3 Sedan

dhydnwazvzv4henhvcib.jpg

l27ucdee7gn08igo4ofi.jpg

vxnuiaxejo2fr1iyq395.jpg

Drove past an S3 sedan yesterday, looks much better than the Hatchback. Yes please.

2017 Audi Q5:

a1610637_medium.jpg?itok=6fYba7Pu

a1610640_large.jpg?itok=maP70hM5

moreq5-09.jpg?itok=sv_AMA9G

Images from Autocar

I was quite negative about this car until I saw it today, I think the front end looks like a really mature and complete design. Stylish and expensive looking. It's a shame the rear doesn't look quite as evolutionary as it just looks the same.

Last but not least for this post...

Ummm, this Lexus UX:

paris959s.jpg?itok=yzGfZ0mm

paris960.jpg?itok=W6wH67-E

Image from Autocar

GO HOME LEXUS YOU'RE DRUNK

Makes me wonder what specs the old CLK/R GTR had by way of comparison

Roadcar CLK-GTR (non Supersport) had 631PS, ~3,7 seconds to 100 km/h and a top speed of just over 320 km/h. In 17 years this has not been exceeded. It's been the same for the CLK-GTR, SLR, SLS, AMG GT and the now previous generation E-Class Estate.

I have no idea what is going on at Audi... They've got some amazing-looking cars like the TT, R8, RS 3 Sedan, and then the SUVs... The new Q5 is the same car with a new front grille. Even Porsche designers are not that lazy.

The Civic is ugly as ever. Holy hell what a mess of a design. They sure as hell are on crack at Honda (and Lexus and Toyota) in Japan.

--- Post Updated ---

Ride height of a Lada, fancy ricey black accents and fake vents, and central exhaust. It'll have either a 1.0 or 1.5 turbo engines. Yeah, a 1.0 with two central exhaust pipes.

hoci51_57ecd581035a3.jpg

hoci40_57ecd580aff7a.jpg

Of course it needs the same number of exhaust pipes as the Ferari F40.

_hocir50_57ecd5c40505c.jpg

And neither I understand this. It's an MPV/crossover thing for families and they really have to torture the dashboard & steering wheel like this? :shrug:

pe500803_57ecc2d2b6211.jpg

That peugeot interior looks rather good imo. With the absolutely blandest of bland interiors VW and its subsidiaries have been pumping out for the past decade or two I think that interior is refreshing. The quality in pug interiors has improved a fair bit but still has some ground to make up on to rival some of the other high volume crossovers.

I don't expect it to be to everyone's tastes, but it does offer something different and can you imagine dads picking up their sons and their friends in it and showing them a sci-fi batmobile looking interior?

• 2 weeks later...

I was sort of hoping they'd fit a good looking rear wing to it but it seems they just expanded stock of the C63 BS aftermarket wing. That car sort of gives me the feeling AMG's is trying to get rid of the Black Series. Too extreme to fit on current models?

Sound is great as usual though.

I was sort of hoping they'd fit a good looking rear wing to it but it seems they just expanded stock of the C63 BS aftermarket wing. That car sort of gives me the feeling AMG's is trying to get rid of the Black Series. Too extreme to fit on current models?

Sound is great as usual though.

Can't see any type of wing that would look good on the car. It's just not the right car for it. M4 GTS has the same issue - its sleek rear-end shape does not cope well with the wing's design.

I hope the production version will have wider arches.

The satin paint mixed with the stripes is absolutely disgusting. That paint is very very hit and miss, the stripes are 100% awful, so it's very bizarre. What are merc playing at? Is the chav market really big enough to cater too?

My mom and I saw this thing at DTM this year, she loved the paintjob, even didn't mind the striping. I also liked it a bit more in real than on photos. And the livery's based on how they debuted the C Coupe DTM car, it was introduced with the same livery so Merc decided to make a special edition for the AMG roadcar. Though I'm interested to see how many people opted for this package. Also these specific colors were the PR-livery, but it was also available in other colors such as black striping on a white car (as done on the A45 earlier).

mercedes-benz-c-class_c205_amg_edition1_exterior_03_814x443_10-2015_.jpg

And yes, this makes a car pop out from the rest. Good-looking or not is a different story, but that doesn't matter. I bet the Chinese loved it, because there's only one thing that beats a Chinese driving a Euro premium performance car: a Chinese driving a Euro premium limited-edition performance car.

Merc is trying too hard with the AMG bits and paintjobs. From the atrocious aero package on the A/CLA/GLA to this grey Edition 1 C-class.

A car can look sporty, aggressive and yet elegant enough to not make it chavvy. I don't really care if the design is based on a DTM race car. You say it is good because it makes the car (and the owner) stand out from the crowd. I say it makes it/you stand out in a bad way.

Needless to say that there are two C63 Coupe Edition 1's to choose from - fully loaded with yellow stripes that comes only in matte gray, or with grey stripes (which can be deleted) and standard colors.

Merc is trying too hard with the AMG bits and paintjobs. From the atrocious aero package on the A/CLA/GLA to this grey Edition 1 C-class.

They try hard because they notice it sells, and that's what matters. Look at the second-hand market how many 117's, 176's, 205's, 213's, 222's etc are fitted with the AMG sportspack bumpers, the 'diamond' grille, many-spoke rims... The liveries like the AMG striping were only used on a few entry-series cars (which were designed to attract younger dynamic audiences as Merc would say). Everything above the C (including GTS Edition1) didn't get that. And some of the new paints like Solarbeam, Hyacinth Red and that 176 metallic green are quite nice imo.

You say it is good because it makes the car (and the owner) stand out from the crowd.

Don't twist my words, I never said it's >good< because it makes it stand out. I only said it makes it stand out, and that's what some people want. Not me, I'd never order striping, if I'd buy a racing car in most cases I'd get the hairdryer out and make it plain-body.

I don't really care if the design is based on a DTM race car.

Other's do, just look at the gazillion cars in Gulf, Martini or John Player Special liveries. So for them, if they would be made aware it's also on the DTM car, some might like that link, even though Merc doesn't even actually race with it in those colors. And I never said you have to care, I was only providing that the paintjob didn't entirely drop out of the sky.

Ofc Sport packs sell like hotcakes. What I meant was the overall design of them and the additional wings and so on. Still, sport bumpers look better than standard on most models, though. Except the S coupe.

I guess that yeah the stripes and such are there to attract younger people and those who like their cars in some crazy, attention-seeking wraps. However, such things just doesn't fit the brand and even the cars in my mind. The real way to get more younger people that would otherwise go for BMWs due to the sporty feeling and drive is to make the base versions cars drive better/ like BMW and look more sharper/sporty.

For sure, they must sell enough ed1 models that they still keep making them.

I'd put cxx stripes on a gt3 rs or some dezent m tricolor on a white m2 coupe. Not a Merc, Audi, Bentley and other cars that are in the luxury/classy bracket. So that's why I don't like it.

2017 Nissan GT-R Nismo: £149,995!!!???!!!!????!!!!????!!!!????!!!!???!!!???

2_52a2274.jpg?itok=VjuV_A75

The newest godzilla will now cost more than:

- Porsche 911 Turbo S (£145,773)

- Porsche 911 R (£136,901)

- Porsche 911 GT3 RS (£131,296)

- Mercedes S63 Coupé (£127,515)

- Audi R8 V10 Plus (£132,715)

- McLaren 570S (£143,250)

- 98% of a brand new Ferrari California T (you need an extra 5k, but still.....) :ytwh:

- 98% of a brand new Aston Martin DB11 (you need an extra 5k, but still.....) :ytwh:

I'm sorry but it just isn't worth it. All those cars might be slower around a track, but they're more exotic and have more luxurious interiors. At some point milliseconds off of a nurburgring track record has to stop being important or else we'd all be driving Radical SR8s to work.

I think this is a huge improvement over the F10 tbh, obviously it's evolution rather than revolution but isn't every new model like that nowadays, I think it's a much more mature design and has brought it up to 2016-2017 design language etc.

I'm interesting in seeing what the non M-Sport model looks like, as I find the base spec cars give you a better idea of how good a design actually is than the top-spec ones, even though most models you see are M-Sport.

The interior is shockingly awful imo, the materials and build quality might be sky high but the design is just really awful, not at all stylish and have they actually reduced the amount of buttons on the interior in comparison to the F10? I'd have thought it was quite rare nowadays to see such a huge revamp with such a small leap in interior design philosophy.

The outside of the 5 series, the driving dynamics of the XF and the interior of the Audi A4/Q7 would make the best combination I think.

When you see that GTR price compared to its competitors, especially the 911 GT3 RS it really does seem nuts what they are asking but I guess they know the idolisation that the car has and there must be the market for it to go this way. If I had that money and choice though, I would probably out of that list, go for the Porsche.

The new BMW 5 looks real smart, still not a huge of the front completely but it is better than the last one imo.