We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't overlook that bookshelf, it's distracting me from everything else due to how ridiculous an idea it is. Get out.

Not even the broccoli?

P90245460-highRes.jpg

What's the traffic light stopwatch good for? 0-50 drag racing? :lol:

Automakers are trying hard to keep the passengers in autonomous cars entertained. BMW's introduced a system that will tell the passengers some information about the buildings they are passing by in the car if the point their finger at it. They say that the BMW Connected app will let people order stuff from Amazon, too. But it's possible to order on Amazon right now, via Amazon's own app. How's that an innovation? :oook:

Medium_613_Audi_Q7_Piloted_Driving_Concept.jpg

'tis an Audi developed in conjuction with nVidia that learns from the driver's driving habits and is afterwards self-learning. Audi's been using nVidia chips for some time already, and the upcoming A8 will be able to drive itself in traffic jams and will feature a second-gen virtual cockpit with a new tegra chip from nVidia. Level-4 autonomous vehicle from Audi & nvidia should hit the roads in 2020.

Basically every company is working on autonomous cars now. It's all the same, just different names lol

McLaren 'P14', to be revealed in March:

McLaren-Monocage-II-fotoshowBig-59eef8fe-999697.jpg

It's reported to be lighter than the 650S and more powerful than the 675LT.

All of the future tech stuff bores me so much. The word autonomous doesn't really excite me as society, in the UK anyway, simply isn't prepared for self driving cars to be going about everywhere, the laws to control this new tech do not really exist, so as much as these cars might be rather cool in their own way, it all seems a bit too far down the road at the moment.

It is the future though. :shrug:

By 2030 will insurers want to know how many miles you plan on driving yourself in comparison to how many miles you will be a passenger in your autonomous car? It reminds me of the Audi R8 in iRobot for some reason. I just imagine in the future it will be frowned upon to put your car into manual mode and drive it yourself as it will seem (and most likely be) less safe.

We've been preparing for driverless cars for a while now, it was and is an inevitability. In a funny way it will result in safer and speedier travel and if get a move on we can get past driverless on the road cars and get to the hovering and flying types! :chuckle:

By 2030 will insurers want to know how many miles you plan on driving yourself in comparison to how many miles you will be a passenger in your autonomous car? It reminds me of the Audi R8 in iRobot for some reason. I just imagine in the future it will be frowned upon to put your car into manual mode and drive it yourself as it will seem (and most likely be) less safe.

Probably yes, but today, there are, as far as I know, almost no rules and laws. California prohibits any use of vehicles with no human control and foot/steering control - Uber had to tow all their autonomous cars out of San Francisco because the DMV wouldn't allow them to register the cars last month, iirc.

It was only in December that Michigan passed bills that allow manufacturers to legally operate and eventually sell autonomous vehicles. And this is only one state out of 50 or whatever the number of US states is.

Car manufacturers and start-ups are just racing against each other to do the best in the shortest time, but in reality, I don't think anyone is ready for this technology yet.

It doesn't excite me either, it actually makes me sad that this is now a thing. The future of affordable fun, enjoyable and analog motoring is coming to an end.

--- Post Updated ---

We've been preparing for driverless cars for a while now, it was and is an inevitability. In a funny way it will result in safer and speedier travel and if get a move on we can get past driverless on the road cars and get to the hovering and flying types! :chuckle:

That is, until some hacker known as Ivan or Cheng will hack yo ride and send you flying off a cliff.

The grid system used in most big US cities will definitely help with the integration of this autonomous driving systems, but I imagine some of the narrow twisty roads dating back to the roman empire over here in Europe might cause a bigger headache at first.

Oh, yeah.

I remember Matt Farah saying that the Tesla was driving like a drunk driver in the canyons. lol

BMW and Merc have been busy with autonomous cars since the late 80's or early 90's. They work pretty well in normal European conditions. I think there's a bigger potential issue with roadworks, especially when one side of the highway has to merge with the other side to pass the obstructions.

The grid system used in most big US cities will definitely help with the integration of these autonomous driving systems, but I imagine some of the narrow twisty roads dating back to the roman empire over here in Europe might cause a bigger headache at first.

Here in Northern Ireland there's literally 2 motorways, one going north from Belfast, one going south. Apart from that it's single carriageway heaven here, good luck autonomous cars.

How about an autonomous car with personality? :lol:

NACA ducks!!!!!! It haz NACA ducks!!!!!!

EDIT: here's another extreme version of the Continental... I bet it's just me but they could have done without all the weird patterns and the rear wing, to me it just feels so out of place on a car like this. I do like the wheels and the front end.

It has 700 hp, does 0-100 in 3.4 seconds and is said to reach 336 km/h, with 3.7 seconds and 330 km/h for the convertible version.

2017-bentley-continental-supersports.jpg

Central Roof Scoop? Mercedes? :panic: Time to get excited.

Mercedes_Benz-CLK_GTR_mp35_pic_47578.jpg

I love the seats on that Bentley, It could do with the checkered dash veneer but I'm not that offended by it either, they're trying their hardest to make it seem modern/different when the design has been around for over a decade now :hmmm: As with the R8 V10 Plus, the wing is meh, but I love all the other Aero on the car. Looking forward to hearing the noise of the engine. I actually rather like that.

Soon to be available: the RWD Kia Stinger GT :D

Not known exactly when, but it will debute in Detroit and as said has a front-engine rear-wheel-drive layout. It measures 4,8 meters long and 1,87 meters wide and it has 2,9 meters wheelbase (larger than a CLS). Alongside the RWD version with mechanical limited slip differential, there will also be an AWD version with Dynamic Torque Vectoring control. Both drivetrains are available for both of the engine versions: a 2,0-liter 4-cylinder with 255 hp and 352 Nm of torque, and the GT's biturbo 3,3-liter V6 with 365 hp and 510 Nm of torque. Both engines are linked to an eight-speed automatic transmission. The GT should be able to hit 100 km/h in 5.1 seconds and have a top speed of 269 km/h. Base version stands on 225/45 R18 all-around while the GT has 245/40 R19 on the front and 255/35 R19 at the rear.

In terms of equipment, the car will be available with a 15-speaker Harman/Kardon soundsystem and electronically adjustable suspension with 5 modes.

So far, it has been announced as a Kia Motors America debute for 2018 with the first units being delivered late '17. Pricing not yet known.

Kia-Stinger-GT-rood-03.jpg

Kia-Stinger-GT-rood-05.jpg

Kia-Stinger-GT-rood-02.jpg

More or less same size as the Optima, but I'm guessing it's gonna be the "luxury" one in Kia's lineup. In Europe, at least.

Not exactly a fan of the looks; it doesn't excite me in any way, and it's still a Kia, but nice to see a non-German-premium vehicle with more than four cylinders. The only other car is the Giulia QV. The days of V6 Mondeos and W8 Passats are long gone.

Not exactly a fan of the looks; it doesn't excite me in any way, and it's still a Kia, but nice to see a non-German-premium vehicle with more than four cylinders.

Eh, the British and Muricans are doing okay with providing the non-German larger than four cylinder engines, they're not as rare as you'd think, but it's always a good thing to add to that list.