We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes i wonder if it's just me, but a lot of new cars that are getting released doesn't look good. Seems like one of those bad moments for cars, and when the new versions come in 3 to 4 years, they will be a lot better...

No I think you're right. So many cars are just.. boring at the moment. Maybe a facelift is what they need. VAG really need to step up their design game and do something interesting. I mean for god sake after years of focusing on cheap hatchbacks, saloons and hybrids Toyota changed their philosophy and realized they're bloody boring and made a sports car. Of all marques.. Toyota. Why can't VAG, they have Bugatti, Lamborghini, Bentley (right?) and Audi under their belt..

No I think you're right. So many cars are just.. boring at the moment. Maybe a facelift is what they need. VAG really need to step up their design game and do something interesting. I mean for god sake after years of focusing on cheap hatchbacks, saloons and hybrids Toyota changed their philosophy and realized they're bloody boring and made a sports car. Of all marques.. Toyota. Why can't VAG, they have Bugatti, Lamborghini, Bentley (right?) and Audi under their belt..

Volkswagen won't ever make a sports car, i think you can forget about that. Their sport car is the Golf GTi, and possible the Golf R. Like it has always been.

Also, Volkswagen has a line of work to be more "serious", more "blend in" lines, their cars will never be "exciting" If you notice, they never were, apart from their concepts.

And the reason of that is, Volkswagen is linked to cars that are reliable and cheap, popular vehicles... they get money of sports cars with Audi and all the other brands they have under their belt. Why make a VW that fights the Cayman for example? It is not interesting in the market point of view.

Toyota in the other hand, had sports cars before, MR2, Celica, Supra, AE86... and the GT86 is just a way to bring that heritage back... in the market point of view, Volkswagen already has a rival for the GT86, which is their Golf GTi.

To sum it up about their design, someone who buys a VW, buys it because it is "boring", basically. It is like a Corolla, nobody buys a Corolla, wanting it to be a Civic Si Coupe. :lol:

1997-VW-Passat.jpg

So, this is a 1997 Passat. Very exciting. :lol:

And it's not really boring, we find it boring, but it's actually more "low profile". They are made to not call the attention of young people who like sportiveness looks, big wings and vents, like a Celica GT-Four. But that doesn't mean they're badly designed. It's actually totally inverse, Volkswagen has been great with their designs, as they are very polished and well made. Lines are constant and well thought.

It's just... not a looker. I respect and admire their work, but that doesn't mean i like how they look, they are too "serious, business and boring" to me. :lol:

Although, i absolutelly love the Volkswagen Golf VII 1.4 TSI.

vw-golf-highline-tsi-bluemotion-1378584598485_956x500.png

http://freemanualservice.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/1997-VW-Passat.jpg

So, this is a 1997 Passat. Very exciting. :lol:

And it's not really boring, we find it boring, but it's actually more "low profile". They are made to not call the attention of young people who like sportiveness looks, big wings and vents, like a Celica GT-Four. But that doesn't mean they're badly designed. It's actually totally inverse, Volkswagen has been great with their designs, as they are very polished and well made. Lines are constant and well thought.

It's just... not a looker. I respect and admire their work, but that doesn't mean i like how they look, they are too "serious, business and boring" to me. :lol:

Although, i absolutelly love the Volkswagen Golf VII 1.4 TSI.

http://imguol.com/c/entretenimento/2013/09/07/vw-golf-highline-tsi-bluemotion-1378584598485_956x500.png

It doesn't have to, but why can't VAG move forward instead of making the same damn thing over and over again? The new Passat I like a lot, but it is boring when compared to a CC. I'm not saying everything needs a GT-Four's wing, etc. They REALLY don't :p

Dear Lord, here we go again... VW is boring, blah blah, all the same, blah blah Passat. Like Opels, Peugeots and Fords are so much fun to drive and look so chic and awesome!

Yes, I know, how terrible, opinions on a public forum :p

So do i Scott, i also want many things to be different, but unfortunatelly, it's not up to us to decide. And i took a long time to understand that.

Market is always making things for us, car enthusiast, complicated. Because we are a small part of all the people who buy cars. And the majority always wins when it is about what gives more money.

So do i Scott, i also want many things to be different, but unfortunatelly, it's not up to us to decide. And i took a long time to understand that.

Market is always making things for us, car enthusiast, complicated. Because we are a small part of all the people who buy cars. And the majority always wins when it is about what gives more money.

Very true :( At least every now and then a really passionate car guy/gal gets in charge and does something interesting. Toyota only made the GT86 because Akio Toyoda took over as CEO, and that man is nuts about cars. Ex-rally driver IIRC. It's people like that (and us :p) that should be in charge >.<

200% agreed. :nods:

Actually, the GT86 surprised me in that matter, i think it's a great car, and should be used as an example by other brands... it's a matter of time to see if it will fire up the cheap sports coupe segment again, or if it will die... alone.

Edit: This hasn't been posted.

Mitsubishi GC PHEV Concept - Many photos

Discuss.