We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah it can't excite me either.

True, but the R-Design SWB Tiguan is pretty nice for a small crossover thing imo. It's not where my money would go, but I do like them.

Thread title updated Ry.

Mercedes have updated the AMG GT range:

- Every car now comes with the panamerica style grille

- Small-ish power bump for all cars

- GT S now has the option for 4 wheel steer

- New wheel designs

- New app thingymabob

- Edition 50 AMG GT unveiled:

AMG_GT_C_edition50_006-L.jpg

GT R for the sound, but definitely the GT C as pictured above for the looks. Mean, sinister, no rear wing, YES PLEASE!! And I for one definitely love that grille. It'll be a designelement that works on some cars, and works less for some other cars, but the GT shouldn't be without imo.

They've taken their time but Porsche have finally gotten around to unveiling the 911 991.2 GTS, and it's still the 911 i'd buy.

tklquw6r3w08hcxfniox.jpg

l9ktdnvzkhvl6aj6dyxh.jpg

a71ba3tvokad8ruw52mu.jpg

Images from Jalopnik - Drive Free or Die

- 450hp and 405 lb/ft of torque

- 3.0 turbocharged 6 cylinder engine

- Choice of 7 Speed Manual or PDK

- Carrera 4 GTS 0-60 in 3.6 seconds if you choose PDK

- RWD Carrera GTS has a top speed of 194mph

- You can now get a black roll bar thing on the Targa :D :D :D

The Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS Targa (bit of a mouthful) has long been my dream daily driver, these upgrades and the black roll bar thing have made me love it even more.

They've taken their time but Porsche have finally gotten around to unveiling the 911 991.2 GTS, and it's still the 911 i'd buy.

The Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS Targa (bit of a mouthful) has long been my dream daily driver, these upgrades and the black roll bar thing have made me love it even more.

The GTS is a bargain in the context of the 911 lineup. It is basically a package consisting of the power kit, SPASM, PSE, etc. which are all available to buy for the Carrera S. And if you buy them separately, the C2S gets more expensive than the GTS. The power kit is, alone, worth almost 10k euronen... The RWD GTS gets the "AWD" widebody and centerlock wheels for free, so yeah, it's the one to buy.

The GT 50 Edition is meh, but the panamericana grille is welcomed.

Never thought about it but the black targa bar really is a great addition!

Ofcourse around the year change, there are numbers of the previous years, and comparisons with the years before that. According to Reuters, after 11 years Mercedes has 'finally' overtaken BMW and is the largest premium car builder. According to CEO Zetsche, it's a reward made possible by leaving behind a period of lacking design, deficits and cost- and quality issues. And it's a reward 4 years ahead of schedule; the goal to be the largest was originally set for 2020.

Some numbers:

Mercedes 2016 sales: 2.083.888

Compared to 2015: +11,3%

AMG 2016 sales: 99.235

Compared to 2015: +44,1%

Smart 2016 sales: 144.479

Compared to 2015: +21%

BMW 2016 sales: 2.003.359

Compared to 2015: +5,2%

Audi 2016 sales: 1.871.350

Compared to 2015: +3,7%

Jaguar 2016 sales: 148.730

Compared to 2015: +77%!

Land Rover 2016 sales: 434.582

Compared to 2015: +8%

Volvo 2016 sales: 534.332

Compared to 2015: +6,2% (XC90 +125%!)

I saw it on Autoblog.nl, they got the numbers from Reuters (some international press agency). I got the exact smart and AMG numbers from the investor relations summary which is online as a PDF. The other brands is a combination of the same Reuters article, the dutch Autoblog article and Volvo's numbers by googling.

EDIT: links:

Reuters: Mercedes-Benz overtakes BMW to become largest premium carmaker

Daimler: https://www.daimler.com/documents/investors/nachrichten/kapitalmarktmeldungen/daimler-ir-release-en-20170109.pdf

Volvo: Volvo Cars’ 2016 sales hit new record

Autoblog: Strijd der Duitse Drie: wie verkocht het meest in 2016? [updated] - Autoblog.nl

Mr Softie, your Japanese correspondent here. (apparently)

The new Lexus LS:

• All-new 3.5 L twin-turbo V6 engine producing 415bhp/310kW and 600Nm of torque.
  • 10-speed automatic transmission. It is a torque converter automatic, yet with shift times that rival those of dual-clutch transmissions.
  • 0-62mph acceleration time of 4.5 seconds
  • Built on Lexus’s new global architecture for luxury vehicles, an extended version of the rear-wheel drive GA-L platform that also underpins the new LC luxury coupe.
  • The GA-L platform is the stiffest in Lexus’s history, setting the stage for improved handling, ride smoothness and cabin quietness.
  • Lexus engineers used lightweight materials, including ultra-high-tensile steel and aluminium, to carve more than 90kg from the weight of the current LS’s platform and body. (It's still a boat though, come on)

[ATTACH]27908[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27909[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27910[/ATTACH]

I quite like the front (it's not for everybody) but I think that ass is ugly. And apparently so do Lexus, since this was the best photo available...

Such weird angles and light tricks in all of those pictures, I agree with you, it's as if they knew they'd made a bit of an odd looking car.

It's got some redeeming features, that interior looks rather nice :hmmm: As with most products from Lexus as of recently, I'll wait until I see one in person until I judge it properly.

Mercedes-AMG announced the actual name of the upcoming hypercar. R50 turns out to be the internal codename while Project One seems to be the real name of the thing. Weird... I'd expect the other way around, and R50 as code only fits in the current system of Mercedes on the list of optional equipment.

mercedes-amg-project-one.jpg

And here's more Kia:

2018-kia-stinger-detroit-2017.jpg

Glad I am not interested in meaningless penis-measuring contests like 0-60 times.

But, I get it, acceleration times and torque are the only entertaining things about EVs.

I agree, the entirety of the FF 91 unveiling was all about showing off how big their penis is. But that's why i'm glad Tesla have knocked them down a peg, because as a start up they really should be focusing on other things. I don't care much about that the stats actually mean, absolutely no one would be able to tell the difference between the 0.05s.

Speaking of EVs:

Here's this awful Porsche monster, apparently a kind of Mission E production thing, with four seats and electricity.

Erlkoenig-Porsche-Mission-E-fotoshowBig-54e8ed46-1001245.jpg

And speaking of fun:

Jaguar F-Type received a mild facelift. Got new LEDs, new and lighter seats, new infotainment and new 400 Sport version. Yes, (only) 400 PS. RWD or AWD, automatic-only. That is all. Oh, and they Firesand Orange and Italian Racing Red. Very dissapointing and strange.

Jaguar-F-Type-Modelljahr-2018--fotoshowBig-ab95e493-1001096.jpg

Jaguar-F-Type-Modelljahr-2018--fotoshowBig-10f00db-1001108.jpg

Jaguar-F-Type-Modelljahr-2018--fotoshowBig-a526cdfa-1001152.jpg

Audi's RS 4 and RS 5 engine specifiactions have leaked: Porsche-developped 2.9 V6 out of the Panamera, boosted to 450 PS and 600 Nm.

2017-audi-rs4-avant-spy-photo.jpg

--- Post Updated ---

I agree, the entirety of the FF 91 unveiling was all about showing off how big their penis is. But that's why i'm glad Tesla have knocked them down a peg, because as a start up they really should be focusing on other things. I don't care much about that the stats actually mean, absolutely no one would be able to tell the difference between the 0.05s.

Oh, okay, fair enough. I don't know almost anything about Faraday's cars and presentation. I thought they've been having financial problems since last year's CES? It still looks very shady to me, but Tesla is no angel either.

Speaking of EVs:

Here's this awful Porsche monster, apparently a kind of Mission E production thing, with four seats and electricity.

https://imgr2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Erlkoenig-Porsche-Mission-E-fotoshowBig-54e8ed46-1001245.jpg

As someone who loves to criticise absolutely anything, I'm willing to give Porsche the benefit of the doubt with this until I see the production version or more completed prototype/concept. There isn't one vehicle Porsche currently produces that i'd be unhappy to be given, even the diesel Cayennes can come with quad pipes :shrug: It probably won't be a stunner but it'll be better than the GLE/C equivalents at Merc and X4 and X6 at BMW that's fo sho.

Jaguar F-Type received a mild facelift. Got new LEDs, new and lighter seats, new infotainment and new 400 Sport version. Yes, (only) 400 PS. RWD or AWD, automatic-only. That is all. Oh, and they Firesand Orange and Italian Racing Red. Very dissapointing and strange.

Why is this disappointing? Judging from all the 2016 reviews of the F-Type, the only real issue with it was the infotainment system, and that is probably the reason they have given it a mild facelift.

2.9L V6 for the RS4/5? That should be interesting, I imagine some will mourn the loss of the V8 but if they are even half as successful at giving it a nice sound as Jag were with the V6S F-Type, then we'll be fine.

Some spy shorts of the new crossover from Jaguar:

jagepace.j04.jpg?itok=H0zf_2yp

jagepace.j10.jpg?itok=PdNEOUM2

images from Auto Express | New and Used Car Reviews, News Advice

- Autoexpress claim it will be called the E-Pace, but that wouldn't be a good name for a car that isn't an EV imo.

- DVLA registration for one of the mules mentions a 2.0 diesel electric hybrid motor?

- Due to some constraints they couldn't use a shortened F-Pace chassis and have had to use the Evoque's much older chassis. Hmmmmm.

I found this article on a Dutch car site (but obviously you can't read it so I'll translate it for you)

It contains what BMW is planning for their model range. I found it very interesting

1 and 2 Series

These two get a facelift in early 2017, together with the second facelift of the 3-Series. Design wise, nothing will change, they just update their cars to stay fresh. However, the future of these is interesting. In the question whether the RWD 1-Series will die, BMW said that they might drop the current shape of the 1-Series entirely, to make an A1-rival (currently this is what the Mini Cooper is doing). The 2-Series will be split into the FWD, functional series (2 Serie Active and Grand Tourer) and the RWD series (2 Serie Coupé and Convertible). The current shape of the 1-Series will be transformed into a 2-Series, whether it will join the RWD or FWD bunch, is unknown as of yet.

If the Chinese 2-Series Sedan will be sold in Europe is unclear too, but there is a chance that it will. Confirmed is that a 2-Series Gran Coupé is coming our way.

3 and 4 Series

As said before, the 3 Series will get a facelift in 2017, while the new 3 and 4 will come in 2019. The recipe for the 3-Series won't change, sedan and Touring is what we will get from that. The 3 Series GT will be dropped, probably in favor for a new 4-Series Gran Coupé, which will fill in the hole that the current loss of the 3GT leaves open, while staying as the 4GC is now. Curious to see that working out.

5 Series

The new 5 Series is already released, obviously. However, the full engine range is not complete yet. The M550i is known, which will get the big brother M5, with all-wheel drive. The article doesn't mention an M5 Touring, so let's not count on it. The M550i will also get a Diesel brother, the M550d, as it was before. However, it will also get an M550e variant. This will be the same engine as the M550d, but with electronic engine power added.

X5 and X7

The F15 generation of the X5 isn't around for that long, however, in 2018, when the new one will come, it's 5 years old. It will be built on a completely new chassis which will also introduce the long awaited big brother of the X5: the X7.

For the new platform a lot of weight-shredding is planned, which is necessary, considering the F15 is largely based on the heavy chassis of the E70.

Z Models

The Z4 is dropped, hence BMW hasn't got any Z-models for sale at the moment. Nor are they confirming to have one production ready between now and 2020. The BMW Z5 is likely to come in 2017/18 though, this will be developed together with the new Toyota Supra, which was planned for this year. This Z5 will be a convertible, placed higher than the Z5. Of this, a Z6 Coupé variant is planned, too. There are also rumours of smaller models to match, which will be the Z3 as convertible and Z4 as coupé. The last two however, are based on a rumour, BMW hasn't said anything about them yet.

i Range

The current i-Range consists of the full electric i3 and the hybrid i8. With the hype around the i8 gone, and a potent rival, the NSX, it's time for BMW to make the i8 exciting again. And they will, with an i8 Roadster, coming in 2017/18. This will trade in it's three-cylinder engine for a four-cylinder engine.

BMW has also planned a car called iNext, a revolutionairy EV-Supersaloon which will replace the 7-Series. This won't happen before 2021, hence we don't have that much more info on it.

The article is missing some information and is in some parts incorrect. :yawn:

As soon as I read Loekie's post yesterday I was sat patiently waiting for one of y'all to come along and be condescending :p It took you 19 hours longer than I expected :toetap:

What info is it missing, what parts are incorrect?