We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

Has anyone read/watched the reviews of the new Ford GT? I'm not sure i'm a fan of it anymore :hmmm: The previous one was an amazing road car, this one seems as if it will be dreadful to drive on the road which is a shame. It does look like it will be an immense track car though, will we see it start beating other big supercars around tracks soon? I imagine so.

Do wish they'd have kept with the V8 though, I understand the V6 is better for weight/economy for a race car, but most people will be driving it on the road, for which a V8 would be much better.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BMW 8-Series concept leaked:

vkjumogvcyc8ghfcseqy.jpg

tulj2idzvwrgiln1uomb.jpg

images from http://www.jalopnik.com

It has a similar silhouette to the Maserati Granturismo imo. But where does this fit into the model range? What is the difference between this and the normal 6 series coupé? They're both 4 seaters, I can't imagine this will be any bigger than what we're used to seeing from the 6 Series Coupé as that itself was already on the large side. So is this a sportier more nimble 911 competitor? Where does that leave the next 6 series coupé then? The current one has already stopped being manufactured :hmmm:

This looks more like a Virage to me, maybe it will be some sort of supercar. As you've said, this is too similar to the six series.

Yeah this is a possibility, is it meant to be some sort of lalalala car for BMW? Considering Audi have had the R8 for a while now, and Mercedes have had the SLS and AMG GT, BMW are very late when it comes to these lalalala cars. The i8 doesn't really count as an R8 competitor imo.

Jaguar have put a 600ps 5.0 Litre V8 into it's smallest car, the XE :eek:

The XE SV Project 8:

xnx1p5hirhdonh7zhzfb.jpg

elnuuxrjmk62zoklfaqv.jpg

images from www.jalopnik.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaueNhjL9Ng

Wide-body kit, quad exhausts, rear wing (hopefully optional). This is the most powerful production jag ever, even more powerful than the F-Type SVR and XJ220 :eek: It's being properly unveiled at Goodwood very soon.

One off Rolls Royce here, commissioned a long time ago so has been a long time in the making. Yes, it isn't to everyone's tastes but I imagine the person who commissioned it will be rather happy with hit, the craftsmanship looks stunning.

rolls-royce-sweptail-open-door.jpg?itok=nSu9jtFa

rolls-royce-swepttail-rear.jpg?itok=ofg5tWaU

rolls-royce-sweptail-door_0.jpg?itok=Zm5v2dkT

images from Autocar | Car News and Car Reviews

The buyer was offered the choice of having bespoke wheels, but he opted for the more standard rims as he wanted it to look as OEM as possible, even though it is OEM anyway haha

Rolls have gone as far to say they think it is most probably the most expensive 'new' car ever purchased.

• 2 weeks later...

Microsoft have just revealed the new 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS, the most powerful 911 ever created, they got the exclusive reveal as it will be the cover car for the new Forza Motorsport 7 game, not quite a car worthy of a cover imo as much as I love 911s, but that's not a debate for this thread. All we know is it has 640hp and is RWD.

d8uxskoswfulkqtnityv.png

image from http://www.jalopnik.com

100 more hp than the Turbo and 60 more hp than the Turbo S, that's pretty decent, especially considering this is RWD, sounds like it still deserves to be nicknamed the widow-maker haha

• 3 weeks later...

The BMW M4 GTS was £120k and I imagine that's why Jag has decided to do this, this XE is quicker to 60 and has a higher top speed and is limited to 300 examples compared to the 700 for the GTS, I doubt it'll be quicker around a track but I can kinda see where they're coming from with this.

At the end of the day it isn't worth £150k to most people, but if they find 300 people who'll pay that, and it does seem as if they have/will, then they were right to price it that high.

I'm pretty sure they are all sold out. Most people buy it because they want and can. If I had the money, of course I'd buy it and park it next to my M4 GTS... The most similar thing I can do is park my Fiesta next to an MGF Roadster or a Porsche Boxster on the parking lot =(

• 1 month later...

This really caught my eye yesterday, it's not as if Infiniti have a long history, they weren't around when these cars were being produced, but ignoring that this concept is stunning and I hope they make a few non-road legal models for people to collect:

infiniti-prototype-9-12-aug-2017-3.jpg?itok=rk3PaxT-

infiniti-prototype-9-12-aug-2017-1.jpg?itok=4wPLzKnR

infiniti-prototype-9-12-aug-2017-9.jpg?itok=WIwAdcqI

images from Auto Express | New and Used Car Reviews, News Advice

It has an electric 148bhp powertrain, which is decent considering the size and weight of the thing. It'll be formally unveiled at Pebble Beach.

Although I doubt they'd actually race them due to safety concerns, it'd be amazing if other manufacturers made a similar vehicle and tried to put their own corporate branding stamp on the fairly minimalist design like Infiniti have done.

2017 Mercedes Silver Arrow version pretty pretty please.

Which makes sense really, they've always been slow/glacial at updating the RR line due to the price of the vehicles, you don't want to pay upwards of half a million pounds on what is supposedly the pinnacle of automotive engineering, for your purchase to then be out of date the week after.