We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

Hey,

I think a lot of think 'Ooooh, that's quite an important car release, people will have an opinion on that!' but then 'cba making a new thread/is it worthy of its own thread?' so I think one thread for everything* might be a good idea!

*If it's something you think will get a lot of discussion going feel more than free to make its own thread of course! :duck:

---------------------------------------

2016 Ford Focus RS:

o6qfhkrtk4dwlqf9wmip.jpg

kvzun81g9bbaj4eakbmm.jpg

xyuhby1rkye8qclx44xp.jpg

Stats:

- 320bhp 2.3 litre Engine

- AWD front engined,]

- 320+ lbs/ft of torque with torque vectoring.

- No 0-60/top speed stats as of yet.

Ferrari 488 GTB:

m0uwiaivxfxb1nqfaxfi.jpg

rkjromsyfhayxlhda4k6.jpg

o5ilg9391iyw3ylsvmbl.jpg

Stats:

- 660 horsepower 3.8 Turbocharged engine

- 0-60 in 3.0 seconds

- weights 45 lbs less than the 458

DISCUSS! :evil:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: The comparision with the Ferrari.

I like the mechanical part of the Focus, it's finally awd, but as i said in the chatbox, i think they could've done a few bits differently. It lacks refinament on details, not so dramatic as the Ford GT, but it suffers from the same problem. :lol:

And the Ferrari is cool, i like it. Not so keen about the vent in the middle of the rear though.

I still can hardly accept the Turbocharged era. But I'm gonna try to forget it.

Focus RS looks fab ! Great design ! I just don't like the steering wheel who reminds me the 2015 Ford GT Concept :lol: 5 doors, woaw ! It's practical. I'm sure it's gonna be a huge success in the future. :)

The 458... HUM ! Pardon me 488 looks a lot better than the mighty 458. Lines are round and soft and we can clearly see it's inspired from the LF. It looks proper Ferrari. Performance figures are very impressive. Hopefully the engine sound is gonna be a good one. California T did sound good and I know both of these cars share the same 3.9 Turbocharged V8. Looking for Chris Harris review :D

I'm liking the RS. Fast, practical, affordable and apart from the grille it looks great. I'd want one.

The Ferrari is as boring as ever. :yawn: Somehow I just can't be bothered with them. Plus they are - in my opinion - some of the ugliest things on the roads these days. The 488 has at least been improved over the 458 in that matter. It looks fine up until the windshield, but the rear is still complete naff in my mind.

I still can hardly accept the Turbocharged era. But I'm gonna try to forget it.

I think listening to both the Pagani Huayra got me over any anti-turbo car feelings I had, it sounds amazing, though not every turbo will be attached to a monstrous AMG V12 engine. The turbo spooling noise is :eek:

I agree with you andai, the 458's front bumper was my main issue with it though and they've improved it but it's still not stunning. Same with the 458 Speciale, it's BETTER but still not pretty.

The new Focus RS is like a redesign of the Impreza hatch with added Liquify filter on the back. As for the Ferrari, I'm not sure I dig it, yes it has traces of the 458 and the side profile does put me in mind of the gloriously beautiful 355, but there's just something off about the front that I can't quite put my finger on.

The Focus would look even better with wider arches, but still, finally a nice Mk3 Focus... Glad they kept the Mk2 diffuser and exhaust, too. As for AWD, well, I'm glad it's got it as it'd be struggling with putting that power to ground although there were more powerful hot-hatches in the past. Of course, five cylinders is five cylinders and nothing beats that engine in the sound department. Hopefully Ken Block has helped Ford with tuning the AWD system to be a little bit more oversteer-y.

Ferrari has done a great job on the design. I love the rear end how it's clean. Didn't like the 458 Italia much, it was kinda meh in my eyes, but then came the Speciale which was miles better and this new one is, like, even more miles better.

I guess it's time say goodbye to good old naturally aspirated engines. :cry:

I think listening to both the Pagani Huayra got me over any anti-turbo car feelings I had, it sounds amazing, though not every turbo will be attached to a monstrous AMG V12 engine. The turbo spooling noise is :eek:.

Oh yea the Huayra :D Na that one is a great exception. Pagani and AMG have done a fantastic job. I really like when manufacturer spend lots of time working on sound engines. :)

But it will never beat the NA 6.0 AMG of the Zonda R and the 7.3 AMG of the other Road going Zondas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKEDyYCE7yQ

Yea Milli, You've just resume the sound :lol:

I think today is a good day, because there's another car for enthusiasts that has just been revealed:

Porsche Cayman GT4:

alp_7997.jpg?itok=ea4jRdmV

gallery_nrm_1423005494-p15_0064.jpg

Stats:

Carrera S engine

GT3 suspension components

Le manuél transmission only

4.4 secs

183 mph

7:40 Ring time

Porsche Cayman GT4 preview - specifications, pictures, pricing and more | Evo

Well done, Porsche, well done. :clap:

It'd me amazing if that wing was retractable :( It's just so THERE, I completely understand why it is as it's the hardcore version but I can't bring myself to like that kind of wing on a car that will still most likely be used more than just a weekend car for the people that buy it.

Still love the car tbh, at least the wing is mostly body-coloured. Always loved this era cayman/boxter.

To summarise:

Ferrari - Epic power, looks great other than the nose, which just looks wrong somehow, especially compared with the 458.

Ford - Would look better if the base car actually looked half decent, but epic power and AWD is a welcome.

Porsche - Tacky as hell wing, but otherwise pretty cool.

Done

Well, Mike, the active aero adds some kilos and that's the last thing you want to do with these cars, but of course I know what you mean and definitely would never put that wing on a standard Cayman. It's like the SportDesign rear wing on the 997-gen 911. Too much F&F/trackdaybrostuff for a street car.

Porsche def nailed it with the GT4. The chassis of this generation is magnificent and with GT3 components, aero and 991 powertrain it is going to be a hell of a ride.

And no, I'm not a fan boy. :para:

Well, Mike, the active aero adds some kilos and that's the last thing you want to do with these cars, but of course I know what you mean and definitely would never put that wing on a standard Cayman. It's like the SportDesign rear wing on the 997-gen 911. Too much F&F/trackdaybrostuff for a street car.

Yeah I understand completely why it's not active aero, but I think it's the equivalent to someone buying a ford raptor f150 thing, looks purposeful and will be great offroad but for the most part it won't be used for that and will look OTT most of the time.

It's why i'd have the Turbo over a GT3, or a cayman GTS over this GT4.