We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joining Mike as far as the GT R concerned. Still not blown away by the looks. Sound is great but not a dealmaker if I'd ever have the money for it. And if the earlier leaks were true, this super hardcore AMG GT with weight reductions and a tuned engine still accelerates slower to 100 than an upcoming 4WD E-Class... :lol:

Higher quality pics and more info on the Panamera:

e7jpzwzygr6d4x9vaoty.png

gmkj5jt8ys8he7kmqk4j.png

wmhs9ckm9eitpu9gixrj.jpg

lk16mnxk6blgbvm7jb85.jpg

nxjhkp1pz841domx6217.gif

Images from Jalopnik - Drive Free or Die

Stats on the new Turbo S:

- 4.0 liter twin-turbocharged V8

- 550 horsepower

- 567 ft lbs torque

- 0-60 in 3.4 seconds

I think this has just concreted Porsche's dominance as the king, the ugly rear on the past Panamera had always tainted my view of Porsche but jesus christ this is stunning. I know people love the sound and feel of a V12, but seriously, who would go to Aston Martin and get a Rapide over this? They need to immediately stop selling that thing as it's embarrassing.

Citroen have done a Citroen. Here is a reminder of what the old C3 looked like in case you've forgotten, this is a fairly big redesign.

cl-16.058.019.jpg?itok=F51rg4k-

cl-16.058.025.jpg?itok=bRY_Yptc

cl-16.061.005.jpg?itok=ICYSJ6-i

cl-16.061.035.jpg?itok=lwknePAX

No it's by no means an attractive looking car, in fact it might be quite offensive looking to some and I'd understand why. But I still think it's a huge improvement over the old one, and I can't help but be happier cars like this exist on the road? :p Who'd want the past C3 over a German equivalent? By making it funky it moves into its own market demographic.

Citroen are one to keep an eye on, as they are planning on bringing back hydropneumatic suspension! :D

The ride on cars fitted with that is just fantastic, even in a shonky 16 year old Xantia!

Mix that with there crazy styling of late, I'm happy to say I think Citroen have there mojo back. Now just make a big saloon in the footsteps of the C6, CX and original DS!

-

The new Panamera is quite simply, sexy.

Had a love/hate relation with the old car, could't make my mind up if I liked the way it looked or not thanks to the rear end of it, but after time I grew to like it. (Being in the right colour really helps!.)

This new one is just spot on for me though, and can't wait to see how bonkers the Turbo & GTS models will be!

bringing back hydropneumatic suspension[/url]! :D

The ride on cars fitted with that is just fantastic, even in a shonky 16 year old Xantia!

Mix that with there crazy styling of late, I'm happy to say I think Citroen have there mojo back. Now just make a big saloon in the footsteps of the C6, CX and original DS!

Not sure you're going to get the C6 you want, they've only just released this bland box of a C6 for China:

ext2.jpg?itok=s3M3jBLC

can't wait to see how bonkers the Turbo will be!

The Turbo was in my post? :p with its specs etc.

The rear of the new Panamera is a vast improvement over the first-gen but it's still got that side profile that I still believe is a love/hate thing.

The new Citroen looks sharp, as it should being the demo its aimed at. I only wish they had carried the light design of the front into the rear in some way. And they've done this redesign very well, as it now appeals to more ages than what its predecessor did imo.

That C6 looks like a decidedly average mid-level VW sedan. It would blend well with all the other traffic on the road, if Citroen had a market in the US, but I can't imagine turning my head for a second look.

The Panamera is getting progressively better with each new model, I think, but the concept of the 4-door Porsche has yet to really sway me so far as saying that I like / aspire to own one. Don't get me wrong, they look great, but there's just something about them that I'm not sold on. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Ah really? I think the idea of a 4 door Porsche is great. They've proven they can put class-leading driving dynamics in larger vehicles, and the interiors are out of this world. So having a practical and thankfully now good looking Panamera is great.

If I were to talk into a Porsche dealership tomorrow I think i'd be ordering a Panamera, but I'd probably wait until a GTS model is released.

...but seriously, who would go to Aston Martin and get a Rapide over this? They need to immediately stop selling that thing as it's embarrassing.

The type of person who doesn't care about being .498662 of a second faster to 60.

This new Panamera does look better than the older one, but the Rapide is just gorgeous. Who would take a 4,500 lb sedan to the track? If you can afford a Rapide, it's probably your 3rd or 4th car in the stable and not being used to double as your sports car and family car.

The Panamera is for someone who cares more about performance than style, or can't have both a sedan and sports car for whatever reason.

Ah really? I think the idea of a 4 door Porsche is great. They've proven they can put class-leading driving dynamics in larger vehicles, and the interiors are out of this world. So having a practical and thankfully now good looking Panamera is great.

If I were to talk into a Porsche dealership tomorrow I think i'd be ordering a Panamera, but I'd probably wait until a GTS model is released.

It's a great idea, conceptually. I just feel like I'm the kind of guy that would only ever get a 2-door sports car, as that's the more traditional configuration. 4-door sports cars are amazing for when you want to have more than 2 people screaming around a track, but with a 2-door / 2-seater, you can be sure there's absolutely no compromises to performance being made for the sake of extra capacity.

Not taking into question the merits of the Panamera and its variants. Really just boils down to the above personal preference.

Would definitely 10/10 avoid getting a Panamera, just like the outgoing gen I only like the inside, but from the outside I really really don't like it. The rear end did improve a lot though.

Dunno if this was posted earlier, but in 2015 Chevrolet went outside with the first prototypes of the next gen Corvette which is said to become mid-engine. Those early prototypes were disguised as Holden Ute's:

2017-Mid-Engined-Chevrolet-Corvette-1011-876x535.jpg

2017-Mid-Engined-Chevrolet-Corvette-1151-876x535.jpg

The ''news'' bit here is that Corvette has now actually tried to make it look like a Corvette. Ofcourse it's gonna be nice to see it go head to head with the Ford GT, though currently it is believed to be introduced in Detroit in January 2018.

chevrolet_100557331_m.jpg

2019-chevrolet-corvette-c8-mid-engine-car-spy-shots_100557327_l.jpg

2019-chevrolet-corvette-c8-mid-engine-car-spy-shots_100557329_l.jpg