We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

I wonder if Jaguar are regretting not going through with the CX-75 now that all these cray cars are being developed.
Not sure how the numbers are in the UK, but here in the Netherlands, Jaguars are very rare. It's basically a Dutch mindset: every German manufacturer has a better one (mainly Audi, BMW and Merc ofcourse. They just prefer the A4, C-Class, even the Giulia over the XE). Which is a shame, because I saw an F-Pace the other day (metallic blue, 20' silver rims) and I LOVED it. As much as I love the looks of the Range Rover, the F-Pace looks beast. If I had the choice of an SUV based on what I hear and know, the F-Pace would definitely be the first choice (which also has to do with the fact that I hate the Q5, the X3 is ugly and the GLC is nice but more expensive). As much as I have hope for Jaguar, I don't think if Europe thinks the way NL thinks, that they will sell a lot. I do have a weak spot for any British car, but it seems like they're not worth it here. For every price range in which Brits are delivered, there's a German car that does the same but better and for the same money.

The point: when the C-X75 was developed, IIRC they only had the XK, XF (Sportbrake) and the XJ. Basically, if your gamma consists of three cars, that through "bias" aren't even popular in most countries, you don't have the money or chances to add a supercar to your collection.

With the nice XE, the still good XF, the F-Pace, the well selling F-Type and the XJ (which definitely needs an update though) I think Jaguar has a gamma with which they can actually make it to have some money to spare to spend on nice things. Reviving project C-X75 doesn't seem like a bad idea to me :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me, being an enthusiast to see such cars in these modern businessbusinessbusinesscase times, would still want to see that CX75 being produced. Small numbers of production then, extreme price tag then, there's always 2 people in the world who'll buy it. It's an image-booster you can always use.

Just read something on Autocar about the Merc hypercar... supposedly delivered within the next two years at 3,5 million euros each, and a full Mercedes-AMG developed product. Engine completely taken over from the F1 car including energy recovering systems.

Really getting curious about this thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Ford run the risk of doing a 2016 Acura NSX type release here. I'm almost bored of the car before deliveries have actually begun? The same happened with the NSX.

Obviously if I had ordered one it wouldn't be the same, but as a not so affluent car fan I can't help but feel they've prolonged the process, perhaps not in actual length of time but more with the amount of access car journalists and therefore us through that proxy have been given during this time. We have:

- read all about the car when it was first unveiled

- read all about how people get on the order list

- read all about how people haven't gotten on that list

- read all about journalists who have access to prototypes

- read all about the GT's race version's performance at Le Mans and the World Endurance Championships

- read all about journalists who now seem to have access to production versions?

:yawn:

It's all a bit tedious now. I look forward to seeing people drive and review it without the Ferrari-esque watchful and controlling gaze (Ford trying to be Ferrari and coming up with a car called the GT, who could have thought of such a crazy idea?!

AMG GT Coupe

AMG GT S Coupe

AMG GT R Coupe

AMG GT Roadster

AMG GT C Roadster

AMG GT3 racecar

AMG GT4 racecar

That's the current AMG GT range, but it's not enough because there's going to be an AMG GT C Coupe and a Black Series too... Well then. Also, Sport Auto has driven an AMG GT R around the Nordschleife, it took their driver 7:11 while they drove a 918 Spyder earlier to 7:13. And to end the Merc bit, have a video of the new E63 doing 0-250 km/h.

Bonus: Lexus LC 500 :nods:

2018-lexus-lc-500-first-drive.jpg

LED. They use irregular Lambert reflectors to create a look that they call Stardust. They get fitted to the vehicle if it has been ordered with the high-performance LED headlights or the Multibeam LED headlights.

917017_974427892636155_1135494053_n-jpg.359372

2016-w213-mercedes-e-class-taillights-revealed-allegedly-adapts-to-ambient-light_3-jpg.359370

Here's the leaked brochure of the E-Coupe. The license plate stands for:

S: Stuttgart

EC: E-Coupe

238: C238, the vehicle code for the E-Coupe, similar to BMW's E/F/G codes.

e-coupe-2017-10004.jpg

e-coupe-2017-10006.jpg

e-coupe-2017-10007.jpg

@Mike the other side of it is it offers a beautiful sleek coupe for those who can't afford.. well, the new E Coupe. I like it.

Those people would usually get the C Coupe then? Or an A5. :shrug:

I wonder if Vauxhall is bringing any new engine tech with the new Insignia? The current diesels sound like old huge taxis and they will really detract from the stylish sleek modern design of that Insignia.

Those people would usually get the C Coupe then? Or an A5. :shrug:

I wonder if Vauxhall is bringing any new engine tech with the new Insignia? The current diesels sound like old huge taxis and they will really detract from the stylish sleek modern design of that Insignia.

Well I would assume this would cost less than the C, the C is still a luxury mark marque.