We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

Second facelift of the F30 3 Series is BS. I hope they rather meant the F32/33 4 Series and F8x M3/M4. That is happening in 2017.

Also, there is gonna be a new M4 variant - CS or Clubsport. Something in between the M4 CP and GTS.

The (M)2 Series LCI is in July 2017, not "early 2017". Also, M2 CS/Competition is a thing. S55 engine out of the M4.

5 GT and X3 are out of production in Summer 2017. M versions of the next-gen X3 M and X4 are in the pipeline.

X2 and 8 Series are coming.

Some new version of the i3 is in the works. i8 LCI, too.

Never read anything about the M550e. Sounds like someone's wet dream.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it won't be a popular opinion but I'd have liked to have seen sportier X1s, I think the F48 is a decent looking car. They'd let you get an xDrive35i when it was undesirable and fugly, but as soon as they make it worth having they remove any decent engine options. I don't necessarily mean an X1M, though I would like to see what that would look like haha

I know it won't be a popular opinion but I'd have liked to have seen sportier X1s, I think the F48 is a decent looking car. They'd let you get an xDrive35i when it was undesirable and fugly, but as soon as they make it worth having they remove any decent engine options. I don't necessarily mean an X1M, though I would like to see what that would look like haha

Maybe some M Performance version will come as part of the LCI update. I don't know. The X1 25i has already 230 PS, I think that is enough for what it is, though. A six pot doesn't fit in the car either because it's a FWD UKL platform.

Hell, I don't think many people are buying even the 25i. X3/X5 buyers are more likely to pay premium for M versions imho.

Oh and by the way, the 2er AT/GT is the best selling BMW of 2016 in Germany...

Second facelift of the F30 3 Series is BS. I hope they rather meant the F32/33 4 Series and F8x M3/M4. That is happening in 2017.

Also, there is gonna be a new M4 variant - CS or Clubsport. Something in between the M4 CP and GTS.

The (M)2 Series LCI is in July 2017, not "early 2017". Also, M2 CS/Competition is a thing. S55 engine out of the M4.

5 GT and X3 are out of production in Summer 2017. M versions of the next-gen X3 M and X4 are in the pipeline.

X2 and 8 Series are coming.

Some new version of the i3 is in the works. i8 LCI, too.

Never read anything about the M550e. Sounds like someone's wet dream.

Credible sources???

That's the same I thought when I saw the pics. Maybe how the roof gets ticker from the windows as it goes further back, but that already starts in the roof itself. Usually it's only the C-pillars. I also think a flatter roof like the A5 might have worked a bit better:

Audi_A5_DTM_2012_05.jpg

I wondered if this would compete with BMW's and the SLS/AMG-GT3's in races like the ADAC 24h, but according to Lexus we're not going to see it here:

In the U.S., the vehicle will compete in the GTD category of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship series under 3GT Racing, and in Japan, it will compete in the GT300 class of the SUPER GT series under LMcorsa.

EDIT: not so much actual confirmed news yet, but it seems Mini (and therefor the Dutch VDL factory that builds them) are trying to get awarded the build of new police vehicles for the Dutch police. They are looking to replacing a large part of the fleet including a bunch of VW Tourans. If awarded, around 2300 units will be built and they should look a bit like this:

VP_Mini_-_CCI_NewsDirector

EDIT 2: well this was a bit unexpected: the G-Class seems to be getting the massive digital cockpit from the E.

3u9ytnubkocx.jpg

I think they've tried to give it a more mature face, to try and steal sales from the A5 etc, but I'm not sure it's worked.

Did Ford offer the 2016 GT with a 1990's useless ricer wing like the one on the 2017 model?

es6d0noei6jlgvngqk8x.png

--- Post Updated ---

G500_008-L.jpg

Image from PistonHeads | Cars for Sale | Car News | Motoring Forum

Well what's this then? Is it another special crazy expensive G wagon like the 6x6 or the squared ones, or is this going to be a sub £120k pickup?

I don't like the Mustang. Too much attempt at making it look a bit more sleek with a low nose, imo a Mustang should be a bit in-your-face with a big front-end. Now the grille's way too wide and the lights are too small. Also don't like the inside, it looks a bit cheap.

2018-ford-mustang.jpg

ford-mustang-2018.jpg

ford-mustang-2018.jpg

That Merc seems to be a less crazy special than the 6x6. The 6x6 spawned a 2-axle little brother called the 4x4², and perhaps 6x6 production has stopped, leading customers to ask MB for a real Mercedes pickup truck based on the ever-lasting G-Class.

I don't like the Mustang. Too much attempt at making it look a bit more sleek with a low nose, imo a Mustang should be a bit in-your-face with a big front-end. Now the grille's way too wide and the lights are too small. Also don't like the inside, it looks a bit cheap.

That Merc seems to be a less crazy special than the 6x6. The 6x6 spawned a 2-axle little brother called the 4x4², and perhaps 6x6 production has stopped, leading customers to ask MB for a real Mercedes pickup truck based on the ever-lasting G-Class.

I've gotten used to the mustang update now, and I actually rather like it, it looks pretty good from the outside. The inside is a bit in your face, if the materials are good then it's fine but it does look like they wouldn't be good quality for some reason. It looks like it's easy to navigate etc though, all big clunky controls :hmmm:

And yeah the Merc seems a bit more tame than the 6x6, but look at that wheelbase :eek: It's a bit long if it's just a normal G class.

Ye, roughly that. If I look around a bit more, it almost seems like a hybrid between 3 cars. The G500 4x4², the Binz G XL and the Brabus G500 XXL. The 4x4² is an official MB vehicle. Binz modifies cars (mostly Mercs) to police vehicles, hearses, and armoured vehicles. Brabus needs no explanation I guess: a restorator/tuner.

2015-mercedes-benz-g500-4x4-2.jpg

BINZ_G-Modell_004.JPG

brabus-g500-xxl-pickup-truck-is-very-large-wide-and-cool-photo-gallery-97190-7.jpg

Opel announced that the Mokka X will get a bigger brother, it's called Crossland X.

The Mokka X is based on the Corsa, but more of a crossover-brother of the Meriva. Same happens with the Crossland, based on the Astra, alternative to the Zafira.

[ATTACH]27935[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27936[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27937[/ATTACH]

That Opel looks really nice. Definitely wouldn't mind being seen in that.

I saw those pics of Linkin Park at the center... ye maybe the R50, or at least one of its design studies (one of perhaps a dozen made which we'll never see). However, for some reason it doesn't feel like the actually chosen design, I have the feeling the greenhouse is too far back compared to the first teaser shot of the side view.

They better bring back the monoblade wiper on that thing...

EDIT: more news on the Kia Stinger: Kia confirmed the vehicle will debute for the European market in Q4 2017 with pricing announced around that time. Europe will get 3 engines to choose from: a 2,2-liter 197 hp 440 Nm diesel engine, a 2,0-liter 252 hp 353 Nm petrol engine and the top-spec 3,3-liter 370 hp 510 Nm V6

That Opel looks really nice. Definitely wouldn't mind being seen in that.

EDIT: more news on the Kia Stinger: Kia confirmed the vehicle will debute for the European market in Q4 2017 with pricing announced around that time. Europe will get 3 engines to choose from: a 2,2-liter 197 hp 440 Nm diesel engine, a 2,0-liter 252 hp 353 Nm petrol engine and the top-spec 3,3-liter 370 hp 510 Nm V6

I'm not that big a fan of that Vauxhall Crossland tbh, but it is miles better than the Meriva and previous products put out by the company so I shouldn't complain, It might look better in person.

As for the Kia, if the base engine has 197hp then wow that's pretty decent, obvioulsy the one to have is the V6 but it just means every Stinger will be fairly fast. Not bad.