We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

Mystery of the new G-Class raised-edition can be closed: it's the Mercedes-Maybach G650 Landaulet. Landaulet is a term/name used for cars which have a convertible roof for rear occupants but a fixed roof and closed cockpit for the driver and front passenger. They did the trick before, and properly, on the Maybach 62.

This car just shows Merc has no clue what to do anymore. G-Class and Maybach don't go together in so many areas, even less than Mercedes and supercar. Why make a convertible of a ladderchassis car with awful amounds of windnoise, uncomfortable driving behavior and old styling? It's getting more and more difficult to stay a fan of Zetsche, Wagener und Co. They express themselves for A, but they do B instead. But nvm it I guess, I'm sure this will bring in all that cash, prestige and new customers over there on the sandfarms.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as i'm kind of impressed at MB for releasing such crazy cars, this one kind of takes it too far. In most markets I feel this just wouldn't work, the rear passengers are just too exposed and in such an attention seeking vehicle this exposure might have bad consequences (unwanted pictures, things thrown into the back etc), though I don't think these would be an issue in Dubai, where this will be popular.

Those are the best choice to buy because they're like Golf III's: finding the stock one it started with is a challenge even for Wayne Carini and that means $$$ later on.

EDIT: It's 'finally' time: Lamborghini is expanding their factory to start producing the first pre-production Urus cars beginning in April. The CEO has announced to bring out more news of the car in the upcoming weeks, making a public debute of the production version realistic for Geneva in March. One of the versions of the Urus will be a plug-in hybrid.

Lamborghini Urus SUV production to start in April

The cars Lamborghini has designed and the prototypes they've unveiled... and the Urus is the one they actually put into production. Yes, of course it is the Cayenne-syndrome, we need the high selling SUV and its profit margins for the other cars to be feasible, especially in a post dieselgate VW empire.

But what was their excuse before dieselgate? :shrug: I think the Lamborghini Estoque is up there as one of the concept cars I wish was put into production the most.

Here it is, first road-going test vehicle of the Urus. And I'm a broken record again, I'm not sure about what they've done. Especially the rear end, imo it looks odd and not as cool as the concept. It looks like a regular SUV but with a very tall rear-end bodywork, mainly because it seems the roadgoing one will lack the much-rising diffusorplate at the rear, meaning more metal going further to the road than on the concept. I'm getting instant Evoque and SsangYong feelings here. Also I'd prefer the clean roof without roofrails but I guess it's a salesmen ''customer profile'' thing that everybody with a car like this will automatically fit it with a roofbox or something.

Let's end it nicely: I'll still be following its news, pictures and await the reveal.

2018-lamborghini-urus-spy-photo.jpg

2012-310488-lamborghini-urus-concept1.jpg

Maybe they could have gotten away with the concept's diffusor plate thing if they wouldn't build more than 3500 of it I believe, there are exemptions regarding car design, protruding thin edges and their finishes. But ye, nobody decides to throw their image out of the window with an SUV if they won't try and sell as many as possible.

New subject btw, totally not SUV related because it is illegal to call it an SUV and most likely bus companies and house movers are in line to buy it.... Here's the new Rolls Royce:

2019-rolls-royce-cullinan-spy-photo.jpg

2019-rolls-royce-cullinan-spy-photo.jpg

I'm really looking forward to the new Rolls, we haven't had a brand new rolls with new rolls tech/interior for a while so I'm looking forward to seeing where they're taking the brand. It won't be a good looking car by any stretch of the imagination, but it'll be a gigantic SUV with suicide doors (ON AN SUV!?) and the rolls grille, definitely something to behold.

On a different topic:

Harry Metcalfe on Twitter:

Refreshed F12 on the cards, 800+bhp? From a N/A V12, that's cray cray.

The rear didn't show that big a difference to the concept (other than that extended rear bumper), most of the lines and light placement etc tended to be very similar. There's a lot less focus on the rear arches, they look less 'muscular' and it's starting to all look a bit BMW X6.

The front has more noticeable differences, and from the camo shot these changes don't seem to be improvements, but I'll withhold condemning the Urus until it's actually revealed:

lamborghini_urus_1.jpg?itok=41LKMs2m

Urusfront.jpg

2018-toyota-supra-brochure-not-confirmed.jpg

One of the pages of the brochure spills the beans about the technical specifications, such as the Supra’s dimensions: 4380 mm (172 inches) long, 1830 mm (72 inches) wide, 1280 mm (50 inches) tall, and with a wheelbase stretching at 2470 mm (97 inches). Depending on version, the new Supra will weigh between 1,350 and 1,430 kilograms (2,976 and 3,152 pounds) and will be available with 18- and 19-inch alloy wheels.

The entry-level version is going to be powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter gasoline engine delivering 192 horsepower (143 kilowatts) and 320 Newton-meters (236 pound-feet) of torque. A stronger configuration of the same mill will up the power ante to 252 hp (188 kW) and 400 Nm (295 lb-ft). As for the range-topping model, it will use a larger six-cylinder 3.0-liter engine pushing out a healthy 340 hp (253 kW) and 450 Nm (332 lb-ft).

Good to see Toyota aren't making the same mistake they made with that god awful FR-S, 340hp sounds rather decent.

That headlight looks very very similar to that on the FT-1 Concept, so hopefully the rest of it looks similar too, the FT-1 was rather stunning. That said, it was unveiled in 2014 and they said it had taken 2 years to get make it. If it's a 2018 car then it'll have taken 6 years to reach the dealerships, let's hope it's worth the wait, my expectations are higher.

I am so freakin' excited right now. I'VE WAITED YEARS.

:woohoo:

--- Post Updated ---

[update] As pointed out by one of our readers, the attached "brochure" is a supplement to Japanese magazine Holiday Auto and as such it doesn't actually come straight from Toyota.

God damn it.

Ah well, we'll just have to wait until October(?).

Porsche Center Brisbane has leaked the Cayman will get a GT4 RS limited edition:

‘Due to high demand, a GT4 RS is on it’s way – with more power and a 4.0L flat-six engine, this limited model will turn heads.’

In the mean time, PSA has confirmed negotiations have started on taking over Opel from GM, which imo is a good thing because GM has no clue what to do with Opel.... other than rebadge it 6 times across the globe.

And this is the open-top Pagani exotic-wind:

Pagani-Huayra-Roadster-gelekt-blauw-02.jpg

Pagani-Huayra-Roadster-gelekt-blauw-05.jpg

Pagani-Huayra-Roadster-gelekt-blauw-03.jpg