We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Bit unnecessary but that's exactly what you want on a supercar :nods: Nice.

Here are shots of the new RR Velar:

land-rover-range-rover-velar-leaked-photos-1.jpg?itok=EfGLgcsR

land-rover-range-rover-velar-leaked-photos.jpg?itok=JHaEyY3b

land-rover-range-rover-velar-leaked-photos-4.jpg?itok=22Y5WMea

Image from Auto Express | New and Used Car Reviews, News Advice

So this is Range Rover's F-Pace, bigger than the Evoque but smaller than the RR Sport. I think i'd take it over either.

--- Post Updated ---

:panic:

This looks amazing. Bloomberg have accidentally broken the embargo on the new 720s not due to be broken until next week.

y38odp3.jpg

It looks properly special from this angle. I'm unsure i'll like the front headlights but I don't think they'll be enough to ruin the car for me.

Mike posted about this car one page ago, :lol: but the interior photo just don't do justice.

range-rover-velar-dashboard_827x510_71488407638.jpg

This is one of the best interior designs i've seen in a while. It's simple, clean, yet refined and raised the "luxury" bar. Imo.

Mike posted about this car one page ago, :lol: but the interior photo just don't do justice.

https://i.ndtvimg.com/i/2017-03/range-rover-velar-dashboard_827x510_71488407638.jpg

This is one of the best interior designs i've seen in a while. It's simple, clean, yet refined and raised the "luxury" bar. Imo.

Agreed. The physical switches on the touchscreen are a fantastic idea, very similar to the way people have physical dials on digital speedometers in some cars. The combination of digital and physical is much better as you then avoid the tacky awfulness that is the interior of any Tesla. I've been very underwhelmed by the interior design of Land Rovers and Range Rovers recently, although the build quality is top notch I just think they've lagged behind in updating anything, this is a huge step in the right direction.

The thing about the Velar is that no one has used the word concept and that it is meant to go on sale this summer, so I presume everything we've seen (including the inset door handles) will be going on the final production version, fingers crossed.

Yeah, the switches on touchscreen is really something. Loving it aswell. Even though i dislike SUV's, the Velar takes my attention by it's extremelly well made design. Exterior and interior. That is a SUV i wouldn't mind owning. And for me, that's a first. :lol:

Well done Land Rover, well done.

Coxinha%20Nerd_ba62e0edc60fc15714cb4a8c652d8ade.gif

Big post, lots to discuss (i hope :toetap:)

[headline]Mclaren 720S:[/headline]

p14-front-3_4.jpg?itok=zPajYoZo

p14-rear-3_4.jpg?itok=H6eqtTFR

p14-interior-pov-screen-down.jpg?itok=82haQOTy

p14-rear-3_4-high-doors-up-red.jpg?itok=IfxjW4ZI

Images from Auto Express | New and Used Car Reviews, News Advice

• 4.0 Litre Twin Turbocharged V8
  • Now produces 720hp
  • 568lb ft of torque
  • 0-60 in 2.8 seconds, 0-124 in 7.8 seconds
  • 212mph top speed
  • All 400 Launch Edition models have been sold
  • 30% more downforce
  • 10% less emissions (yawn)

[headline]New Alpine A110[/headline]

vjs6xyjyby67qoyhzllh.jpg

etpjlyfqhgj0qxol9jzs.jpg

novicnaexhk1uvrfpy7l.jpg

Images from Jalopnik - Drive Free or Die

• 252hp, 236 lb-ft of torque
  • 1.8l 4 cylinder turbo
  • 1080 kg weight (2381 lbs)
  • Automatic transmission only
  • €58,500 in France, 5000 cheaper than an Alfa 4C

[headline]Mercedes-AMG GT Concept[/headline]

amg-gt4-2017-web-0452.jpg?itok=cHCDf209

amg-gt4-2017-web-0453.jpg?itok=fg2I4OGH

amg-gt4-2017-web-0467.jpg?itok=tE2O4XzJ

Images from Autocar | Car News and Car Reviews

• 805 bhp hybrid powertrain
  • Will be produced in 2019

[headline]Aston Martin Rapide AMR and Vantage AMR Pro[/headline]

aston-perf2-0522.jpg?itok=K9YN3Fqc

aston-perf2-0521.jpg?itok=ylreOCZ0

az8x8505.jpg?itok=1UEysvJG

az8x8507.jpg?itok=FQer9xtf

Images from Autocar | Car News and Car Reviews

• New hardcore sub-brand, AMR being road legal, AMR Pro being track only
  • Rapide AMR has the 592 bhp V12 from the Vantage GT12, new quad exhausts
  • Rapide AMR will now reach 210mph, only 210 will be made
  • Vantage AMR Pro has the 500bhp V8 from the Vantage GT4
  • Vantage AMR Pro has race-spec adjustable everything

[headline]Porsche 911 991.2 GT3[/headline]

ea525z874jg9smyxpujd.jpg

gu3obevecb5fgo6lwvqb.jpg

qpmsbbbd4hn5vgq76hza.jpg

Image from Jalopnik - Drive Free or Die

• Now has the option of a 6 speed manual gearbox
  • Naturally aspirated 4.0 flat six
  • 500hp and 339lb-ft of torque
  • 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, top speed is 198mph

--- Post Updated ---

[headline]Bentley EXP 12 Speed 6e[/headline]

c6tpmwxxeaaaqfm_0.jpg?itok=OPYgGnnN

c6tpmwbxmaa4jwp_0.jpg?itok=yzMp3bkX

exp-12-speed-6e-interior-high-cabin-view.jpg?itok=H6lo6X91

Images from Auto Express | New and Used Car Reviews, News Advice

• 'high performance' EV powertrain with 310 mile range
  • Powertrain to come from the Porsche Mission E?
  • Looks very production ready

[headline]Audi RS5[/headline]

xoxzryj26jv7v08twjj4.jpg

fnpjlcfwvhvvnekxat28.jpg

rdcjnfekfzwrdshpnqdw.jpg

images from jalpnik.com

• 2.9 litre turbo V6
  • 450hp, 442lb-ft
  • 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, top speed 174mph

Ah Geneva, the E3 for car enthusiasts. :D Lots of amazing drops and reveals to scour through. :nuts:

I think I will start with the new McLaren 720S. I will say that it does look good but imo it doesn't look great. Maybe it is because I kind of have already seen it in GTA V. :lol: It is incredibly like the T20 despite that being made it look like a P1. Then again perhaps that's just what it is that I am not getting, this is taking the same styling cues from the lower-level McLarens and the P1 and this is what has been the result. There's something about the side profile, perhaps it's just too smooth for me. Not like that matters as I won't be in line to place an order anyway but hey I can still look right? Seeing it on the road might change my mind as has happened with many a car in the past.

The newest 911 facelift does add some extra aggressiveness to the GT3 especially but that overbite is hard to miss when seen from the front quarter.

Rapide AMR is a bit of a strange one. Being a vehicle that is designed more for covering many miles I cannot see a stiffer version being that sought after except for maybe those racing drivers who cannot use soft sprung vehicles due to their years of racing in back-breaking seats. (more in the past not so much now)

It might just be me but I don't think that Bentley suits having the roof lopped off. There is something Jag about it when it is like this.

I will say this though, if you are lucky enough to have mega amounts of money then the number of toy cars available to you are reaching a truly crazy amount. It seems there are more now than there ever has been and for the most part they are all absolutely stellar looking and do more right than wrong. :cool:

• 1 month later...

Jag have put a 4-cylinder engine in the F-Type:

beh_2265v3.jpg?itok=uxJTdxGO

beh_2858v3.jpg?itok=gKYsniiV

Quite liking that Murcielago-esque exhaust pipe.

- It now costs £49,900, so it's trying to slot in between the Porsche 718 and the 718 S.

- 295bhp, 0-60 in 5.4 seconds (almost a second slower than the 718 S, half a second behind the 718).

Also worth considering more common/dull cars such as the new E-Class Coupé as a competitor for this at this price range, and I'd rather have the Jag tbh.

Sounds more like it's competing with the Audi S3/Golf R, except that it's slower and costs more. :confused:

I'd rather arrive at my destination slower and with less spare change in that 4 pot F-Type, than in the S3 or Golf R tbh. A 718S might entice me away from the Jaguar dealership but it might have to be a nearly new 718S as the options list will put the Porsche in the V6S and V8R F-Type price range very very quickly.

I do like the S3 and Golf R, I like them a lot, but they're very very popular around where I live and even if they weren't, most non car fans wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them and an A3/Golf 2.0 TDI