We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What is the most improtant part of a car?

Camel

Top priority for me would probably how it looks on the outside, because even if it sounds amazing and is great fun to drive/very fast I doubt i'd buy it if it was completely fugly. Obviously if I were to purchase a car it wouldn't be on looks alone it would have to be combined with other good things but I'd say looks is the main dealbreaker for me.

Honestly I can't list just one thing. Everything is important for me, or at least at this moment in my life it is.

I don't feel safe in small cars (even though Smarts are really save) and there's not one I really like. I'll pay more to drive some nice C- or E-Class than a Twingo or something like that.

I don't want to drive ugly cars.

I don't want a car that's beautiful but needs a month to get to 130 km/h.

I don't want a car that has a too stiff suspension setup because my route to work contains a few very, very bumpy stretches and I prefer comfort over any type of sporty driving characteristics

I don't want cars with bad or no sound insulation because I want to relax when I'm in a car and I want to listen to the radio.

I don't want a car with a dull, boring or barebone interior. Has to do a bit with comfort and a bit with aesthetics.

Perhaps I should just go for Exterior appearance for now. I'm absolutely not driving a car that looks hideous. It's something I'm really strict for (ride height/stance, exterior equipment, trim, etc).

:hmmm:

Nobody has mentioned brakes yet. Personally I'd say they are the most important things along with wheels. They're the things that stop you from crashing into that wall in front of you after all.

Shallow people :p

How can you not choose for a front windscreen.... or doors to get inside. How else would you drive it xD

:hmmm:

Nobody has mentioned brakes yet. Personally I'd say they are the most important things along with wheels. They're the things that stop you from crashing into that wall in front of you after all.

Shallow people :p

Why would you need brakes if you have no engine? Surely engine would still come first :p

Unless you live at the top of a hill and work at the bottom, but even then, unless you want to push the car home, or get a new car everyday, engine > brakes.

Why would you need brakes if you have no engine? Surely engine would still come first :p

Unless you live at the top of a hill and work at the bottom, but even then, unless you want to push the car home, or get a new car everyday, engine > brakes.

Sheffield is a very hilly place. No need for an engine. :p

Brakes can be made less important by engine braking and driving technique (and employ some sort of anchor (feet) when rolling slowly). I hardly ever use the primary (front) brake on my bike for example.

Then it's a case of working what else you can live without to get from A to B. The most important things are then wheels, steering mechanism, and chassis to sit on and link the wheels

So... essentially a billy kart. :lol:

IMG_0580.jpg

Brakes and suspension, two of the most important things on a car in my opinion, you need good brakes to stop quickly if need be, and good suspension so your car handles well, it makes you more confident driving know that your car is well setup to handle corners and that your brakes will stop you in a short distance if need be. Yes I would agree comfort and styling is also important, but I personally fell that brakes and suspenision. handling components are more important, especially if you enjoy a bit of spirited driving.