We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2VPE Release

binbow

It's happening since the first version only when pressing "load" button to load a car.. I tried to delete TDU2vPE_ini.xml file but it keeps giving me an address violation. It looks like it's always a different one but at the moment it keeps giving me "access violation at address 00739E2E in module 'TDU2VPE.exe'. Read of address 009F201E"

It's happening since the first version only when pressing "load" button to load a car.. I tried to delete TDU2vPE_ini.xml file but it keeps giving me an address violation. It looks like it's always a different one but at the moment it keeps giving me "access violation at address 00739E2E in module 'TDU2VPE.exe'. Read of address 009F201E"

So,,,the file size of db_data.cpr seems to be somewhat different, so I am concerned. I think the file size should be 1192 bytes. For example, if you download Autopack and extract db_data.cpr, you should be able to get the correct file, so please replace it.

I have not confirmed well what kind of influence it has on online when I change the performance data of the vehicle.

It is easy to imagine that if you modify the performance data of a vehicle, the result of online racing can be unfair results. However I do not think that will result in that can not participate in a particular race. I think that you can check immediately if you replace db_data.cpr with the original db_data.cpr to see if the situation you are encountering is due to the result of using tvu2vpe. Pleare try it.

Thanks - but where is that db_data.cpr file? I searched my TDU2 game folder and it's not in there. The vehicle editor folder has the original in its backup subfolder, but the root folder for the editor only has a db_data.dec file, no .cpr file.

Thanks - but where is that db_data.cpr file? I searched my TDU2 game folder and it's not in there. The vehicle editor folder has the original in its backup subfolder, but the root folder for the editor only has a db_data.dec file, no .cpr file.

There should be a file called "org_db_data.cpr" in the folder "backup" in the folder where you installed tdu2vpe. Rename it to "db_data.cpr" and copy over it to the game file folder.

--- edit ---

Using the "RESTORE" button makes it easy to rename and copy as above.

[ATTACH]28458[/ATTACH]

• 3 weeks later...
Hi. I have a problem. When i set up for random car horsepower or speed and etc. then start the game and nothing change. I have version for game TDU2_Unpacked_v034_build_16

I think that it is probably difficult to change the horsepower and maximum speed and feel the result while playing the game. And, depending on the item, there are items that can not feel any effect on playing the game just by changing the value. Horsepower is one of its items.

For example, if you change the gear ratio you can feel the result reliably. Please check first from such a point.

• 3 weeks later...
When i change the Range Rover tire size to the SVR tire size the tire turns full black. Is it me doing some thing wrong or not? Would be nice if you could confirm this.

Sorry, I do not understand the meaning of "the SVR tire size". I tried the tire rim combination # 238, 263, 356, but I could not see the phenomenon of becoming full black.

• 2 weeks later...

So i downloaded this and the requirements as mentioned, unpacked the game, opened the tool and specified the folders, vehicle files opens normally, i can edit in the tool,

I wanted to add a car which wasn't in the dealership (Audi RS5 Coupe) left most of the things as default, just changed the price and changed the color to Dark Stealth, then went on to add it in the empty spot in the Audi Dealership in Ibiza, now the car doesn't appear in the dealership

Probably i'm doing something wrong, do i have to use texmod to use the unpacked game? I'm new to the modding in TDU2 so any help will be really appreciated.

Edit:

NVM, got the car in dealership after reading first 10-15 pages.

but i got another question, are most of the unreleased cars unfinished? if so do i have to put all the values myself for the car to work? or is there any mod that has all the unfinished cars completed?

but i got another question, are most of the unreleased cars unfinished? if so do i have to put all the values myself for the car to work? or is there any mod that has all the unfinished cars completed?

Yes, unfortunately most un-released cars are unfinished. You need to check whether all the values visible in vpe are valid values.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Binbow : do you think it is possible to remove the speed limits ? I mean : is it possible to set a top speed in vpe and let the car go to the speed it can reach without being limitated to an intermediate speed ? Because in TDU there are some intermediate speed limits like : 121, 135, 148,169, 180,193, 252, 269,288, 307....

A car which  is set up to 305 km/h will reach 307 and maybe its gearbox allows 315 km/h like the Audi R8 v8 4.2 FSI.

Edited by Dextcloud

Hi, Binbow : do you think it is possible to remove the speed limits ? I mean : is it possible to set a top speed in vpe and let the car go to the speed it can reach without being limitated to an intermediate speed ? Because in TDU there are some intermediate speed limits like : 121, 135, 148,169, 180,193, 252, 269,288, 307....

A car who is set up to 305 km/h will reach 307 and maybe its gearbox allows 315 km/h like the Audi R8 v8 4.2 FSI.

Sorry for the late reply.

Theoretical maximum speed can be calculated using gear ratio, tire diameter and engine speed. And, the value of the item "Speed limit" on the "Engine" page limits the maximum speed. The maximum speed when traveling should be determined by either of the above two factors.

OK, so the speed in the "Engine page" will always limit the car speed ?

I have an error with some cars like the Huracan when modifying the values in vpe

Sorry for any inconvenience. I will investigate.

As for the "Speed limitte", yes I think so.

--- edit ---

The same problem has been posted by the same person (you! :D ), and how to avoid the error is also shown. See here.

In the next release, I will try not to report this type of error.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok. Oh ? Sorry, i have forgotten. :-(

There is a little inversion in vpe : it is written rpm @ hp instead of hp @ rpm, for example : a car of 50 hp @ 4000 rpm, in vpe it is written 4000@50. It is nothing at all but i wonder why is it inverted ?

Oops! Sorry, it seems I made a mistake in coding. I will prepare a modified version, please wait a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I've tried to use tdu2vpe, changed some specifications of mustang fastback 302cid: torque, max hp, max speed, diametre of brakes a bit, gear ratio and add a 4th gear - actually I used irl specifications of mustang boss 302. I've also changed car name.But it didn't make anything. Gears number are still 3, and I don't feel any changes to gear ratio at all.I know, there are some similar problems in this 41 pages below, I've read it but I can't find solution for this problem (maybe cause I'm retarded and blind, idk). Can someone help me with this (with car, not retardness and blindness)?

Yes, I'm using proper version of tdu2 with up0.4, date of change of "db_data.dec" also seems legit (so it's date when I tried to apply changes to mustang), I've tried to apply new settings for 3 times, and I'm running exactly that version of tdu2 in which I made changes.Also tried to remove 5th gear on lancia delta, it didn't work too.Should I remove 2 other versions of tdu2 which I installed? Or is the problem not in this plane?Would be very happy for answer