We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2VPE Release

binbow

Hi. I've tried to use tdu2vpe, changed some specifications of mustang fastback 302cid: torque, max hp, max speed, diametre of brakes a bit, gear ratio and add a 4th gear - actually I used irl specifications of mustang boss 302. I've also changed car name.But it didn't make anything. Gears number are still 3, and I don't feel any changes to gear ratio at all.I know, there are some similar problems in this 41 pages below, I've read it but I can't find solution for this problem (maybe cause I'm retarded and blind, idk). Can someone help me with this (with car, not retardness and blindness)?Yes, I'm using proper version of tdu2 with up0.4, date of change of "db_data.dec" also seems legit (so it's date when I tried to apply changes to mustang), I've tried to apply new settings for 3 times, and I'm running exactly that version of tdu2 in which I made changes.Also tried to remove 5th gear on lancia delta, it didn't work too.Should I remove 2 other versions of tdu2 which I installed? Or is the problem not in this plane?Would be very happy for answer

I could add 4th gear and it's worked fine. Is there something you missed?

[ATTACH]29268[/ATTACH]

There should not be any problem even if there are multiple different versions installed. Something about using the same save game in different versions may happen.

Wait, I just realized that I was talking about db_data.DEC in tdu2vpe folder, not about db_data.CPR in Euro/bnk/database. As I can understand, vpe should change both of them, right? If so, problem become more localised, because for some reason there are no changes in db_data.cpr.

UPD. Changes were applied when I manually delete db_data.cpr and VPE automatically create new file. Is that ok? I mean, should I do this manually everytime or normally vpe should do this (but it doesn't, for some reason)?

UPD2. So, I tried it once more and now vpe is actually replaces db_data.cpr with new one without this "manual deleting fraud". I don't understand why, but as long as it works, I'm happy. :D

Wait, I just realized that I was talking about db_data.DEC in TDU2VPE folder, not about db_data.CPR in Euro/bnk/database. As I can understand, vpe should change both of them, right? If so, problem become more localised, because for some reason there are no changes in db_data.cpr.

Yes, both * .dec and *. cpr should be changed. If not, it seems necessary to check the "Tud2 root folder" setting on the settings page is correct.

It works fine after my manipulations with db_data (see previous post updates), but when I restore original file using vpe, problem came back. Still, manual deleting this file once can solve the problem. That's just for your information, idk, maybe it will be helpful (somehow) in coding of next versions.

Thx for the great work with creating vpe, though.

It works fine after my manipulations with db_data (see previous post updates), but when I restore original file using vpe, problem came back. Still, manual deleting this file once can solve the problem. That's just for your information, idk, maybe it will be helpful (somehow) in coding of next versions.

Thx for the great work with creating vpe, though.

I see. I think that I understood the situation. I will reconsider the backup of the db_data.cpr file. Thank you for the information.

Ver 3.5.0.7 released.

Changes - ver3.5.0.7

The following was added:

- Chart for speed vs rpm per gear ratio.

- Display for the estimated maximum speed after changing the gear ratio and the predicted value of 0 - 100km / h time.

Fixed: Some minor bugs.

Note: The above values are rather rough values, and in reality there may be big differences. Please be aware.

Download link:

[ATTACH]29273[/ATTACH]

TDU2 VPE says out of memory :( how can i get fix?

Could you show me the error display screen?

Does the same error also appear in ver3.5.0.5? Perhaps the graph added in ver 3.5.0.7 is because it consumes a lot of memory. Memory consumption in ver3.5.0.7 is about 6 MB. Ver3.5.0.5. Consumes 5 MB. In that case, I can not help it with my skills.

Hi, i've got big troubles in my game since i tried your last version of vpe : the cars go upside down when turning the steering wheel !!!

Not only the huracan but all the cars i take !

Could you please specify what value and how you changed it specifically? I could not reproduce the phenomenon.

I changed nothing except the speed for the hurracan since the earlier version of vpe : i put 345 km/h instead of 325.

I got the same problem with the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 : i only put 6500 rpm redline instead of 7000 !

I don't know if it is 6500 or 6600 (some sites say 6600 rpm) but it is not 7000 rpm.

For the Huracan : i also put 5204 cc instead of 5200 cc displacement just now.

Edited by Dextcloud

If you change the changed value back to the original stable running is possible, it is due to changing the value, it is not caused by tdu2vpe, I think.

Perhaps I think that it is necessary to set the value of the gravity center to a smaller value. For example, if you set to the value gravity center = 45 and length=50, I think that you will be able to run stable.

Do not forget that changing the value now may destroy the balance. If you change the value you should re-adjust the balance of each point yourself.

I restored the previous values but it is still the same ! I don't understand what is happening with my game.

Maybe i should restore the database ? But if i have to do that, it might be caused by the last version of vpe ?

There may be a problem with ver3.5.0.7. Please use ver3.5.0.5 for the time being.

BTW, one week from tomorrow, I will leave from the PC, so I may not be able to respond for a while.

Hi, i don't know why but when i change the beetle's power and torque even a little : it slides a lot and it is impossible to drive.

I remember 2 years ago i could set the power to 5000 hp and the car didn't slide but since last year, the car slides even when i put 150 hp.

It is not important because i try to set the real values for the cars but i don't know why it happens.

Edited by Dextcloud

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Amazing work. Sadly I reset my configuration to standard. Is there any way to use the _DbItems.csv as a backup?

Unfortunately, do not have that function right now. _DbItems.csv does not contain all data from the database. So, such functionality is not implemented as data is at risk of inconsistency.

About color setting function in TDU2VPE:

I am aware of the following bugs.

When purchasing a car with a dealer, the set color is displayed in the color candidate list and you can select the color. But, setting will be ignored when going outside the store.

It must be because the understanding of the structure of the database is not sufficient. But on db_data.cpr I can confirm that the data has been modified as intended, so far I can not find other clues. Already, :headbang2: I am almost giving up. :sorry: