We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2VPE Release

binbow

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Since I have replaced the db_data.cpr in the database folder, but the other files not, came the problem. Then a friend came up with the idea, the rest of the files in the database folder through the backup to replace.

Then we have TDU2VPE reinstalled, the contents of .ini deleted and then started TDU2VPE and all paths readjusted.

And TDU2VPE working again!

Sry for my bad english, google has translated

// With best regards (from Germany)

RACER-N3ZX9R ™

Hey Binbow. Firstly, I'd like to thank you for this awesome mod. It's better than I could have imagined, providing a vast amount of variables and allowing the transformation of all TDU2 vehicles. I've been making a mod for my ZX10R motorcycle. So far I have a new 2012 ZX10R model, I've made my own new addictive engine sound for it and thanks to your mod I've replicated the gear ratios, power band, RPM and top speed of a real ZX10R. It rocks, and it's transformed the bike, let alone the game. I have a question about your mod tool. I want to change the amount of time it takes to change gears. For instance - cars pause for a moment while changing gears whereas the ZX10r shifts instantaneously in game. I want to make the shift time slightly slower, but cannot figure out what parameter to modify. Can you tell me what value I must modify in order to change the shifting speed?

....snip....

I want to make the shift time slightly slower, but cannot figure out what parameter to modify. Can you tell me what value I must modify in order to change the shifting speed?

Items related to the shift time are, "Shift time up / dn" are located in the "Transmission" page. I don't know about other items related to the shift time.:sorry:

Thanks. I'll have another look, but when I changed the values of that parameter there was no difference in game. Maybe the values need to be more aggressive.

I've been comparing the values of that parameter between cars and the ZX10R and it makes logical sense, it's just that when I modify the values, there is no change in game. I'll keep searching if it doesn't work.

By the way, good on you for being so prompt. You've persistently responded to all questions in this thread.

Keep it up! We need more modders like you

--- Post Updated ---

There was also something else I found with your mod.

You see, your mod gives us access to all the vehicles in the game. Released and unreleased...

I found out quite a lot. I found out about all the vehicles that were meant to be in the game.... Motorcycles in particular.

Off the top of my head, these are a handful that I found (I never knew of them until now):

- Kawasaki KX 450f (Dirt bike!!!)

- Kawasaki KX 450R(motard/urban)

- Kawasaki ZX12 Vulcan

- MV Agusta F4 Tamburini (Omg)

- MV Agusta F4 RR

- Ducati Monster S2R (!!!)

- Ducati Hypermotard

- Ducati 848 Evo (several low quality versions of this bike can be seen inside the bike dealership from the outside (See for yourself))

- Triumph Street Triple R (this bike is present in the logo for the motorcycle dealership in the map)

As well as a row of unimaginable cars that leave you wondering what the hell possessed Eden to not finish the game (especially without any real explanation of what they did with these left out files).

TDU2 could have been so much different. They were so close! At this point, I'd be happy for them to just dump the rest of the files in with the game. At least then we'd have something to work with. But for them to just chop the lot? It remains a mystery...

hi again bimbow,i got a weird bug after editing the touareg,the game just refuses to load! i lost a savegame because i was driving it last time i played and even changing name or specs on VPE doesn't fix it,any ideas?

btw,this was months ago but i just got to play tdu2 again today and stumbled on it,thx

EDIT: nevermind,i figured it was a bug in a mod i put on this slot!

hi again bimbow,i got a weird bug after editing the touareg,the game just refuses to load! i lost a savegame because i was driving it last time i played and even changing name or specs on VPE doesn't fix it,any ideas?

btw,this was months ago but i just got to play tdu2 again today and stumbled on it,thx

EDIT: nevermind,i figured it was a bug in a mod i put on this slot!

Phew,I was relieved to know the cause.:smig:

Its a great program. But Oh no, it has comic sans ms font

PS: Anyway to increase the rim size? and the app isn't loading after i set my unpacked tdu2 directory.

Let me see more details information.

And,, It's my taste. But, it has no problem to change another font. What are the fonts of your choice? How about Tahoma?

---update---

I tried to make a version that uses the Tahoma font. Please try this.

Hmm, this is also not bad.

haha, This looks much better. Comic Sans looks very unprofessional IMO. Please dont take it personally. :D

Btw, I've fixed the problem, I didn't set the directory of TDUDEC.exe.

Can you help me out here, I'm trying to use a custom rim for the BMW M5(came with Autopack), no matter how much I increase the diameter the car keeps getting lower. Exactly how do I increase the rim size?

another question binbow,can i change the sound file of the cars with your program?

i mean,i've put stargt's m4 on DBS carbon but it uses the same sound file from the regular DBS,is there any option to change it? thanks again

Sound file name can be changed in miscellaneous - Filename definition. For example, if you set the file name Z4, sound file name will be z4_high.

However, in fact, I have also faced the same problem. Aston seems to use the same sound file name all. :oook::confused: I gave up already.

Sound file name can be changed in miscellaneous - Filename definition. For example, if you set the file name Z4, sound file name will be z4_high.

However, in fact, I have also faced the same problem. Aston seems to use the same sound file name all. :oook::confused: I gave up already.

well shoot...

thanks anyway,you're the best

Hi binbow,

could you include a checkbox for the car windows, if openable or not? I wanted to swap a car to Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss and I noticed that the windows are always open and you can not close them via the ingame menu. If you can find the parameter for that, so we can choose if windows are openabel or not, would be much appreciated :)

binbow, I've actually managed to change the rim size. It's a bit hard to explain how but yes, I did use your tool, but with the reference of another car.

For Subaru WRX STI:

In the tire/rims section, the combination number for Subaru STI is 221(default). Then I looked for other cars which had factory default 19" rims, in this case, I found out Audi RS6 had 19" rims from the dealership, so I loaded up Audi RS6's data from TDU2VPE then I got the reference number for Tire-Rim Combination No, which is number 283 . Then I went back to Subaru STI, loaded up the car data and in the Tire/Rims section, I used the Tire-Rim Combination No of Audi RS6 and Applied it. It looks like this:

1a8f0ea8a1ec1c400749855f149483d7.png

Now I've officially 19" Rims XD

Before

c9fa366c4b60117adaa83d892dcb728c.jpg

After:

3af40fd8681c86d229734a121f9a05ed.jpg

Let me know if it works for other people.

Hi binbow,

could you include a checkbox for the car windows, if openable or not? I wanted to swap a car to Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss and I noticed that the windows are always open and you can not close them via the ingame menu. If you can find the parameter for that, so we can choose if windows are openabel or not, would be much appreciated :)

As an item that may affect the window, there are the following two.

1. noRoof : Change to 0 (zero). Perhaps, "1 " is set to open-top car.

2. windowType : Change to "1" or "2".

These can be changed in the miscellaneous-all items. It is not known whether both needed. Please try.

p.s. it is unconfirmed in my side.

[ATTACH]26802[/ATTACH]

binbow, I've actually managed to change the rim size. It's a bit hard to explain how but yes, I did use your tool, but with the reference of another car.

For Subaru WRX STI:

In the tire/rims section, the combination number for Subaru STI is 221(default). Then I looked for other cars which had factory default 19" rims, in this case, I found out Audi RS6 had 19" rims from the dealership, so I loaded up Audi RS6's data from TDU2VPE then I got the reference number for Tire-Rim Combination No, which is number 283 . Then I went back to Subaru STI, loaded up the car data and in the Tire/Rims section, I used the Tire-Rim Combination No of Audi RS6 and Applied it. It

-- snip --

Let me know if it works for other people.

:clap:

Thank you for information. I am also sure that can change the rim size in the same manner.

Hi, I'm new here. I have found my old TDU2 and I wanted to give me the Audi R8 Quattro R Tronic and the Gumpert Apollo. So nothing complicated.

I downloaded everything (tdudec and TDU2vPE) I put those files on my desktop in respective folders and opened the TDU2VPE.exe. It opened and told me to make settings first. I made them, the program closed and it didn't want to open again. I use Win7 64-bit.

Do you know what I can do?

Hi, I'm new here. I have found my old TDU2 and I wanted to give me the Audi R8 Quattro R Tronic and the Gumpert Apollo. So nothing complicated.

I downloaded everything (tdudec and TDU2vPE) I put those files on my desktop in respective folders and opened the TDU2VPE.exe. It opened and told me to make settings first. I made them, the program closed and it didn't want to open again. I use Win7 64-bit.

Do you know what I can do?

Well,,, although the phenomenon can not be reproduced ...

It should be able to use normally from the next time if TDU2vPE_ini.xml be generated normally. Please try to start tdu2vpe.exe again.

If the setting is required again, please manually edit the TDU2vPE_ini.xml as follows.

[ATTACH]26804[/ATTACH]

RotFolder ----------------- Set folder name where unpacked tdu2 game files were installed.
WorkFolder --------------- Set folder name where tdu2vpe.exe is installed.
ImportExportFolder ------ Set WorkFolder + "ImportExport"
TDUdecFolder ------------ Set foldername where tdudec.exe is installed.
cpr_stamp ---------------- Leave it blank. It will be generated automatically.

You can easily edit xml files by using "XML Notepad". You can download the "XML Notepad" from the following link. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7973

binbow:

Thanks for the reply. I looked into the xml and it all was in place fine. The TDU2vPE.exe starts and a process is shown in the task mgr.

But it doesn't open...

Would it be possible for you(or someone else here) to edit my save and add the r8 r tronic and the r8 spyder?

EDIT: I got the program to work, but the car in the game doesn't change with it. I put the r8 spyder in the audi north dealership on an empty slot and pressed "apply"

binbow:

Thanks for the reply. I looked into the xml and it all was in place fine. The TDU2vPE.exe starts and a process is shown in the task mgr.

But it doesn't open...

Would it be possible for you(or someone else here) to edit my save and add the r8 r tronic and the r8 spyder?

EDIT: I got the program to work, but the car in the game doesn't change with it. I put the r8 spyder in the audi north dealership on an empty slot and pressed "apply"

How about the following things?

How did you start the game? You should start the game using the other launcher than UpLauncher. And, during the game running must not use tdu2vpe.exe.