We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2VPE Release

binbow

I tried installing VPE and when it asks me to chose a file location for the root folder, I use the unpacked file. But a message pops up and says "Since 'TestDrive2.exe' is not at version v034, not be able to handle. (#8_1)". How do I fix this?

It is necessary to update to V034 build16. StarGT's post should be of service to you.

I put those files in the unpacked game and the message still pops up when I select that file path.

Did you download the file using ”TDU2*****utoPack 1.6.torrent" file?

You can see the Product version by right-clicking Testdrive2.exe and opening its properties. Product version must be "TDU2 DLC2 v034".

If the versions are different, the only way to avoid the error is to somehow obtain a compatible version of the file. If you search, you will find lots of ways, so please check it yourself.

[ATTACH]28005[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...
Binbow : could you add the slot "Flat 2" engine type for the citroën 2CV engine for example ? Thank you.

OK I will implement it in next version. Please wait for a while.;)

--- edit ---

It might be difficult..:( Each engine type has assigned a code one by one, and we can only select a code from existing them. So, it is difficult to add new engine type, I think. Anyway, I will investigate.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks !

I have got a little question that i never asked about something not important on vpe :

Why do i get theses writings for the name of some cars in the list ?

It is not important but i wonder if it is because of my computer or my operating system.

[ATTACH]28193[/ATTACH]

Edited by Dextcloud

Thanks !

I have got a little question that i never asked about something not important on vpe :

Why do i get theses writings for the name of some cars in the list ?

It is not important but i wonder if it is because of my computer or O.S.

Such an indication is displayed because an unsupported character code is used in the file of TDU 2. The latest ver 3.5.0.3 released the other day changed handling of character code. Please try it.

--- edit feb/27 ---

The phenomenon that the character display is broken does not seem to be improved even in ver3.5.0.3. I will continue to make efforts to improve, please wait. :headbang:

By the way, some cars like the BMW i8 have 9 gears, i think and the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S in Forza 4 has 8 gears.

Do you think, it could be possible to set more than 7 gears to the gearboxes in vpe ?

There are up to 11th gear ratio data items in db_data.cpr. However, in past experimental results, I think that the data set after 8th value was not reflected in the game.

Well,,It may depend on the vehicle to be tested. I will experiment with BMW i8 again.

--- edit ---

Even in the current version you can set 8th and 9th gear ratio. Please select "Gear_ratio 8" or "Gear_ratio 9" in "All Items" on the "Miscellaneous" page and fill in the value.

[ATTACH]28243[/ATTACH]

p.s.

Regarding engine type of 2CV;

In fact, I can not find any place where the engine type name is described anywhere yet. In vpe, the type name is displayed by checking the value of the item against the in-game display.

It is easy to change vpe's display, but that does not make sense, I think.

Ok. For the 8th and 9th gears : it doesn't work : the game doesn't display 8 and 9 but N : the car can't accelarate in 9th and in 8th.

It goes slower i think. I must try again to tell you the exact car's behavior.

Ok, so impossible untill now, to add a new engine type in the list ? 😞

I have got another little question : what about the gear ratio for the reverse gear ? It can't be set untill now. It is quite the same as the first gear for most of the cars, i know, but it is sometimes not the same value.

Edited by Dextcloud

I have got another little question : what about the gear ratio for the reverse gear ? It can't be set untill now. It is quite the same as the first gear for most of the cars, i know, but it is sometimes not the same value.

Unfortunately, the gear ratio for the reverse gear data seems not to be found anywhere in db_data.cpr.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi binbow, I have a problem... it keeps giving me access violation with every single car, also when exiting the program :sulk:

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please give me more detailed information.

What version of tdu2vpe do you use? The latest is ver3.5.0.5. If not latest, please try to use the latest version. In which folder is tdu2vpe located?

Does editing a car's properties such as grip create problems when in online mode? And if so, is it only for the car you edit or for all your cars?

The reason I ask is that I can get online and drive with other players' cars in free mode but if I get invited to a "follow the leader" session or other private race/event I get a message that I cannot enter the session. I can make friends, join a club, and have been able to run an instant challenge a few times with another player. (I have never done any manual adjustments of IP port openings etc.)

Does editing a car's properties such as grip create problems when in online mode? And if so, is it only for the car you edit or for all your cars?

The reason I ask is that I can get online and drive with other players' cars in free mode but if I get invited to a "follow the leader" session or other private race/event I get a message that I cannot enter the session. I can make friends, join a club, and have been able to run an instant challenge a few times with another player. (I have never done any manual adjustments of IP port openings etc.)

I have not confirmed well what kind of influence it has on online when I change the performance data of the vehicle.

It is easy to imagine that if you modify the performance data of a vehicle, the result of online racing can be unfair results. However I do not think that will result in that can not participate in a particular race. I think that you can check immediately if you replace db_data.cpr with the original db_data.cpr to see if the situation you are encountering is due to the result of using tvu2vpe. Pleare try it.

I'm using tdu2vpe 3.5.0.5. and tdu2vpe is located on the desktop(C:\Users\Thozz\Desktop\TDU2VPE).. is this one the problem? :para:

The installation folder is OK on the desktop.

Is the error message displayed immediately after starting vpe? Or is it displayed when loading something vehicle data?

By the way, is the error since ver.3.5.0.5? Was the same situation in the previous version?

P.s. Please delete the file called "TDU2vPE_ini.xml" in the installation folder and try the initial setting of tdu2vpe again.