We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2VPE Release

binbow

28 minutes ago, LeWu_DYSEwnta said:

@binbowHelp, i did everything according to this tutorial but everytime i click on "done, save" in the settings i get the error shown in the picture. 

How you can see, every path involved in this only contains normal characters, no spaces, nothing. 

What am i doing wrong?

2022-03-09 13_55_15-TDU2 VehiclePropertyEditor - ver3.5.1.8.png

Try TDU2VPE_ver3.5.1.9.zip. It's the version I intended to fix the error, but I'm sorry if I couldn't fix it.
By the way, I'd like to ask for reference, but what language do you use for Windows?

19 hours ago, binbow said:

Try TDU2VPE_ver3.5.1.9.zip. It's the version I intended to fix the error, but I'm sorry if I couldn't fix it.
By the way, I'd like to ask for reference, but what language do you use for Windows?

I'm using the german version of windows. I'm going to try that version rn, wish me luck 🙂

Nope, still doesn't work. 

5 hours ago, LeWu_DYSEwnta said:

I'm using the german version of windows. I'm going to try that version rn, wish me luck 🙂

Nope, still doesn't work. 

So,,,I think it's probably a problem with the character code settings used in vpe, but I can't investigate it because I don't have an environment where I can experiment right away. Putting all folder and file names in English may solve the problem. Try it if you can (don't expect too much).

• 6 months later...

Hey BinBow, really enjoying using VPE! I do have a few questions though.

1- Does the handbrake slip ratio keep the car from sliding too much while taking sharp corners w/ the handbrake, or does that have to do w/ tire grip?

2- I stanced my Mclaren F1 skin on the 16.4 and now the rpm needle wobbles way too much getting up to speed/ will only reach 130mph max. Do I have to adust the suspension length?

3- Would increasing traction control help w/ too much wheelspin in 1st/2nd gear or is that mainly for wet/offroad conditions?

@EqiosSorry for late reply. Please wait for a while.

-- edit Oct/14 --

1- I don't think the "handbrake slip ratio" item has anything to do with tire grip.
2,3 - For these, you just have to check it out for yourself. I don't know how the data values are reflected in the game.

Edited by binbow

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, chilelolchilelol said:

ive found the fix to my problem, my uplauncher was connected to the packed tdu2

the uplauncher can easily interfere because it wants to update and connect to the server, but it can't, so the game can't start.

therefore, it is mandatory to use the tdu2 universal launcher v.3.6.

the game wouldn't start without it for me.

but if you want something good, you should search for the tdu2 RS version, which means a 40 GB unpacked game and includes a lot of things that are missing, many types of cars and more 😎

22 hours ago, 4banger95 said:

How can I fix this? 

Plz help a noob out 😂

After doing a fresh install and unpacking the game, now I'm getting this error.

TDU2VPE ERROR.png

sorry. I'm having trouble dealing with that kind of error.

It may be improved by making Windows an English environment.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, R3flux said:

when im gonna configurate my tdu2 root folder this error message appears, what should i do?

imagem_2023-04-29_175640879.png

Please check the TDU2 version. tdu2vpe works only with TDU2 DLC2 v.0.34.

For DLC2 v.0.34, you can refer here. 

Edited by binbow

59 minutes ago, R3flux said:

now this happens 

imagem_2023-04-30_124727531.png

I'm sorry, I don't know the solution. The error should be related to the language environment of your PC, but I don't know how to deal with it, so I'm in trouble.

--- edit ---

Please let me know. When does that error occur? For example, does an error occur at tdu2vpe boot time? Or when loading specific vehicle data?

Edited by binbow

• 1 month later...

I tried to add cayman gt4 but its not working also I tried to add bunch of cars but its not even working what do I do? also i dont see any changes in game is it because of uplauncher or should i use another launcher please reply

Edited by robin1999

22 hours ago, robin1999 said:

I tried to add cayman gt4 but its not working also I tried to add bunch of cars but its not even working what do I do? also i dont see any changes in game is it because of uplauncher or should i use another launcher please reply

The uplauncher checks the files and restores them to their original state if they have been modified.
You need to use a special launcher like Knyazev : TDU2 Universal Launcher [v3.6].

12 hours ago, Vicky said:

Hello, there seems to be an error whenever I try to exit the editor after modifying the vehicles. I'm sure I did all the steps correctly in configuring the editor. Are there any possible causes for this issue?

image.png

Can you check the size of the file "db_data.cpr". Is the file size 1192KB?
I can't think of anything else right now. I'll post again if I come up with something.

2 hours ago, binbow said:

The uplauncher checks the files and restores them to their original state if they have been modified.
You need to use a special launcher like Knyazev : TDU2 Universal Launcher [v3.6].

Can you check the size of the file "db_data.cpr". Is the file size 1192KB?
I can't think of anything else right now. I'll post again if I come up with something.

Yup, the file size is correct for both the "db_data.cpr" and "db_data.dec". I have tried using the 3.5.1.9 version too but has the same error. Loading a modified specific car model does save the changes but won't apply in the game.

In order to close the application, I have to force close it using Task Manager. 

Edited by Vicky