We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[TDUMT] Making installer Q&A thread

Djey

Here is a thread to collect all questions and answers about making install.pch files to use with TDUMT/Installer.

It is intended to complete information from official modding guide : http://bit.ly/18IRb6N

To everyone, feel free to participate :)

Brands

How install a new brand logo like rossion?
This is how it works : 2 files are used for logos :

• icons_map.2db : for the dealer icons on the map (2048x1024)
  • logos_brands.2db : for the badges (vehicle datasheet etc) (2048x2048)

Those are packed into Euro/Bnk/FrontEnd/AllRes/LogoTexturePage.bnk

Have a look at them. Layout is a grid, so each logo has an index, starting at 0 (= AC logo) , next is 1 ... and so on by reading from left-to right. When you're at the end of a line, it continues from the left at next line.

Important :

1. Indexes for a same brand should be the same in both grids !
  2. Some indexes are reserved for other POIs (challenges, tuner shops, etc.) and should not be erased by brand logos nor associated to a brand

To link a logo to a brand, change this value in database (TDU_Brands.db) : Logo_Global_Index (5th column)

You d'have to set the value identical to logo index in previous grids.

E.g of a database instruction : 735|735 55338337 55338337 55338337 <INDEX> 0 7

Cameras

Hi, i got a question, what exactly does CustomizeViewsUnlimited different than CustomizeViews? As I can link a bin file into the instruction and I don't really have an idea why.
CustomizeViewsUnlimited asks for a modded Cameras.bin file to provide, which contains more cameras entries.

Some TDU versions have very incomplete cameras.bin and thus can't be used to adjust views.

TDUMT has such an enhanced Cameras.bin file embedded (you'll find in directories).

Resources

Hi, i got a question, to create a name for example on TDUMT instaler i can put this?

123|ac||

234|audi||

or have to be like this?

123|ac||234|audi||.

To create many resource values in one instruction, use second solution. Yet, you still need one instruction per language (FR, US, IT ...)

Traffic

Also, do SetTrafficDistribution and SetTrafficPerKilometer actually work? And if yes, how?
Yes, they work. They allow changing traffic density according to island zones (SetTrafficDistribution) and traffic vehicle density per kilometer (SetTrafficPerKilometer). That's used with patch 1.68b but it causes sync issues if people use different configurations while online ... (vehicles appear/disappear randomly).

So I don't recommend using these instructions online.

Hi, i got a question, what exactly does CustomizeViewsUnlimited different than CustomizeViews? As I can link a bin file into the instruction and I don't really have an idea why.

Also, do SetTrafficDistribution and SetTrafficPerKilometer actually work? And if yes, how?

Cool thread btw :)

CustomizeViewsUnlimited asks for a modded Cameras.bin file to provide, which contains more cameras entries.

Some TDU versions have very incomplete cameras.bin and thus can't be used to adjust views.

TDUMT has such an enhanced Cameras.bin file embedded (you'll find in directories).

Yes, they work. They allow changing traffic density according to island zones (SetTrafficDistribution) and traffic vehicle density per kilometer (SetTrafficPerKilometer). That's used with patch 1.68b but it causes sync issues if people use different configurations while online ... (vehicles appear/disappear randomly).

So I don't recommend using these instructions online.

Since 1.68b patch, all available logo slots are already taken I guess.

Logo count limit is 64, TDU does not seem to read beyond this.

Anyway, this is how it works : 2 files are used for logos :

• icons_map.2db : for the dealer icons on the map (2048x1024)
  • logos_brands.2db : for the badges (vehicle datasheet etc) (2048x2048)

Those are packed into Euro/Bnk/FrontEnd/AllRes/LogoTexturePage.bnk

Have a look at them. Layout is a grid, so each logo has an index, starting at 0 (= AC logo) , next is 1 ... and so on by reading from left-to right. When you're at the end of a line, it continues from the left at next line.

Important :

1. Indexes for a same brand should be the same in both grids !
  2. Some indexes are reserved for other POIs (challenges, tuner shops, etc.) and should not be erased by brand logos nor associated to a brand

To link a logo to a brand, change this value in database (TDU_Brands.db) : Logo_Global_Index (5th column)

You d'have to set the value identical to logo index in previous grids.

E.g of a database instruction : 735|735 55338337 55338337 55338337 <INDEX> 0 7

How i can see and add a new index on these files? i try open with hex editor but i dont understand

i understand the part link a logo to a brand.

I already add new brand "rossion" with logo_global_index with 428 but i need put that value on the files.

2DB file is a texture and must be converted to DDS format to edit.

Use TDU Modding Tools then photoshop, paint.net or whatever.

(more info with texture editing tutorials @Turboduck)..

428 is not a reasonable index, I doubt you can add a logo at 428th cell in the textures.