We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

enginesound booster

DJoyTinnio

• 1 month later...

Isnt it simplier to make your sounds sound higher ? :mhmm:

I mean otherwise its too much work for you to make everything sound lower.... and then when people install other sound mods they will sound super high comparing with yours

You seem to be afraid of making the sounds sound high ... you will say thats its becuase of "quality" but if you "preserve" the original quality by making them sound low then in game you will never notice about that "original quality" because the samples sound low.... and i understand your point of view but tdu requires very high sound samples in order to the sound be listenable

So you can lose some "original" quality but then at least they sound high in game ...and it will prevent you doing all this stuff wich is not good at all...as you are unbalacing all the game volumes as you know

No, its not too much work for me. I mean i've done it allready.

The only things left to do are horns, shifting sounds, and the music, when leaving or entering a store or a flat.

I think really easier would be, when people use other sounds than mine,

just to put engine noise lower again in menu, if its too loud.

I don't really get, what you mean with HIGH and LOW.

This here is about the volume (silence & loudness ) of the sounds,

not about their frequency (lowness & highness).

Volumewise my sounds are more like the original sounds of the game.

I noticed, when i turn my stereo really loud, then most of the original sounds are sounding really great surprisingly.

So this means, they have more detail in them, then thought before.

But then the problem comes in, that the tirequiieking and sliding and all driving related sounds,

that are not the engine, are just way too loud, when having the stereo put up volumewise.

You can't adjust that, because they are linked with the enginevolume trigger in menu.

And this is what i fixed with this mod.

How often must i say this.

TDU doesn't REQUIRE loud sounds, in order to they are hearable.

TDU makes them being more silent actively through its ingame software settings.

The reasons ? Again, if 8 sounds from 8 multiplayer or ingame bot enginesounds are played all at the same time,

without being reduced volumewise, they would sound like a really bad broken musicbox, distortet,

and just like a really bad adjusted radioreceiver.

And INSIDE of EACH single sound, there are TWO SOUNDS played at the SAME TIME also sometimes,

when off an on sounds transform into each other, when releasing and pushing the throttle very slowly.

Even with my original like, but a bit louder, volumed sounds, this function is reduced yet a bit.

So it is not only about the quality of the sounds.

Its also about functionaltity.

You say i unbalance the game ?

NO, the other way too loud soundmods are doing so !

They are so loud, you barely hear the original carsounds anymore, compared to them.

For those who read and dont know the game yet.

You can't seperately adjust the volume of the own driven car, and the cars others are driving with !

Wich means, if you are using a too loud soundmod, all other with the game balanced enginesounds are too quiet !

THIS is UNBALANCED modwise, no doubt about it.

So why should i care about my compatibility to other soundmods,

wich are not even compatible with the original ?!

I want to really make the game better, not ruin it, like some others try to do, or dont't know it better yet.

Thats why i allways help, and tell people whats important in TDU, and how to do it right, when they ask me.

I even reveilled how to straighten a down or up reving enginesound from videos,

to acevt and t0m3k for example.

This saves weeks of work and nerves loss !

My trick was, before i discovered an addon for audiacity :

I put in the upreving sound as is into the carsound backwards, and reved it straight :-), while recording that at the same time.

Then i had the straight sound to work with, and to put it reverted again and polished back into the carsound.

Thats where the flangering came from you noticed. It is created by that process sadly.

O and of course i had to put all other sounds out of the game while recording.

Windnoise etc. This was a lot of work.

Now with the program addon its easier and less flanger.

But that only told besides.

Back to your comment.

You are basically saying, what i do is being not good at all, allthough you understand why i do it, hmm.

What are you afraid of ? That other soundmods than mine get too loud with this engine booster ?

Allthough you can set the enginevolume to a lower level in menu ? Oh ok then the sliding and driving related

sounds are too silent with your loud soundmod ? NO, your soundmod is too loud if so !

My sounds stick with original for being functional.

By now there only wasn't a guy doing all the work for balancing the other sounds right, you can't adjust in menu seperatly.

And this is what i did.

Because the game had not good balanced sounds here and there.

Example, zoom in and out of map, BOOM BOOM BASS every time you change zoom.

Things like that are fixed now also.

Another one. Go into garage and hold throttle stable with a normal soundmod.

You'll notice offs and ons are played at the same time melting into each other, how it should be.

Go into the outside gaming world with a too loud soundmod.

You'll hear the sounds are not melting anymore. Why ?

Because other sounds come with the environment, taking their for them reserved working space,

calculationwise and volumewise.

With a silent like original soundmod, they keep melting like suspected.

I only took the hard and better way to give more working space to the engine sound,

for being able to yet FUNCTION right, while being able to be louder without QUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIlk,

and GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK and WFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD,

slide,brake,tire,and windnoises being louder too, because it is linked with the engine volumemenu.

You don't like it ? Very simple. Don't install it !

Isnt it simplier to make your sounds sound higher ? :mhmm:

I mean otherwise its too much work for you to make everything sound lower.... and then when people install other sound mods they will sound super high comparing with yours

You seem to be afraid of making the sounds sound high ... you will say thats its becuase of "quality" but if you "preserve" the original quality by making them sound low then in game you will never notice about that "original quality" because the samples sound low.... and i understand your point of view but tdu requires very high sound samples in order to the sound be listenable

So you can lose some "original" quality but then at least they sound high in game ...and it will prevent you doing all this stuff wich is not good at all...as you are unbalacing all the game volumes as you know

yeah ofc im not installing and i dont even play the game to be honest ... i was just saying that you are unbalacing all the game volumes just to make your sounds audible...this is quite the opposite concept of a "booster" btw

You are "unboosting" in fact (if ever the word exists)

Anyway like you and i say its simple ... dont like it dont install it right ?

Cheers & happy modding :D

Man you just don't want to understand and get it.

Are you really thinking, the louder the better ?

For example the SLR sound is at highest peak volumewise in sound program.

Put into TDU without this mod, it is a bit too silent.

I tried the highest volume where it yet is keeping the character of the carsound.

Anymore louder would distort it.

Distortion allways starts at the highest frequencies,

then with more and more distortion, come the middles, and finally the basses.

I put the SLR sound in louder, to hear the result,

and what i got was it sounding of course audible, like you would call it maybe.

But in fact, it sounded that little bit too much deeper in general, because like i told you,

the distortion took away some high frequencies from it.

It sounded just like a bugatti veyron then.

This crap is not what i'm aiming for you know.

So i put the right nondistortet volume in, and all good.

So it was a bit too silent.

Now, with this mod here, it's got a comfortable loudness, and has the character like the real deal.

It depends on the engine type surely too.

A screaming engine, there distortion maybe is leading to a relatively good result yet.

But i want ideal surcumstances for all engine types, that's about it.

I'm an educated soundtechnician, so please stop treating me as if you know everything better.

Constructive discussion, yes.

Arrogance, no.

Of course this is an engine booster, in an indirect, in this case, better way.

To bring a good balance in an unbalanced sound cheme,

you have to unbalance the unbalance for it being a good balance.

If you want to think so complicated, your choice.

I talked to people over the years, and read enough things about what they find annoying in TDU soundwise.

Shifting sounds too loud and annoying, swoosh sounds of every streetlamp passing by,

transmission wines annoying and all that.

And i myself play not only racing games 22 years now, and have my own thoughts about how everything should be in a game.

When i put my hands on something, then only to make it better.

If i did something wrong, since nobody is perfect, just tell here.

But you didn't even try the mod, and act as you did, so.

Btw, i like and respect your work with the sounds.

But they could be even better with their original volume, and this mod here.

If you don't agree now yet, then i couldn't care less, because i did my best to explain everything.

I keep on with my style, because i'm not one of those guys who put in their sound distorted,

just to say yey, it is very loud wow, louder than original sounds yey, people will love it yey,

and compared to a proper done sound it is in fact a piece of crap then. No no, not with me ... .

yeah ofc im not installing and i dont even play the game to be honest ... i was just saying that you are unbalacing all the game volumes just to make your sounds audible...this is quite the opposite concept of a "booster" btw

You are "unboosting" in fact (if ever the word exists)

Anyway like you and i say its simple ... dont like it dont install it right ?

Cheers & happy modding :D

--- Post Updated ---

Urm, i find closing the windows reduces enough the outside sounds.

Also this is adding more bass to the carsound, wich is like in real too, so.

But the swoosh question is simply answered with a yes.

The external or internal rolling sound, don't remember right now, is good for that,

because it is also linked to the traffic rolling sound.

This way , you've got 2 things in one done.

A better rolling sound for your car, and with windows closed, your own rolling sound is away,

but the traffic rolling is yet hearable as a nice swoosh then.

I release my rolling sound one day together with a soft interior bass instead of the engine wines for every car.

The wines are changing the tone with the speed, not with the rev, programmedwise, and get louder the faster you drive,

just like the interieur of a car is vibrating more too, the faster you go, wich should cause a bassy sound.

It's a must have for me :)

How to make interior more quiet with windows up?

Can you add swoosh sounds to the traffic ?

And if you only lowered their volume to let's say 50%,

you would not have a strange feeling outside, and yet gain more incar feeling.

I'm not a fan of just deleting things.

As i wrote, some trafficsounds are the same files used for the car you are driving.

Those you deleted now, and that is not good.

A quick guess : You use audiacity wich can minimum handle 16 bit sounds, but TDU using 4 bit sounds.

And you don't know how to get rid of the little gap caused by exporting 16 bit in 4 bit format ?

That's why you simply deleted it, instead of working with it ?

Well if so, you need to find a common multiplier dataspacewise,

between the wavelengh in 16 bit and the 4 bit version of it.

Therefore do these steps.

Export the 16 bit wave you want to loop in the right 4 bit format.

Reimport this 4 bit wave into audiacity.

Lay this wave close to the 16 bit wave and you see, they are not exactly the same lengh,

and in the amount the 4 bit wave is longer, there is a little silence, wich ruins the loop.

Now make the 16 bit wave exactly the same lengh than the 4 bit wave.

This should only be 1 % to 3 % speedchanging the file, not way more, because then the tone changes too much.

In this case, you've got to find the next common lengh. To make it REALLY good :-).

Yes, and then export the 16 bit wavefile again to the TDU 4 bit format.

Then it has the right lengh.

You can prove that by again reimporting it, and comparing it.

You'll see the gap is not there anymore, so good looping.

It would be nice being able to work in audiacity in the 4 bit format directly.

Then without all these steps it would be very easier.

Nice day.

It sounds preety good. For now I've deleted sounds in all traffic cars. It's strange outside the car, but inside creates a nice feeling of isolation :)

• 1 year later...

hey jorge, I know this isn't the place but it seems the PM is broken for some reason, I am interested in your lexus lfa sound mod and e36 m3 both for tdu2 sound mods, I've been looking for them but couldn't find the ones made by you: (/watch?v=2yExjieSNJk - youtube link, can't post links) if they are paid sound mods then please let me know where to and I will gladly pay for them. Thanks. Regards

• 4 months later...

Hi speedshop14, i mean i'm not Jorge, AND it's not the right place for your comment.

Are you a big big fan of Jorge yes ?

Wow i've never heard of someone paying for a soundmod.

To me never someone donated money for my mods, so.

But hey, if you want, you can pay me some money too for my sounds,

if you are doing commercial right away for someone else in my thread,

with whom i had a little discussion with, hmm ?

And by the way. He is saying i would unbalance the game with that common.bnk carsound file, right.

He also changed this file, and does say it's highly recommended by him, to have this together with his enginesounds.

THAT's the reason, why he was complaining here.

My recommendation is, use my commoncar soundbooster with ANY soundmodder's enginesound you like.

You will have your favourite enginesound louder, without having annoying disturbing sounds being louder too.

That's what this mod is about, and not changing the original sounds, like in Jorge's commoncar soundfile.

He's not unbalancing it, no, he's replacing it. That's worse than unbalancing, no matter if he's doing it right.

--- Post Updated ---

Tnx magicV8..

• 4 years later...