We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

WIP/BETA Car slots Add-On V1.00 TDU

Tob-Racer

This is a poll (not a pole).  

50 members have voted

1. 1. This is a poll (not a pole).

• Make a car pack of 45 cars with mods from TDU's community.
    • Duplicate Atari's car slots so that you can install whatever you like.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest mate since TDUPE I'm totally lost on modding, but I think I understand what you're saying. :lol:

To be short, the idea is to duplicate Atari's car :) So you can replace the original VW Golf R32 with a Golf 3 GTI VR6 and my new duplicated Golf R32 slot, you can replace it with a Scirocco :) That means more space so more cars :D

EDIT: DELETED POLL

During all this time, I'll do the project N°2 as it won't affect the project 1 and it's easy to install mods on project 2 :D

That demands a lot more work if I copy all the original slots. The original game with the Megapack have around a 100 cars I think ? I can do that but it would be a couple of months later. At the moment, My target is to have 200 slots in TDU. So that would be a part 2 of this project. We can't have 500 cars because the biggest issue is the number of houses who limits the number of slots to something like 350 not sure. With Civicman's community megapack, I had to buy Half of the houses on the island. I bought all the houses who's got 10 slot available :lol:

I've looked into adding more cars, the main problem you'll run into is the lack of camera slots. I know I've stated this before but when adding 35-40 new cars in the unofficial megapack I ran into minor issues. When you're adding 45-90(if duplicates will be a thing) it can be very problematic.

The Ford GT40 for example was one of the cars I wanted to add, but because it doesn't have a feasible camera set I replaced it with another car with a more conventional set up.

I've looked into adding more cars, the main problem you'll run into is the lack of camera slots. I know I've stated this before but when adding 35-40 new cars in the unofficial megapack I ran into minor issues. When you're adding 45-90(if duplicates will be a thing) it can be very problematic.

The Ford GT40 for example was one of the cars I wanted to add, but because it doesn't have a feasible camera set I replaced it with another car with a more conventional set up.

It's time to add cam slots then.

Cameras.bin format support has been improved in latest TDUF release.

So maybe great time to try adding new ones ? Shall we need a dedicated research thread for that ?

Wonderful Tob, will this erase the physics we installed on different cars? Thanks

Yes it will. Maybe for the next versions, an installer will sorted that. About the Bugatti and the Facel, I'll have a look after I release V1.0 ;) The problem with both of these cars is it use 2 slots of the community megapack and my idea would be to make specific slot for these two beautiful classic cars.

If you don't want to loose your physics, just extract all your modded physics with TDUPE and reinstall them after. ;)

Ahahah :D 75 cars that's crazy ! Alright, no problem :cool:

Thanks a lot ! :) Well my future plans are

- Completely separate each vehicles to their common rims they share to another car (Like the Corvette Rims or the Gallardo HUD)

- Create two specific slots for the Bugatti Atlantic and the Facel Vega made by 2CVSUPERGT

- Add more slots

- Use the future cameras created by Djey

And in a more personal project

- Learn how to modify an installer path: Example, I would love to make TDUZoqqer's Aventadors have their own slots just by using the installer. I want the installer to replace the duplicated Murcielago I've created. :nods: --> EDIT: I'm having a look right now and it seems pretty easy. I'll explore that for a little.

That's it for now, I will probably find more in the future.

I havent tried tbh, almost no time and not much interest in tdu these days but i am sure it works :D

And i also wich you good luck with future plans :D

And my personal opinion is, make a deal with modders and someone else and make one huuuugeeeeeee megapack, so most of us will have same car in same slots.

Somehow its not much interesting when i drive 1M and another guy sees me driving some totaly different car.

I understand what you mean :) I fault of that but the poll is pretty clear up there and everyone have different taste. It could be up to two people install the same mod on the same slot.

About the 1M Coupe, it's already in the community megapack so you'll have more chance to see people in 1M than someone else in a BMW M6/Duplicated CLK 55 AMG slot. :D

Maybe in the future, someone will release a Big Megapack full of mods. Could be me. What I hope is to be able to install the complete list of mods from my other Big mod list thread. So then each car have their own slots and everyone is happy. It's quiet utopian that project to be honest :lol: