We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

WIP/BETA Car slots Add-On V1.00 TDU

Tob-Racer

This is a poll (not a pole).  

50 members have voted

1. 1. This is a poll (not a pole).

• Make a car pack of 45 cars with mods from TDU's community.
    • Duplicate Atari's car slots so that you can install whatever you like.

No problem ! :) Glad you happy !

Ibiza into TDU1 ? Well I would like too but I have really no idea :lol: No one have an idea at the moment. Maybe in 1 or 2 years time ?

I'm just a very early learner of modding, that's only 5 days I know how to duplicate slots :lol: It's very easy to do that. :nods:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry mate i didnt notice the poll.

1M was just an example, my biggest love <3

That would be nice, but i am sure it would need too much time and effort.

Or maybe soemone comes up with some speedy way to do it and someone make it in one day, and you have like 400 cars in tdu, lol, 20 gb of tdu mods.

Yea a lot of time is clearly required. 45 New slots + 45 New Rims it's a nice 10 Hours of work. I took my time but I was organised to go fast. So another 50 slots it's getting crazy. But my project here is not final, I would like to see where is the maximum. :hmmm:

I'm sure the future patches and evolution of Modding Tools will allow us to to create a new slot in a minute. We just need to find a way to make everything automatic. It's just the beginning all that :cool:

Yes, I highly recommended. Keep in mind that 45 new slots will ask you more spaces in the dealers. You can try without but I don't think it's gonna be very good for the stability of the database.

What's wrong with it ? It's easy to install, I've made a tuto on the same page, just scroll down and you will see all the instruction. Really, it's peace of cake to install :nods:

Are you running under Windows XP ? Because you gonna need the latest Microsoft Framework programs to make TDU Modding Tools work.

The other problem is you must have TDUMT because you have to set each new slots to a dealer, you have to buy the new cars. I've voluntary left that to the gamers so they could personalize the slots in every angle.

What's the problem exactly with Modding Tools ?

I am using Windows 8.1, just finish downloading and i added the aston martins name saab and they are invisible in the car dealers same with the cadillace and audi and edonis doesn't show up. I am still working on the rest, text you later. and thanks for the reply.

Hey Tob sorry for the late reply, all of them appears to be invisible and yes i did all correctly including bnk map. the auto dealers are all there but cars appear invisible all saabs and the ferrari laferrari, bently. I am using the project paradise with big bnk check but still all of them are invisible. Thank you for the reply.

Hey Tob sorry for the late reply, all of them appears to be invisible and yes i did all correctly including bnk map. the auto dealers are all there but cars appear invisible all saabs and the ferrari laferrari, bently. I am using the project paradise with big bnk check but still all of them are invisible. Thank you for the reply.

Okay. That's weird. Must be somewhere it didn't go well because it works perfectly. Check again, step by step if everything is install correctly and the parameters are set right.

Thanks civicman for testing my mod :)

Requirement and install order:

- Fully legit game, no crack !

1 Clean TDU, no mods installed.

2 Official Megapack

3 Offical Patch 1.66A

4 MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR COMPLETE GAME AND YOUR SAVEGAME

5 Patch 1.68b by Djey & 2CVSUPERGT

6 Project Paradise by Speeder

7 Community Megapack by civicmanvtec, fix 0.0.1 by Tsuka

8 Milli's Patch 1.3

9 JPTH's car slots dealer update

10 Launch the game before install my mod to see if everything works !

11 MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATABASE !

12 If everything works, then enjoy :happyroll:

DOWNLOAD LINK: Mediafire

Please report me all the bugs you find !

How to Install ?

- Just extract "Euro" in your Test Drive Unlimited Folder. Replace all the files.

- Make a Backup of VehiculesSlots.xml in your TDU Modding Tools folder and another backup for Cardata in your TDUPE folder.

- Extract VehiculesSlots.xml in "xml" inside your TDU Modding Tools folder

- Extract carData in your TDUPE folder

- In TDU Modding Tools, Go to File > Settings and set the culture to US - English !!!

- In TDUPE, Go to Settings > Locality and set it to "US" !!!

- Launch the game. -> If it crash, in Bnk/Database, copy DB_US and rename it to the normal game language you normally use. Example: DB_FR, DB_CH or DB_GEDon't forget to set the game in English !

EDIT: Looks like the poll is clear. Thanks to all who participate to the poll ! Enjoy the mod :happyroll: and don't forget to say thank you :D

I will make some improvement and add more slots in the future :cool: Stay tuned !

@nineo Glad you like it :) Enjoy !

@Leonhart No problem. Enjoy ! ;) Yes 37 of them. The triple of the SLR, Gallardo, CLK55, Skyline GTR, VW Golf, Edonis and Shelby GT500 are in black.

That's why it's important to have TDU Modding Tools because you can customize the colors to your taste. This mod is all about that :cool:

EDIT: Hi guys ! Does anyone tried to modify with TDUPE one duplicated slot and it's original sister to have two distinct cars ? Because I've got a problem with the original slot when I try to modify it's little brother:

Here is my 3rd SLR Mclaren duplicated slot with a Performance Pack I've imported. There, no problem

5UDipqy.jpg

And here is the original SLR Mclaren (Original Atari slot). I just click " load" and I didn't imported a tdupk file for this one. But I got the physics from the 3rd duplicated SLR.

TGxTaCz.jpg

cE2VQeD.jpg

Even if the slots are completely separated by all the values, there is a link between the original and the duplicated slot that I don't want. I've got the same problem with all my other duplicated slot. If I try to modify the original slot, It automatically switch for no reason to my duplicated one.

In TDU Modding Tools, I haven't got that problem. All the slots works perfectly. And in game, Everything is fine, I've got my SLS AMG, my SLR Stirling Moss and my original Atari SLR. But I just can't modify the physics of my original SLR in TDUPE.

I did have a look in my CarData.mdb and defaut.Hex if there was a problem but I think TDUPE it self isn't clever enough to deal with duplicated slots .

Anyone have an idea please ?

Hey Tob i got the same problem with the Ascari KZ1, when i try to modify the original, its physics goes to the duplicate using TDUPE, but when using TDUMT i can modify i but i can't type the specific name, i think the TDUPE needs an update or i don't know.

It already does have their own. That's the point of this mod :lol: That would have been useless If I just copied a slot and using it just for install a 3D model on it with physics from another car. :D You haven't tried TDU Modding Tools yet I imagine. If you have a look at it, you can clearly see the slots are separated. ;) You can assign different colors and other stuffs for differents slots. Modding Tools support great the new slots.

Hmmm i already tried the TDUMDT, i did on the ascari, i place a new default color on the original ascari and the duplicate stayed on in own color, i tried placning them on anoteher dealers and it work and renaming the original and it work but with TDUPE it doesn't work, the only thing i don't like with TDUMT is you can't rename a mod with my own specific name all are already given in a list which i don't want. Like for example Shelby Series 1 '06. Hey Tob i know you will solve this i trust you.:p