We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

CarMadMike

Hey,

With most people having smartphones in their pockets nowadays, and with the capabilities of these phones increasing every year parallel to the profits of the mobile gaming sector its easy to see this is an increasingly important part of the sector, so:

- What gaming apps do you have on your phone at the moment, did you pay for any? Are you interested in 'freemium' gaming?

- Do you prefer the arcade genre of gaming app on your phone or do you enjoy playing the large titles that have been transferred over? (GTA, Sims, NFS etc)

- Are you still in the 'i'm not paying 99p in an app store! Sod that extortionate amount' and then pay £2 for a can of coke you finish 30 seconds later?

Thanks, if this ends up being an OS fanboywar you'll each receive an invoice for the alcohol i'll need as a result. :duck:

I have lost interest in playing games so I don't have a single game on my Galaxy S5 that is probably supposed to be a pocket gaming rig with its full HD display and a quad core CPU. Also I don't have any games on my iPad anymore (which I barely use these days).

However, when I first got the phone in August, I was playing quite a lot as I had holidays and also was abroad and wasn't talking to anyone there so Asphalt 8 and Hill Climb Racing kept me entertained.

It's the same case with the iPad. Had quite a lot of free time even in the school. I had Real Racing 3 - 67 hours of playtime; GTA Vice City - lots of hours too, think I also had Need For Speed Most Wanted and Bad Piggies (SO MUCH FUN!!!) and mates were playing Fifa. That was, like, 2013.

I didn't pay for Fifa and GTA (jailbreak) because I didn't have my own credit card at that time and parents wouldn't let me get such a devil thing a game is in their humble opinion. If I still had the need to play, I'd pay for something really good - for example the aforementioned GTA. The best racing games (Asphalt, RR3) are all freemium so that's all good for me. Also, never spent a penny in freemium apps to get some kind of upgrades etc. Unnecessary in my opinion.

I don't go to the app store as often as I used to on iOS due to Google's layout and such to check out new apps and games. Might be the reason I don't have many apps installed in general... I know, weird.

All my apps on my phone are free. Polaris Office, Flipboard, FB/Messenger, VSCO Cam, SwiftKey, Adobe Reader, YouTube, Instagram, Soundcloud, Shazam... That's basically all I've currently got and all I need. No need to spend money. Though managed to snatch Runtastic Pro when they had a code giveaway. That's the only paid app I currently have. That I didn't pay for.

I would only pay for, and am considering doing so, Sygic navigation. Offline maps would be very useful for me. I don't even have mobile Internet (thanks, parents :rolleyes:) therefore Google Maps are worthless when I'm out. Unless I don't forget to download a little section of the area to the phone's memory.

Oh, just forgot I have actually two games on the phone! That easter egg game in Google Chrome where when you're out of the Internets you play a little game with a dinosaur. The second one is the default Lollipop game hidden in the settings. It's so hard to play that I've given up.

I just download any free games that look interesting haha, I currently have Paper Toss 2, Solitaire, Flow Free, Piano Tiles, 4 Pics 1 Word, 2048, Circle, and Car X Drift Racing. I don't really prefer a certain genre, I just play games that look interesting to me, and I don't spend money on mobile games, I would much rather spend it on a PC game tbh. Games on my phone are mainly for killing time when I am bored, especially if I am not at home.

Air Control ($) - haven't played in years

Dude Perfect ($) - occasionally play it

Golf Extreme ($) - haven't played in years

Pool Master Pro (free) - haven't played in years

Reckless Getaway ($) - good car game, haven't played in months

Virtual Table Tennis (free) - haven't played in years

Many others have been uninstalled along the way, including purchased ones.

Most purchased games were during a sale.

I was playing quite a lot as I had holidays and also was abroad and wasn't talking to anyone there so Asphalt 8 and Hill Climb Racing kept me entertained.

I think I have a genuine addiction to hill climb racing, I've got one and a half billion coins on it :leaves: It's a good time waster.

I also play The Simpsons Tapped out, which I bought for a few £, it has a lot of premium in-app content but I've managed to play for years without feeling like I need to purchase any.

I've played Asphalt 8, GTA, the Sims etc on my phone but I'm not sure they've got the final products just right yet. Phones, their capabilities etc are progressing but games don't seem to be progressing at the same rate. I'm open to big titles though, I have the 6 plus so the screen size isn't too much of a hindrance in whether I enjoy a game or not.

I don't mind freemium games, but I hate the thought of paying for a game and then being given the choice to wait for hours/days at a time to progress in the game or pay for some kind of currency to skip the waiting. I think that's bull. Put it in a freemium game sure, but if I pay for a game I want the entire game! /rant

At the moment I'm still playing Plague Inc, I think that's really it. :hmmm:

• 2 weeks later...