We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Codemasters: F1 2015

hassan1995

Following a dramatic start to this year’s FORMULA ONE™ season and just in time for the second round at the Malaysian Grand Prix we’re pleased to finally share with you some details on the official game of the 2015 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™.

F1TM 2015 is launching in June and you’ll be able to play it on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. As we’ve confirmed previously the game has been built on an all new version of EGO tailored to deliver the ultimate FORMULA ONE videogame experience and act as a significant step forward in the game’s visuals and physics-based handling model.

The new model delivers enhancements and additions in over 20 areas including engine and transmission, aero dynamics, fuel tank, force feedback, suspension and most notably a brand new tyre physics model – creating a truly breathtaking and realistic representation of how these cars handle on the track.

The buzz and excitement that surrounds each GRAND PRIX™ is incredible, and we wanted to transfer that to F1 2015 with an all-new broadcast style presentation that’ll deliver that unmistakable race-day weekend atmosphere of a GRAND PRIX™, complete with podium and grid sequences. You’ll be seeing all of this in the Championship Season mode, the brand new (and very challenging) Pro Season mode and of course Quick Race and Multiplayer too.

Using the voice recognition technology available for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles you’ll be able to interact with your race engineer like never before. Through in-game voice commands with Kinect for Xbox One and the PlayStation®Camera or compatible headsets for PlayStation 4 you can ask for race info, updates on the weather, tyre status, request tyres and even front wing changes… And that is just a few of the many options available.

We know a lot of our fans wanted to play F1 TM 2014 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, so as well as being the official videogame of the 2015 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP we’re also including the cars, drivers and tracks from the 2014 season as bonus content. All built from the ground up with our updated handling and new game features.

Here’s what Game Director, Paul Jeal had to say about the game -

“F1 2015 marks an exciting new chapter for Codemasters and FORMULA ONE; it’s a shift in direction for the game series, on new formats and our brand new game engine, with the game set to be released earlier in the season, launching this June,”

The handling is a vast improvement from our previous games. In particular our new tyre model is a superb step forward towards realism, letting you explore where the limit is and allowing you to instantly feel much more connected with the car. You can now experience the changes in grip caused by temperature changes, wear, car set-up, debris and weather conditions.

Our improved vehicle dynamics much more accurately convey the difference in performance and the feel between mechanical and aerodynamic grip. The new Force Feedback system adds to the feeling of connection with the car and track surface. The more natural and realistic nature of the game physics also serves to ensure that the racing experience is more accessible, enjoyable and rewarding for players of all skill levels.”

With the second race of the 2015 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP this weekend in Malaysia, the team is busy modelling the new 2015 cars and drivers in readiness for the game’s summer launch. You can see a tease of our first signed off 2015 content in our debut screenshots, as well as an early glimpse of the Mexican circuit. In addition to the 2015 season, we are also delighted to be able to offer the 2014 season as a bonus selectable season. Even this far out from our games release they truly show the power of our new game engine.”

This is looking good, the pro mode sounds interesting and could be useful if you have a kinect or the playstation accessories.

F1_2015_announce_screen_3.jpg

F1_2015_announce_screen_5.jpg

F1_2015_announce_screen_1.jpg

Source: Codemasters Blog

Added the source to your post :)

The inclusion of the 2014 drivers and cars is a great addition, my main complaint about F1 games is that they get a bit dull after a while as it's just F1 cars and F1 tracks compared to the huge variation in forza etc, but adding more than one year means this should be a good game :hmmm: I like how detailed the cars and tracks are looking.

:hmmm: I doubt it will come out in June as they usually delay the games till after the season has finished.

I might look into getting this though as it's been 5 years since I last had an F1 game. :mhmm:

And why did you post this twice? You donut. :p

Well they said they wanted to release it earlier in the season than the other games, so it hopefully won't get delayed.

Looks good. I still enjoy F1 2014 right now, its just a shame the season ended like a month after that game came out haha.

• 3 months later...

Interesting comparison of weather effects and graphics between F1 2010, 2011, 2014, & 2015.

I only purchased 2010 (on PC) but didn't touch it much.

Droplet on lens effects seems most realistic in 2014. (Comparing to when I ride in the rain)

Knew it would get delayed. :fp:

But at least it wasn't by much this time as it's released this Friday I think. Will probably be one that I wait for it to get a bit cheaper before I buy it. Maybe in the Prime sale if it's included.

• 2 weeks later...
This game is rushed. Seriously, i enjoyed the F1 games back then in 90's than now. :rolleyes:

they're pretty much all the same there is nothing new developed so I'd say it's not rushed. It's like saying the new fifa is rushed.

I don't think I've enjoyed a single f1 game for more than 15 mins, especially after the one that broke my wheel... you owe me big time codemasters