We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey: TDU Community PATCH 2.00A

Djey

They are missing in carData.mdb so they don't appear. Is there an issue when saving car with TDUPE?

If TDUPE crashes when saving, make sure to give a value to Engine position, Front brakes Type and Rear brakes Type,

Anyway, you can edit carData.mdb with MS Access, and add hud and rims by yourself.

Else I will update file for next release if necessary.

Hey Djey,

I think i identified the miscreant - it's the physics.

I deleted my C:\modded Test Drive Unlimited folder again, copied it anew from the backup, installed your community patch and installed the porsche.

I launched TDU and it worked, I could drive around etc.

I quit the game, adjusted the TDUMT settings, did the same thing again - started TDU, it worked, I left the game to complete the installation.

I opened TDUPE, loaded Kvrt's physics file onto Slot "TDUCP Car Model 3000", checked if all things were set up, saved and exited.

And then, bam, TDU, again, won't start.

Here's my database files, I hope you can find the error...

Best wishes!

Hey Djey,

It's me. Got another problem of sorts - I can't save in TDUPE when I try to "handcraft " physic settings. I always get an error. However if I import physics I can save just fine.

Also, I can edit basic physics (engine type, displacement etc) in TDUMT's vehicle manager and can actually load into the game and visit the shops I assigned a car to, but it isn't there.

To give a concrete example, I added the Toyota 2000GT and for experimental purposes, set it to the Nissan shop. The map shows an increase from 5 to 6 cars and I also see the Toyota emblem on the mini map, but when I visit the store, the 2000GT ain't there. Any idea?

Best regards.

EDIT:

Also, when I stop by the Ohau Cars where the Hennesey Viper etc are sold, all I get is the default cars.

There are 3 items which are not okay between TDUCP slots and TDUPE still:

- engine location

- front brakes type

- rear brakes type

Try to select an existing 'drop down' value for each item before saving in TDUPE (e.g, center, discs, discs)

How many vehicles in Nissan tuner ? It might be full (try with japan imports at south east)

So for each car that I manually or with an imported physics-file I have to select the Engine and breaks again before saving which should fix the problem?

Well, 5 without my Toyota. I'll try the South-east vendor though.

EDIT:

Allright, I put the Toyota to the Japan Import Vendor and I can drive it! It's there!:happyroll:

However, even if I assign the engine mount and the breaks in TDUPE, it still gives me this error - message (The message is in German. I'll translated it so the translation might not be useable):

------------------------------------------------------------------

Dredgy's TDU Performance Editor - 2.77

Unattanded exception in the Application. Click on "Continue" to ignore the error and continue with the application. If you click on "End", the Application will terminate instantly.

The object reference wasn't specified for an object instance.

-----------------------------

Here's the detailled text, I translated the German parts.

"

Information about opening JIT-Debugging instead of this dialoge can be found at the end of the message.

************** Text of Exception**************

System.NullReferenceException: The object reference wasn't specified for an object instance.

at TDUeditor.Form1.saveCar(String dataLine)

at TDUeditor.Form1.saveCarButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.KryptonButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.KryptonButton.OnButtonClick(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ButtonController.OnClick(MouseEventArgs e)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ButtonController.MouseUp(Control c, Point pt, MouseButtons button)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewBase.MouseUp(Point pt, MouseButtons button)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewBase.MouseUp(Point pt, MouseButtons button)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewManager.MouseUp(MouseEventArgs e, Point rawPt)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.VisualControlBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.VisualControlBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblys **************

mscorlib

Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.

Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400).

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.

----------------------------------------

TDUeditor

Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.

Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Privat/Downloads/TDU%20Modding/tdupe%202.77/TDUeditor.exe.

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.

ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit

Assembly-Version: 4.2.0.0.

Win32-Version: 4.2.0.0.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Privat/Downloads/TDU%20Modding/tdupe%202.77/ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.DLL.

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.

mscorlib.resources

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll.

System.Windows.Forms.resources

Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

DjeFramework1

Assembly-Version: 1.0.3738.25971.

Win32-Version: 1.0.3738.25971.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Privat/Downloads/TDU%20Modding/tdupe%202.77/DjeFramework1.DLL.

TDUModdingLibrary

Assembly-Version: 1.0.3738.25971.

Win32-Version: 1.0.3738.25971.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Privat/Downloads/TDU%20Modding/tdupe%202.77/TDUModdingLibrary.DLL.

System.Transactions

Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll.

System.EnterpriseServices

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll.

************** JIT-Debugging **************

To activate JIT-Debugging, the JIT-Debugging value must be set in the configuration file of the

application or the PC itself (machine.config) in the section system.windows.forms.

The application has to be compiled with active debugging.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

If JIT-Debugging is actuvated, all not attended exeptions will be send to the locally

registered JIT-Debugger and will not be shown in this dialog.

Here is an update TDUPE's carData.mdb file with following fixes :

- added 'unknown' values (engine location, brake types)

- added huds and rims for new slots (3001->3100 and 4001->4020)

It will be included in next release, as well.

Before saving car in TDUPE, check if Model and Sub Model (last tab : Name Editor) are correct : left column(Text Value) must contain something. If this is empty, game will crash. So give a value in ID which points to an existing name.

Alternatively, you can change model name and version name with TDUMT if you are not comfortable with this.

Edit:

Just opened Kvrt's Porsche GT3 RS Physics, and I saw the issue. If you apply it, game willl search a car name and sub model names that do not exist. These physics are not compatible with TDUCP and should be fixed by the user.

Hey Djey,

what I did now with my 2000GT was to edit the TDUCP 3011 (the slot which the car uses) in the database resources too 2000 and GT respectively, entered those in the PE name editor, saved and it WORKS.

HOWEVER, I see it as "Toyota TDUCP Model 3011 Version 3011" ingame, not as "Toyota 2000 GT".

I also re-assigned the names in TDUMT's Vehicle manager, but no luck.

Anyhow, that's a bit of an annoyance, once that would be nice to be able to fix, but I'm VERY grateful that you guided me through my troubles and I'm now able to properly add and modify cars!

Aside from the problem with the name, I also need to figure out why every car I added is blue.

Thank you!

Name issue occurs if selected tdumt/tdupe country is not the same as your save game. Please check This before changing names.

Color issue is not a real one, blue is the default color for new slots. You can change this and add new colors with tdumt

Alright.

Got a new problem now however.

my savegame is in German, so I switched TDUMT and TDUPE's locality to German and re-assigned the slots etc.

I also set the car, in this case the 911 GT3 RS 4.0 to the empty German independent dealer.

The thing is, the game loads up but neither the car nor the showroom do show up on the map.

If I switch back to the US locale the car's there but the name's all messed up.

Best regards.

Hi Djey

Well i found another bug and it's the Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24v, the problems is that you can rename the car according to your taste but when in game the car's name is still an Alfa Romeo and this goes all 3 Technical kits.

I really like this patch Djey since it make TDU start faster and the physics are much better, pls kindly check that car again, thank you. I use TDUPE and TDU modding tools both have the same effect on that car and pls can you make it that each car can be replace with according to our choice, thanks again.

Cheers and wishing you all the very best.

Alright.

Got a new problem now however.

my savegame is in German, so I switched TDUMT and TDUPE's locality to German and re-assigned the slots etc.

I also set the car, in this case the 911 GT3 RS 4.0 to the empty German independent dealer.

The thing is, the game loads up but neither the car nor the showroom do show up on the map.

If I switch back to the US locale the car's there but the name's all messed up.

Best regards.

I don't think it's the patch's fault.

You car did not appear as something (a tool ?) has changed the car file name :

so the game was trying to load Porsche.bnk files instead of TDUCP_3000.bnk, for US or GE languages only ...

Model and submodel names can be changed freely, other names (files etc) should not as they are essential to good functioning of the game.

Might be due to a bug in TDUPE.

Maybe time to use newer tool as TDUF ?

I've fixed database in attachment below. Let me know if that works.

Hi Djey

Well i found another bug and it's the Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24v, the problems is that you can rename the car according to your taste but when in game the car's name is still an Alfa Romeo and this goes all 3 Technical kits.

I really like this patch Djey since it make TDU start faster and the physics are much better, pls kindly check that car again, thank you. I use TDUPE and TDU modding tools both have the same effect on that car and pls can you make it that each car can be replace with according to our choice, thanks again.

Cheers and wishing you all the very best.

I've added 100+ new slots to stop replacing original TDU cars ... So use the TDUCP slots instead, please we are not in 2010 anymore.

The 3 Alfas are linked by the same names indeed, so that's a waste of time trying to create independent slots for this.

Hey.

Yes, it does work!

Lastly and then everything should be alright, one more thing. Can you please check the database I sent you and tell me, if I did something wrong?

Asking cause I added the 250 Testa Rossa and it does show up at the European classics dealer.

But in the shop it's invincible. I can drive it, but it falls into the floor, glitches the camera and only once I reset it to the streets it's alright to drive. Until it hits a hundred km/h before it stops accelerating.

I love your work and your willingness to tackle problems and communicate with those who have problems. You're a role model for every modder!