We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey: TDU Community PATCH 2.00A

Djey

• 2 months later...

Hello dear Sirs, I verify that traffic disappears going from the main south city to upper part of Hawaii. And when it happens and I try to quit the game, it hangs at the last screen.

And one showroom contains 6 same cars.

I use windows 7 x64, TDU from the dvd (virtual/perfect copy), have no idea what kind of region it is. Official carmegapack and latest full CP. No mods or tools, I am only interested in fixes that Atari failled to deliver.

Also I get an error message when I try to apply HD script. Two errors that doesn't tell anything with exit codes 0. Using latest Java. Will copy - paste the log in 12hours.

.Initializing, please wait...

(i) TDUF location: C:\Games\TDU\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf

(i) TDUF version: 1.9.0-SNAPSHOT

.Setting mode to HD300...

.Patching game files, please wait...

*1-Patch HD Level Data HI*

[CMD] "C:\Games\TDU\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf\tools\tdumt-cli\tdumt-cli.exe" BANK-R "C:\Games\TDU\.\Euro\Bnk\Level\Hawai\CommonWorld.bnk" D:\Eden-Prog\Games\TestDrive\Resources\4Build\PC\EURO\Level\Hawai\Common\Library\.3DD\Library "C:\Games\TDU\.\TDUCP-PATCHHD-installer\files\HD300\Library.3DD"

[iNFO] {}

[ERROR]

*2-Patch HD Level Data LO*

[CMD] "C:\Games\TDU\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf\tools\tdumt-cli\tdumt-cli.exe" BANK-R "C:\Games\TDU\.\Euro\Bnk\Level\Hawai\CommonWorldDiv2.bnk" D:\Eden-Prog\Games\TestDrive\Resources\4Build\PC\EURO\Level\Hawai\Common\Library\.3DD\Library "C:\Games\TDU\.\TDUCP-PATCHHD-installer\files\HD300\Library.3DD"

[code] 0

[iNFO] {}

[ERROR]

*3-Patch HD FX.ini*

.All done!

Thank You in advance for your time.

• 2 weeks later...

Well since no one has replied, I assume people are busy or they simply don't know what to say. TDU CP 2.00A release 3 is my first ever community patch I've tried, I don't use any mods. If you start a new game or just want to race offline this patch introduces more bugs and crashes when it actually fixes. I have no idea why developer has put "stable" label to it.

One Chevrolet only race is unplayable, because it just hangs at the lineup screen, every single time.

More than half G category races either hang or crash. Restarting the game and trying to play them again usually works if not the first, then second time.

AI traffic is much worse than original. After 5 - 10 mins of the game it disappears, making next race to crash.

Car showrooms introduce crashes too. Not so often though.

One car showroom, has an invisible car.

Many times it has crashed on Millionaires challenge after 29 minutes of driving.

And additional random crashes in random races.

Without TDU CP 2.00A release 3, none of those are present. Community patch renders this game totally unplayable. And TDU by itself is not the most stable or bug-free game either. It's a big WARNING, to NEW users of this patch. I have no idea why these things were not addressed. I use UK version of the game + patch 1.66a + carmegapack.

Well since no one has replied, I assume people are busy or they simply don't know what to say. TDU CP 2.00A release 3 is my first ever community patch I've tried, I don't use any mods. If you start a new game or just want to race offline this patch introduces more bugs and crashes when it actually fixes. I have no idea why developer has put "stable" label to it.

One Chevrolet only race is unplayable, because it just hangs at the lineup screen, every single time.

More than half G category races either hang or crash. Restarting the game and trying to play them again usually works if not the first, then second time.

AI traffic is much worse than original. After 5 - 10 mins of the game it disappears, making next race to crash.

Many times it has crashed on Millionaires challenge after 29 minutes of driving.

Without TDU CP 2.00A release 3, none of those are present. Community patch renders this game totally unplayable. And TDU by itself is not the most stable or bug-free game either. It's a big WARNING, to NEW users of this patch. I have no idea why these things were not addressed. I use UK version of the game + patch 1.66a + carmegapack.

I'd reply, but i don't use Patch 2.00 aswell. I use 1.68b. But the changes i've made on the database since i installed it is massive, that i don't remember how it was when i installed.

All i can say is, all races are working and so are traffic. Maybe you should give it a try.

I'd reply, but i don't use Patch 2.00 aswell. I use 1.68b. But the changes i've made on the database since i installed it is massive, that i don't remember how it was when i installed.

All i can say is, all races are working and so are traffic. Maybe you should give it a try.

I definitely will. Thank You. Only need a working link. Found it.

Wow what a kind feedback, I appreciate! Or not :)

just for your information, even if this project is stopped, I would not put a stable label if it was not; I test every single of change I've made into this piece of crap. Literally.

So ya, you seem to be the first person having such issues with this version - or the single one having downloaded it. Sorry so :D

Good luck with patch 1.68b, have fun! And beware, I've also made it so it might not work as expected.

Kind regards.

just for your information, even if this project is stopped, I would not put a stable label if it was not; I test every single of change I've made into this piece of crap. Literally.

So ya, you seem to be the first person having such issues with this version - or the single one having downloaded it. Sorry so :D

Good luck with patch 1.68b, have fun! And beware, I've also made it so it might not work as expected.

Kind regards.

I'm aware that You've created both of those patches. I'm also aware that You donated a lot of your time to make TDU better. But if read all this thread, You can see that I'm not the only one reporting these problems. I may be the one who put more salt than others in a very direct way.

1.68b have none of those problems I've mentioned.

And I would love if we cooperated to track down what is causing all of that.

Kind regards.

Dude its not working on me :'( idk why

Lucky. Well I've followed the instructions, maybe instructions are wrong? Maybe you did it in a different way? Maybe...

Clean installation, I'even removed registry, program data and profile folders. Installed from scratch. Patched. Then megapack. Then full CP. Result - unplayable.

Namek, any news concerning your issues ?

Using John Jorell suggestion, I did what was told. I've played about an hour or two. Traffic disappeared and crashed. This time, I haven't used included HD patch. And will stop playing 2.00A further, unless someone will help me to find the cause and solution, because it's very annoying and time wasting. Until then 1.68b only.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello everyone,

I'm new. I just discovered TDU (well, kind off).

I found a guide on the internet that listed some mods/patches for it.

I installed the base game, the car mega pack, the patch 1.68b.

The guide said to make sure that the game runs before the last step. So I did, and it ran fine.

Then I proceeded to install this patch 2.00a. I made a backup of my TDU install, then I extracted the contents of the patch 2.00a update into my TDU install dir.

Then I ran the TDUCP-2.00A-install.cmd (I got admin rights, yes), but it's giving me a funny error I don't understand.

Here is the log...

[spoiler=TDUCP-install.log (3,88 KB)]

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedClass$3$1 (file:/E:/Test%20Drive%20Unlimited/TDUCP-lib/tducp-scripts-all-2.00A.jar) to method java.lang.Object.finalize()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedClass$3$1
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
.Initializing, please wait...
(i) TDUF location:  E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf
(i) TDUF version: 1.9.0-SNAPSHOT

.Patching game files, please wait...

*1-Menu HI*
[CMD]  "E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf\tools\tdumt-cli\tdumt-cli.exe" BANK-R "E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\FrontEnd\HiRes\LOG_IN.bnk" D:\Eden-Prog\Games\TestDrive\Resources\4Build\PC\EURO\FrontEnd\LOG_IN\.2db\fla_0013 "E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\files\patches\textures-high\fla_0013.2db"
[code] 0
[iNFO] {}

[ERROR]

*2-Menu LO*
[CMD]  "E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf\tools\tdumt-cli\tdumt-cli.exe" BANK-R "E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\FrontEnd\LowRes\LOG_IN.bnk" D:\Eden-Prog\Games\TestDrive\Resources\4Build\PC\EURO\FrontEnd\LOG_IN\.2db\fla_0013 "E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\files\patches\textures-low\fla_0013.2db"
[code] 0
[iNFO] {}

[ERROR]

*3-Brand logos*
[CMD]  "E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf\tools\tdumt-cli\tdumt-cli.exe" BANK-RX "E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\FrontEnd\AllRes\LogoTexturePage.bnk" "E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\files\patches\banksReplace_LOGO_TEX.json"
[code] 0
[iNFO] {}

[ERROR]

*4-Patch HD Level Data HI*
[CMD]  "E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf\tools\tdumt-cli\tdumt-cli.exe" BANK-R "E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\Level\Hawai\CommonWorld.bnk" D:\Eden-Prog\Games\TestDrive\Resources\4Build\PC\EURO\Level\Hawai\Common\Library\.3DD\Library "E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\files\patches\Library.3DD"
[code] 0
[iNFO] {}

[ERROR]

*5-Patch HD Level Data LO*
[CMD]  "E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf\tools\tdumt-cli\tdumt-cli.exe" BANK-R "E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\Level\Hawai\CommonWorldDiv2.bnk" D:\Eden-Prog\Games\TestDrive\Resources\4Build\PC\EURO\Level\Hawai\Common\Library\.3DD\Library "E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\files\patches\Library.3DD"
[code] 0
[iNFO] {}

[ERROR]

.Copying new game files, please wait...

.Patching database, please wait...
[CMD] java -cp "E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf\tools\lib\tduf-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" fr.tduf.cli.tools.DatabaseTool unpack-all -d "E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\Database" -j "E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\current"
[code] 1
[iNFO] -> TDU database directory: E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\Database
Unpacking TDU database to E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\current, please wait...
Done unpacking.
-> Source directory: C:\Windows\libUnlimited-databaseBank7170250276690028657
Dumping TDU database to JSON, please wait...

-> JSON database directory: E:\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\current
Now loading database...
 .Database loading just ended: 2 error(s).

-> Integrity errors (2):
 (!)Item count information is not same as actual item count: {Source Topic=CLOTHES, Actual Count=244, Expected Count=245}
 (!)Item count information is not same as actual item count: {Source Topic=CAR_RIMS, Actual Count=269, Expected Count=270}

[ERROR] java.lang.Exception: Integrity check found errors!
  at fr.tduf.cli.tools.DatabaseTool.unpackAll(DatabaseTool.java:334)
  at fr.tduf.cli.tools.DatabaseTool.commandDispatch(DatabaseTool.java:170)
  at fr.tduf.cli.tools.GenericTool.doMain(GenericTool.java:50)
  at fr.tduf.cli.tools.DatabaseTool.main(DatabaseTool.java:141)

:cry: Kindly, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Regards -- and thank you.

Hi,

there's some integrity issues in your database apparently (even if the game seems to run). TDUCP update won't patch database with failures.

Since you're starting TDU from scratch, why don't you just use FULL TDUCP 2.0 over clean TDU Install ? (with Megapack if you have?). Don't install 1.68B as 2.00 includes everything.

That is explained in the OP, I think.

Hello,

I'll do as you say. Later today (once back home) I'll uninstall and reinstall TDU.

Then I'll apply the car Megapack followed by the patch 2.00a Full.

I'll come back to report the outcome.

Thank you for the assistance :)