We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey: TDU Community PATCH 2.00A

Djey

Back again o_O

a few years ago I shelved this game because of problems I couldn't cope with. Patch 2.00a appears to have fixed most of them -- for which I'm grateful! :notworthy:

In the past hours I've resumed my old saved game, to test whether the problems were gone completely.

I had left 6 (six) car delivery challenges undone because I couldn't score a Perfect in them, due to the car taking damage along the road.

With patch 2.00a I've played those challenges, getting a Perfect in each... except one.

type: Car Delivery

name: Kevin

car: Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing

(car color: silver-gray)

Starting at ~12.3 Km (or 7.5 Miles) from destination, immediately after crossing a 'Y' junction where the road is flat, there are lots of spots where the car takes minuscule amounts of damage. Driving at low speed (70 Km/h or ~43.5 mph)..., staying well inside the asphalt strip..., attempting to drive on the left side of the road... is no use. It's as if the car goes off-road for a moment.

With this save I'm playing at Expert level. Kevin is the 26th and last Car Delivery challenge available to me, after which there'd be 4 more that I can't yet see.

Is there a fix or workaround for the problem?

Please? :(

Hi,

I think that it's due to very raw road layout in this video game: some collision occur when ground passes through the 3D road object - or road object has not been smoothed correctly! Thus vehicle is hurt when driving onto it.

The solution would be to fix those damaged places with World Editor... but we are way too far from doing this :cry:

Otherwise, you could tune 300SL Merc physics in database and adjust ride height, suspensions to reduce shocks ... I'm not expert on this subject though.

(these tools may help you: TDU Performance Editor, or TDUF)

Hello,

I'm not aware of the details of patch 2.00a, but whatever it's done it has positively affected those challenges that couldn't be completed with a Perfect.

Somehow the changes didn't apply to Kevin's challenge, though.

In the end I completed the challenge with a Perfect, but to do it I gave a wide berth to the suggested course (no!) to the whole mountain I was supposed to cross.

Instead of going West-South-West I went far off to the South-East, taking the highway until I hit the town.

From there I followed the GPS, which took me back, but now had me follow the coastline.

Believe me I drove fast, pedal-to-the-metal, highest gear, with little concern about the car's safety. Why, with such a long journey I was sure to take damage at some point -- but it didn't happen.

I think I ran for 120+ km, speeding across half the island back and forth -- and yet I preserved the car.

So the problem are definitely the roads, like you said, and raising the ride's height might solve the issue.

After Kevin's I was able to complete 2 more Car Deliveries. Now I'm at 28/30. The remaining 2 challenges aren't showing up.

Ciao ciao :)

(and goodnight!)

P.S. = what is TDUF?

Djey: TDUF Toolset [1.12]

Yes, TDUF brings many tools, including Database Editor. That's the very first graphical tool allowing to modify any item in TDU database.

TDUF is not easy to master, as it was as first destined to modders and researchers.

Concerning patch content itself, the only change which could affect collisions is the PATCH HD part (optional), which changes distance at which different objects will appear. But even with it I'm not sure :)

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello dears drivers, i'm pretty new to this forum (and in modding TDU on PC), really enjoy to see all the work done with this community patch.

Unfortunately I encoutered some stranges bugs in game and during the installation. In fact, I have the same problems as namek

During freeroaming, sometimes after 5 or 10 minutes to ride, all the traffic disapear, and then the game crash after the next save ( in general, it happened when i'm going back home and going to garage, or simply launch a race from the map). Strangely, i played almost 2 hours without any issues at the begining, and since i've bought a house in the nord section of the island, problems starts to appear.

Also during the installation of the HD Patch, the log display this after it say "all done"

.Initializing, please wait...
(i) TDUF location:  D:\Games\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf
(i) TDUF version: 1.9.0-SNAPSHOT

.Setting mode to HDU...

.Patching game files, please wait...

*1-Patch HD Level Data HI*
[CMD]  "D:\Games\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf\tools\tdumt-cli\tdumt-cli.exe" BANK-R "D:\Games\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\Level\Hawai\CommonWorld.bnk" D:\Eden-Prog\Games\TestDrive\Resources\4Build\PC\EURO\Level\Hawai\Common\Library\.3DD\Library "D:\Games\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-PATCHHD-installer\files\HDU\Library.3DD"

[INFO] {}

[ERROR]

*2-Patch HD Level Data LO*
[CMD]  "D:\Games\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf\tools\tdumt-cli\tdumt-cli.exe" BANK-R "D:\Games\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\Level\Hawai\CommonWorldDiv2.bnk" D:\Eden-Prog\Games\TestDrive\Resources\4Build\PC\EURO\Level\Hawai\Common\Library\.3DD\Library "D:\Games\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-PATCHHD-installer\files\HDU\Library.3DD"
[CODE] 0
[INFO] {}

[ERROR]

*3-Patch HD FX.ini*

.All done!
Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer...

Any idea what is the origin of this "error" ? I tried mutliple reinstallation, compatibility mod, tweaks from the community, ... but nothing has work at this point. 

I'm running a legal copy with a nocd crack, on Windows 10 64bits Fammilly.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help.

PS : appologies for my bad writhing of english, been a long time since I wrothe something on the shakespeare language.

Guest Vyniril

I recently got the Vitality crack and have updated it to 1.66A. I downloaded the 2.00 patch and it keeps failing the installation. If I try running the game after it fails to run, it just crashes. Here's the log:

.Initializing, please wait...
(i) TDUF location:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf
(i) TDUF version: 1.9.0-SNAPSHOT

.Patching game files, please wait...

*1-Menu HI*
[CMD]  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf\tools\tdumt-cli\tdumt-cli.exe" BANK-R "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\FrontEnd\HiRes\LOG_IN.bnk" D:\Eden-Prog\Games\TestDrive\Resources\4Build\PC\EURO\FrontEnd\LOG_IN\.2db\fla_0013 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\files\patches\textures-high\fla_0013.2db"

[INFO] {}

[ERROR]

*2-Menu LO*
[CMD]  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf\tools\tdumt-cli\tdumt-cli.exe" BANK-R "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\FrontEnd\LowRes\LOG_IN.bnk" D:\Eden-Prog\Games\TestDrive\Resources\4Build\PC\EURO\FrontEnd\LOG_IN\.2db\fla_0013 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\files\patches\textures-low\fla_0013.2db"
[CODE] 0
[INFO] {}

[ERROR]

*3-Brand logos*
[CMD]  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf\tools\tdumt-cli\tdumt-cli.exe" BANK-RX "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\FrontEnd\AllRes\LogoTexturePage.bnk" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\files\patches\banksReplace_LOGO_TEX.json"
[CODE] 0
[INFO] {}

[ERROR]

*4-Patch HD Level Data HI*
[CMD]  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf\tools\tdumt-cli\tdumt-cli.exe" BANK-R "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\Level\Hawai\CommonWorld.bnk" D:\Eden-Prog\Games\TestDrive\Resources\4Build\PC\EURO\Level\Hawai\Common\Library\.3DD\Library "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\files\patches\Library.3DD"
[CODE] 0
[INFO] {}

[ERROR]

*5-Patch HD Level Data LO*
[CMD]  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf\tools\tdumt-cli\tdumt-cli.exe" BANK-R "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\Level\Hawai\CommonWorldDiv2.bnk" D:\Eden-Prog\Games\TestDrive\Resources\4Build\PC\EURO\Level\Hawai\Common\Library\.3DD\Library "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\files\patches\Library.3DD"
[CODE] 0
[INFO] {}

[ERROR]

.Copying new game files, please wait...

.Patching database, please wait...
[CMD] java -cp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf\tools\lib\tduf-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" fr.tduf.cli.tools.DatabaseTool unpack-all -d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\Database" -j "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\current"
[CODE] 0
[INFO] -> TDU database directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\Database
Unpacking TDU database to C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\current, please wait...
Done unpacking.
-> Source directory: C:\Windows\libUnlimited-databaseBank8347365967205299259
Dumping TDU database to JSON, please wait...

-> JSON database directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\current
Now loading database...
  .Database loading just ended: 0 error(s).

> All done!

[ERROR]
[CMD] java -cp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf\tools\lib\tduf-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" fr.tduf.cli.tools.DatabaseTool apply-patches -j "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\current" -o "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\current" -p "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\patches"
[CODE] 0
[INFO] -> Source database directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\current
-> Mini patches directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\patches
Patching TDU database, please wait...
-> Mini patch file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\patches\0-clean.mini.json
-> Patch properties: not provided
-> Mini patch file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\patches\ACHIEVEMENTS.mini.json
-> Mini patch file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\patches\BOTS-BUGFIX-0-remove-bots-unlocked-vehicles.mini.json
-> Mini patch file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\patches\BOTS.mini.json
-> Mini patch file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\patches\BRANDS.mini.json
-> Mini patch file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\patches\CAR_COLORS.mini.json
-> Mini patch file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\patches\CAR_PACKS.mini.json
-> Mini patch file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\patches\CAR_PHYSICS_DATA.mini.json
-> Mini patch file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\patches\CAR_RIMS.mini.json
-> Mini patch file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\patches\CAR_SHOPS-BUGFIX-0-add-saturn-back.mini.json
-> Mini patch file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\patches\CAR_SHOPS.mini.json
-> Mini patch file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\patches\CLOTHES.mini.json
-> Mini patch file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\patches\INTERIOR.mini.json
-> Mini patch file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\patches\RIMS.mini.json
Writing patched database to C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\current, please wait...
> All done!

[ERROR]
[CMD] java -cp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf\tools\lib\tduf-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" fr.tduf.cli.tools.DatabaseTool repack-all -j "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\current" -o "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\Database"
[CODE] 0
[INFO] -> JSON database directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\current
Generating TDU database files, please wait...
-> Source directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\current
Generating TDU database from JSON, please wait...

Repacking TDU database files, please wait...
> All done!

[ERROR]

.Patching cameras, please wait...
[CMD] java -cp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-lib\tduf\tools\lib\tduf-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" fr.tduf.cli.tools.CameraTool copy-sets -i "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\Database\cameras.bin" -o "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\Database\cameras.bin" -b "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\cameras.txt"
[CODE] 1
[INFO] > Will use Cameras file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\Euro\Bnk\Database\cameras.bin
> Done reading cameras.
> Will use batch identifiers file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\.\TDUCP-2.00A-installer\database\cameras.txt
> Done reading identifiers.

[ERROR] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown source camera identifier: 298
    at fr.tduf.libunlimited.low.files.bin.cameras.helper.CamerasHelper.duplicateCameraSet(CamerasHelper.java:41)
    at fr.tduf.libunlimited.low.files.bin.cameras.helper.CamerasHelper.lambda$batchDuplicateCameraSets$0(CamerasHelper.java:67)
    at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
    at fr.tduf.libunlimited.low.files.bin.cameras.helper.CamerasHelper.batchDuplicateCameraSets(CamerasHelper.java:65)
    at fr.tduf.cli.tools.CameraTool.copySets(CameraTool.java:154)
    at fr.tduf.cli.tools.CameraTool.commandDispatch(CameraTool.java:94)
    at fr.tduf.cli.tools.GenericTool.doMain(GenericTool.java:50)
    at fr.tduf.cli.tools.CameraTool.main(CameraTool.java:84)

• 6 months later...

No, Platinum cannot be patched with 2.0 and has its own functioning.

2.0 offers a genuine game experience, with sandbox to add vehicle mods by yourself. As such, theyr are not compatible.

To enjoy best of both worlds, you should use 2 different TDU installs. But save games won't be fully compatible either. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, sharemods is not worse than any other free dl hosting site. It has the advantage to provide better rate than some rapid gator like, which is welcome for bigger files. 

Generally it is not an issue when using Adblock extension or similar. What people do on sharemods (eg theft to make money on dls) is not my issue. The small amount of money I get there is less than nothing and allows me to buy a beer from time to time... 

Anyway I could host the files here as well, of course. Maybe I will in the coming days.

On 9/3/2020 at 2:25 AM, Djey said:

sharemods is not worse

It is. This shithole of a hosting does not working with adblock and forcing it's users to shut it off to push it's ad-shit.

it is not an issue

Yes it is

The small amount of money I get there is less than nothing and allows me to buy a beer from time to time...

Oh, that's the reason! 🙂

is not my issue

It's all yours now, man!) Choosing most toxic way to monetize your work making you an asshole 🙂

So go live with it.

Anyway, all of this relieves me all of responsibility, so i will rehost your file somewhere for a better availability for everyone and will use it in my torrent

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Enjoy XD

Any tries to report or remove this post or file will make you more asshole 🙂

Wow, what a clever response from your part, and you dare using word ass hole in my direction ? I try to be honest at least and did not have any issue for years with anyone ... until you!  I fell like havng wasted my time trying to provide any kind of explanation to  someone like you.

Anyway thanks for the upload and the kind words. Now I'm crying. Happy?

Make 1% of the effort I've put for this community and we'll talk again. Maybe.

Oh, and please avoid insulting people who try their best to  consider others... world is not as huge as you think. Maybe one day you might need help along the roadside.

Kind regards 😄

4 hours ago, Uncle Biba said:

It is. This shithole of a hosting does not working with adblock and forcing it's users to shut it off to push it's ad-shit.

Yes it is

Oh, that's the reason! 🙂

It's all yours now, man!) Choosing most toxic way to monetize your work making you an asshole 🙂

So go live with it.

Anyway, all of this relieves me all of responsibility, so i will rehost your file somewhere for a better availability for everyone and will use it in my torrent

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Enjoy XD

It is very clear that you have no appreciation for what the modders have done for those of us who do not know how to do it. They spend their time and effort, the least you could do is be grateful instead of insulting.

4 hours ago, Uncle Biba said:

Yes it is

Oh, that's the reason! 🙂

So go live with it.

Enjoy XD

this is your first warning for cursing

I have went ahead and removed your link, what you said is disrespect to the developer

you have the right to choose to download or not download it, and they have right to choose however they want to distribute their work or even charge money for it

you're not entitled to demand how they going to deliver a product to you for free, if you don't like it, build it yourself

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, I see 2 issues here:

- TDU gold, I could not test TDUCP on it so it might be a compatibility issue

- which operating system are you on? Because patch hd installer requires mono to be installed, and that's the case on Linux.