We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How many steering wheels did you waste playing TDU?

VanquishHH

One steering my self but it still working :D I had a Logitech Ferrari crappy plastic FFB Wheel :lol:

I've got the G27 :) Best wheel IMO for TDU. Plus it's 200% with Speeder's G27 fix and TDU it self. You can feel everything on the wheel and the force feedback feels great. The manual shifter makes the game twice better than playing on a standart plastic wheel. Plus, TDU detect automatically if the car is a manual or a sequential flappy pedal gearbox so the shifts works brilliantly too ! I highly recommended. It's worth the price and It's reliable. I got mine since September 2010 !

Well, it all depends, on how much Money you wanna spend, i got the Thrustmaster T500 RS Wheel with the optional shifter, its a bit of a kit Money wise, but it IMO its well Worth it if you play alot of racing sims aswell as other driving games, that said, make sure that you get the later model of the T500 RS, on the earlier models the pedal springs tend to snapp.... ALOT..... I know from personal experience, and this wheel would be my second one i TDU :D

Hi guys

I´ve never heard about the T500 RS, but I´ll check it out later.

I have seen some G27s about 200 EUR/USD. That´s okay, I thought they were much more expensive. I have seen a G25 for over 400 Euro/USD.

Maybe I will store the Momo as a substitute and order a G27 soon. The problem with the Momo is the plastic pedals. They are not good enough to live for many years. My first wheel got broken after three years, the second one now after four years. They cost about 60 EUROS and for that low price they are really okay.

There´s also an older momo wheel with aluminium paddles and pedals. Seems to be very very rare, does anybody know more about it?

EDIT

@Lonestar

Wow, that´s a nice wheel! Looks a bit too much playstation-like, but seems to be very stable. Do you use that gated shifter???

Cruising the 512TR with the gated shifter...mmmh, that´s sounds great.

400Euros...I´d spend it. Now I should choose between G27 and TR500.

If you're looking to buy a new wheel it's probably worth either getting something that's compatible with whichever new console you have or are looking to get eventually, and/or a good wheel should you decide to progress into the world of sim-racing. The G25/G27 were awesome back in the day, but are regarded as toys when compared to other options now available. Also keep in mind that Logitech have stopped making gaming hardware, so I wouldn't recommend spending your money there unless you are an occasional casual gamer and it's cheap. The G25's are rare because they were discontinued years ago and replaced by the G27.

If I had to make a guess for you, I'd say do some research on the Thrustmaster T300__

The G25 is overpriced these days, all in all I think the G27 is a better wheel but the G25 has the option of turning the H-Gate shifter into a Sequential, which the G27 cannot do. I've had my G27 for 2 or 3 years now, it still feels really sturdy, the leather on the wheel is really nice to drive with. I'd like more pedal travel sometimes, but overall can't complain much. There's a nice amount of weight underneath the brake pedal, and IIRC you can adjust it to how you like. I picked my G27 up from Amazon for £150, so keep a look out and you might find it on sale again.

If you're looking to spend a bit more, and looking for something compatible with the new current-gen consoles, listen to Ryzza! :lol:

@Ryzza

Thanks for your input, very interesting, I learned something.

@Terrible

Thank you.

I really have to think about it.

I play TDU and GTR2/GT Legends, no other games.

Now I have to check which features are new in the world of gaming wheels...I didn´t know there are so many new features.

One thing you really want to get is a load cell brake pedal (braking force depends on how hard you hit the pedal, not how far you push it - is much more intuitive). If the pedal doesn't come with a load cell, search Google to see if there's a modding kit available to convert it. There's one for the G25/G27 for instance.

• 2 weeks later...