We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

tduck PC Benchmarking Thead

Ryzza5

I saw a similar thread on another forum and thought it would be interesting to see where everyone's at here. Also if people upgrade to the latest and greatest GPU we can see if we should all be rushing out to grab one as well. Might also explain differences in video/screenshot quality.

I'm not on my gaming PC just now so I'm going to suggest the following with no experience:

Benchmark: Unigine Valley Basic (Free)

Link: Download Valley Benchmark | Unigine: real-time 3D engine (game, simulation, visualization and VR)

Preset: Extreme HD

Resolution: 1920x1080 full screen

Anti Aliasing: 8x

Q34gYGuyQt6kkVaYTdZEpz5Kq3RH08.png

Post screenshots of your results page along with anything we should know about your PC specs. :nods:

Most will increase fan speed and possibly reduce clock speed to maintain <90 celsius. If you hit 100+ then you'll need to investigate the cause (dust, bad overclocking settings, card due for replacement).

I had a dual-GPU 9800GX2 some years back and it was often going over 90 and eventually died. Told myself I'd stick to single GPU cards from then on.

I've never seen my 560 Ti go above 92*C, although it does hit 90* regularly when I play The Crew, especially indoors. Most other intensive games make it work till high 70s-mid 80s. Have had it for a few years now with no issues, but the peak could be lower if my case wasn't prepped up so close against the wall and shut off from either side :p For this benchmarking test the max I noticed was like 86* or 84*.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...