We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

MEGA Tutorial: add new cars (Slots) in TDU

Tob-Racer

Been working on dealerships and cars when I get time :happyroll:

[ATTACH]22997[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22998[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22999[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23000[/ATTACH]

..and of course COMB@Ts new one (yeah I couldn't wait I suppose ;) )

[ATTACH]23001[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23002[/ATTACH]

:D

..... Oh and Tob, I hope you don't mind me filling your thread with photos of my progress, I'm hoping it'll inspire others ;)

Well after an afternoon trying this out. I think I got somewhere. :)

20150410.jpg

Car is by Elik. And you might start to notice a pattern emerge when I do this method for more cars. ;) Think of a game released in 1994/1996 and you'll get it instantly. :)

Anyway enough OT, thanks Tob-Racer for the tutorial. Learned a lot about the innards of this game. Now I just need to figure out how to get the colours working in the dealership then I can call it a 100% success. But thanks again. :)

Well after an afternoon trying this out. I think I got somewhere. :)

http://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/16/87/40/40/20150410.jpg

Car is by Elik. And you might start to notice a pattern emerge when I do this method for more cars. ;) Think of a game released in 1994/1996 and you'll get it instantly. :)

Anyway enough OT, thanks Tob-Racer for the tutorial. Learned a lot about the innards of this game. Now I just need to figure out how to get the colours working in the dealership then I can call it a 100% success. But thanks again. :)

Great job Krisman, congrats !! :thumbsup:

What I normally do for colors is hop around the dealerships and look for colors that resemble the factory car palette or just use the ones I like. Add them through TDUMT - Vehicle Manager - double click on your mod - Colors tab - then click the "+" to add more colors. Don't forget to click "save" when you're finished. Then fire up TDU and go to your designated dealership, choose your car and the colors will be there ;)

Maybe someone will create auto-installer for new cars & slots? (Example - you download car, open this installer, clicked on "install this car", check additional options (dealership, etc.), done!)

Yes, i can install bunch of patches and took hours for modding tools to install all cars i want, but this is hard for me

Added a Pagani dealership (actually just renamed an Oahu dealership lol), here are my Pagani's ;) :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23009[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23010[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23011[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23012[/ATTACH]

:cheers:

wow 403 MPH and 0.6s time it must be quick

I think I did that. But the car shows up black? I added about 13 colours from the factory paint scheme to the options, and every single one turned up Black. :| However, it might be due to the fact I don't have the MegaPack, because this 993 Carrera was cloned from the RUF RGT. But literally apart from that, all is good.

Still no guesses as to what game I'm trying to recreate yet? The years I mentioned kinda give it away, as does the car count (8 cars in total). :)

Finished adding COMB@T's Supras, all 8 now with all the wheel options as well ;) :

[ATTACH]23018[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23019[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23020[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23021[/ATTACH]

I added Miha's Veneno to my Lambo dealer earlier:

[ATTACH]23022[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23023[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23024[/ATTACH]

That's all for now !! :D

Well good news and bad news. Thanks to you both, my 993 now has paint colours. :)

However, my next slot I can't show because a) it would give the game away and b) it's not working. Basically it uses a MegaPack slot and like I said before I don't have it. :( Yet the 993 got duplicated from a MegaPack car and works 100% flawlessly? I didn't follow the tutorial for this one because all I did was replace the original Atari model with a better Forza one by Miha. But because the original stuff isn't there I basically added it and with TDUF inserted them into TDU.

Well good news and bad news. Thanks to you both, my 993 now has paint colours. :)

However, my next slot I can't show because a) it would give the game away and b) it's not working. Basically it uses a MegaPack slot and like I said before I don't have it. :( Yet the 993 got duplicated from a MegaPack car and works 100% flawlessly? I didn't follow the tutorial for this one because all I did was replace the original Atari model with a better Forza one by Miha. But because the original stuff isn't there I basically added it and with TDUF inserted them into TDU.

Congrats on your 993 !! :thumbsup:

I would assume you could just copy and paste the line of code from your 993, just be sure to change the Car REF # and Car ID #, same for the rims. Then just copy the resource from your 993 in the TDUMT xml and paste it, then rename the 993 you pasted to your new car. I don't really think it matters if you have the Atari Megapack or not, maybe Tob can chime in on this as well. ;)

That's what I did that with my Pagani's and COMB@T's Supras, it worked fine. :nods:

Good luck Krisman !! :happyroll:

So far I've only added 22 extra cars, getting quicker at it since I know what I'm doing now lol ;)

Just added COMB@T's Lambo Performante:

[ATTACH]23046[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23047[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23048[/ATTACH]

Have yet to mod over any Atari Vehicles, don't plan on it if I can help it, just going to add as many as I can this way :nods:

Congrats on your 993 !! :thumbsup:

I would assume you could just copy and paste the line of code from your 993, just be sure to change the Car REF # and Car ID #, same for the rims. Then just copy the resource from your 993 in the TDUMT xml and paste it, then rename the 993 you pasted to your new car. I don't really think it matters if you have the Atari Megapack or not, maybe Tob can chime in on this as well. ;)

That's what I did that with my Pagani's and COMB@T's Supras, it worked fine. :nods:

Good luck Krisman !! :happyroll:

I'll try. :)

Thing is though like I said, everything for the car is there, thanks to Atari. Minus the gauges but that can be sorted easily. And all I did was "replace" it with a Forza model of the same car, then fixed it in with TDUF and it still doesn't show up in the dealer next to the 911. So what I will do is move on and bring 2 cars on new slots, it'd be best to do these next 2 together, because they are bitter rivals and have another go with the troubled car later. :)

I'll try. :)

Thing is though like I said, everything for the car is there, thanks to Atari. Minus the gauges but that can be sorted easily. And all I did was "replace" it with a Forza model of the same car, then fixed it in with TDUF and it still doesn't show up in the dealer next to the 911. So what I will do is move on and bring 2 cars on new slots, it'd be best to do these next 2 together, because they are bitter rivals and have another go with the troubled car later. :)

Something I've noticed so far is, there's an 8 car limit in all the dealerships I've tried (eg: Japan Imports). I've filled 2 Oahu dealers already as well as added 2 cars to McLaren & a Lamborghini dealer, and 1 more to the other Lamborghini dealer.

Like Djey mentioned, we're gonna be limited because of the amount of dealerships. I would try adding your cars to a different one and see if they show up. Gauges & sounds can be located easily, just rename the file .

@alonso, thanks buddy, slowly getting there ;)

Well everyone, got some more slots ingame. :) Surely with these two in-game you can guess the game I'm recreating. Tob-racer was close with NFS5, but look at when I said about the year to do with the 993. That'll give you a clue. ;)

[ATTACH]23056[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23057[/ATTACH]

Note: The bottom car is meant to be a Viper RT/10, but we only have the GTS so I did some physics for that to make it drive like an RT/10. Same with the Corvette, it's actually a ZR-1, but we only have the Grand Sport. Both do look awesome! Thanks to Miha for the cars, acevt06 for the Vette sounds, Doctor G for the Viper sounds, and anybody else who I've used their stuff along the way. :)

Also, patching these into the game went much quicker, did them both together and at the same time, than the 911, which has now changed into that VW Passat looking car? Just when things were looking good. :\

• Ryzza5 pinned and featured this topic