We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

MEGA Tutorial: add new cars (Slots) in TDU

Tob-Racer

Well everyone, got some more slots ingame. :) Surely with these two in-game you can guess the game I'm recreating. Tob-racer was close with NFS5, but look at when I said about the year to do with the 993. That'll give you a clue. ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23056[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23057[/ATTACH]

Note: The bottom car is meant to be a Viper RT/10, but we only have the GTS so I did some physics for that to make it drive like an RT/10. Same with the Corvette, it's actually a ZR-1, but we only have the Grand Sport. Both do look awesome! Thanks to Miha for the cars, acevt06 for the Vette sounds, Doctor G for the Viper sounds, and anybody else who I've used their stuff along the way. :)

Also, patching these into the game went much quicker, did them both together and at the same time, than the 911, which has now changed into that VW Passat looking car? Just when things were looking good. :\

Looking good Krisman :nods: .

Sounds like you created the Default Car somehow, not quite sure how that happened, maybe a file wasn't named correctly... :confused: . Try double checking the car files and the file names, or I'd just rename the files of the car again and re-add them to the correct folders. I know Tob mentioned in his video that after you use TDUF, you need to recopy your bnk files back into the folders because TDUF overwrites the files.

Give that a try and see if it works, make sure they are correctly named as well ;)

Yep, I know what the problem was. Somehow in the database the car got reset to the RUF RGT, which of course I don't have the megapack so it doesn't exist in my game. Hence the DEFAULT CAR look. However I've fixed it by going back into the Database and re-assigning everything unique to the 911. (Sound, Guages, Rims, Car files) and now it's back to normal. :) And I might have a solution to the other car I had problems with. Basically I'm going to name it differently to the Atari version but it will still use a duplicate of that slot. If I'm right the car should appear. :)

@Krisman10

Your game is The Need for speed ? first one ? :p All three cars are in B class ? ;)

Thanks NFS Wikia :D

Well Done! :) It is the very 1st NFS from 1994, never played the game but it came out when I was only just brought into the world, so it is a special game nonetheless. Eventually my goal is to get as many cars on their own slots from the first 6 games.

Won't be able to find many cars from Underground onwards, because modded versions would be needed for every car. And also vinyls are missing too.

They may be in B Class in TNFS, but they are definitely in C in my TDU. :) Viper is easily the fastest from 0-100km/h, Corvette can do well over 180mph and the Porsche absolutely creams them both through the corners. Trust me there would be no way can these three keep up with the Atari B Class. Those are 200+ mph cars that will leave them for dust! The car I had problems with was the 512TR and I have started work on the RX-7.

Eventually I'll get around to converting the Diablo VT from Driver:SF as that is the best model of the car. Supra will obviously be Combat's as there no other Supra that beats it in quality, and LHD so no camera tricks needed. And then finally the NSX, seeing as there is a nice quality Acura model by Miha. :)

I started on the RX-7 today, everything is all sorted in the database and all, physics are done too. But it's not showing in game. I think this is to do with the Mazda brand. I added the logos in from 1.68 and completed the Mazda entry in the database but it's still not there. :|

Well Done! :) It is the very 1st NFS from 1994, never played the game but it came out when I was only just brought into the world, so it is a special game nonetheless. Eventually my goal is to get as many cars on their own slots from the first 6 games.

Won't be able to find many cars from Underground onwards, because modded versions would be needed for every car. And also vinyls are missing too.

They may be in B Class in TNFS, but they are definitely in C in my TDU. :) Viper is easily the fastest from 0-100km/h, Corvette can do well over 180mph and the Porsche absolutely creams them both through the corners. Trust me there would be no way can these three keep up with the Atari B Class. Those are 200+ mph cars that will leave them for dust! The car I had problems with was the 512TR and I have started work on the RX-7.

Eventually I'll get around to converting the Diablo VT from Driver:SF as that is the best model of the car. Supra will obviously be Combat's as there no other Supra that beats it in quality, and LHD so no camera tricks needed. And then finally the NSX, seeing as there is a nice quality Acura model by Miha. :)

I started on the RX-7 today, everything is all sorted in the database and all, physics are done too. But it's not showing in game. I think this is to do with the Mazda brand. I added the logos in from 1.68 and completed the Mazda entry in the database but it's still not there. :|

Which version of TDUMT are you using Krisman? I'm using v1.16.2, it has all the logos and it adds them automatically :nods:

@alonso - check your inbox ;)

Need for Speed World is closing.. Project Torque is closed. Auto Club Revolution sucks.. World of Speed sucks.. Street Tuning Evolution didn't got funded.

Test Drive Unlimited its my only hope. And U are a part of the solution <3

#TDUForever man ;) Keep your hope for this game because it's still have many more to offer in the future. Thanks for your support !

Need for Speed World is closing.. Project Torque is closed. Auto Club Revolution sucks.. World of Speed sucks.. Street Tuning Evolution didn't got funded.

Test Drive Unlimited its my only hope. And U are a part of the solution <3

NFSW closing is the best news i saw yesterday, i am very happy about that.

World of speed ist even released yet.

Others sucks, yes.

So #TDUForever

Agreed ^^ :nods:

Edit: Added 3 more ;)

One-77

[ATTACH]23067[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23068[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23069[/ATTACH]

R390 GT1:

[ATTACH]23070[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23071[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23072[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23073[/ATTACH]

M3 GTR from NFSMW:

[ATTACH]23074[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23075[/ATTACH]

Guys, i have a question for all of you.

You are making a really good job with you new slots and everything.

But my question is, can you make it so it can be combinater in one biiig pack one day, so we can all enjoy it ?

I dont want to sound bad or something like that, i just like the work you do and i dont really have time and patience too, and it would be bloody awesome that all of your new slots can once be added to game so we have biiiiig megapack and many great mods which anyone else can see and have.

Maybe its not important so much, but i would really like us all to have same cars in same slots, and this method makes it possible now.

Guys, i have a question for all of you.

You are making a really good job with you new slots and everything.

But my question is, can you make it so it can be combinater in one biiig pack one day, so we can all enjoy it ?

I dont want to sound bad or something like that, i just like the work you do and i dont really have time and patience too, and it would be bloody awesome that all of your new slots can once be added to game so we have biiiiig megapack and many great mods which anyone else can see and have.

Maybe its not important so much, but i would really like us all to have same cars in same slots, and this method makes it possible now.

One answer: REL:-BETA Car slots Add-On V0.6.1

Wait for the update 1.0 ;) Coming over this weekend :nods: got plenty of time tonight to work that project.

Let's stick to the rules: avoid sharing modded files from their original authors unless we've got their permission. The other problem is if someone want these added cars, he will need the database. Sharing the database will replace the database of your game and may crash your game. The main conflict may be the game language. Plus, he will need your MagicMap.

Agreed Tob ^^ ;)

Added more slots :cool:

COMB@T's Hamann M3:

[ATTACH]23083[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23084[/ATTACH]

COMB@T's & Zoqqer's Venom GT's (COMB@T's is the Spyder version):

[ATTACH]23085[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23086[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23087[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23088[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23089[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23090[/ATTACH]