We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

MEGA Tutorial: add new cars (Slots) in TDU

Tob-Racer

I've finally managed to add a car to TDU... i've followed every step in your video Tob, but i've noticed something with the camera.

I've used the A3 to install a mod, and it worked, but if i fine edit the camera in the mod, it also changes the A3 camera. Because it did not created a new camera. Anyone know how to solve this?

By fine edit the camera, i mean choose a different car for front and back view.

I've made an extended Cameras.bin with third times the original amount. New cameras are copies of existing, to use them you have to set cam number +10000 or +20000.

More info here: [TDUF Research] Tutorials : Cameras overbloating attempts | turboduck forum

(Cameras.bin-298sets-alpha3.zip is the file you need)

If for whatever reason TDUMT can't show you the new camera numbers, VehicleSlots.xml file need to be updated (in TDUMT/xml folder).

e.g: (I assume you've cloned the A3 slot, so a new line should look like this)

<vehicle name="AUDI A3 quattro 3.2 DSG (clone)" ref="2551683160" camera="10211" ik="211" topSpeed="245" />

Let me know :)

Hi Djey :) Sorry for the late reply. I was dead busy and I forgot a little my thread :o

I'm pretty sure the REF value is the main key to make a car show up to other players. Cause I've recommended to start the ID_value from 2040 then no one would have problems with the original Atari slots.

And yes I agree. We all should have the same REF numbers when we add cars cause as you said it doesn't help online. So that's gonna be part of my release of V1.0 of my car slots add-on. The idea would be I publish somewhere on the forum which slots I've copied and put next too it a REF number + ID value in case of. Same for the wheels by the way. Also, I will open a "Value request thread" so people can leave a ref number + car copied name and I will add them in a list. Example:

SLOT REF: 2689882777 - Ascari KZ1 copy 1 | Wheels 1 REF: 4219640692 ~ Wheels 2 REF: 4229740692 (2 sets of rims)

[-> In my case as an example, this slot is my Audi R8 GT Spyder with 2 Wheels: Silver and Black. Feel free to use these values and you might see my self in a red car online :) When I say car, it depends of the Bnks you are using. You can use these values and use a different car. Just like the regular modded cars ]

SLOT REF: 2712202386 - RUF RGT copy 1 | Wheels REF: 449940644 (Ex: This is my Porsche 911 GT2)

SLOT REF: 4299559156 - Enzo Ferrari copy 1 | Wheels REF: 4299559156(Ex: This is my Ferrari FXX)

SLOT REF: 2935263229 - Skyline R34 copy 1 | Wheels REF: 4319560423 (Ex: This is my Skyline R32)

SLOT REF: 2946263229 - Skyline R34 copy 2 | Wheels REF: 4429560423 (Ex: This is my Skyline R33)

Note: All the values I've put up there are the one I'm actually using for my new slots ;) As I'm saying again, using them will give your chance to see a proper 3D working car. Not the Atari ugly car.

Thanks for answer, as well I've not been very active on modding lately... but projects still go on :)

So, I think your pack will be ready before next community patch, so I'll comply with your new layout to produce a database @ 2.00A.

Idea of setting up threads for reference is great btw!

Hey guys, what will happen if I edit tire/wheel size in TDUMT Database>Rims? Will it work in game or will it glitch? (as opposed to TDU extracted rim database)

Hi Jonez .

All you need to do is open TDUMT Database , search for the rims you want to resize , click on the REF # , then EDIT - MODIFY RESOURCE , minimize that window .

Open File Browser , then DataBase - DB.bnk - extract TDU_Rims.db . Use TDUUT to turn the db file into hex , edit in Notepad ++ (search for your rims using the REF #) , change the wheel/rim size (can't resize over 20") - save .

Run your TDU_Rims hex file through TDUUT again (It should be TDU_Rims.db hex now) , go back to File Browser , right click TDU_Rims.db and "replace keep name" , direct it to your new saved db file. Go back and close File Browser , Database & TDUMT , see if it works .

I usually keep my old db files (CarPhysicsData , Rims & CarRims) until I know what I adjusted works , then I'll delete them if it does .

Have fun ;) !

EDIT: I'm not sure if it'll work any other way .

Thanks but that doesn't work. If i try to "modify resource" of the reference #, a message says "selected value is not a resource" and if I try to edit>modify resource on the diameter values, nothing happens, no window pops up.

Thanks but that doesn't work. If i try to "modify resource" of the reference #, a message says "selected value is not a resource" and if I try to edit>modify resource on the diameter values, nothing happens, no window pops up.

In Tob's video , at 0:34 he's doing what I explained only with the CarPhysicsData db . You only need to do that with the "Rims" db . When you open the TDU_Rims db hex in Notepad++ and find your rims , you can resize your rims/wheels . Take a look at his photo :

[ATTACH]23437[/ATTACH]

Then after you change the sizes , save and run you new saved Rims hex through TDUUT , right click TDU_Rims.db in the File Browser and click "replace keep name" . You'll be good to go ;)

Isn't there a difference between correlation of wheel diameter and rim diameter?

Take the case you have a wheel with 25" diameter and the rim has 17" diameter.

What to do, if you wish to keep the wheel diameter of 25" and only change the rim diameter to 19"?

Is that the same as you explained? If I remember good, that's not trivial.

If you encrease the rim diameter you automatically encrease the whole wheel.

But that's what i won't.

Isn't there a difference between correlation of wheel diameter and rim diameter?

Take the case you have a wheel with 25" diameter and the rim has 17" diameter.

What to do, if you wish to keep the wheel diameter of 25" and only change the rim diameter to 19"?

In other words, increase the tire wall. This is what I'm looking for as well, I want to keep the wheel size, but change the rim size.

In other words, increase the tire wall. This is what I'm looking for as well, I want to keep the wheel size, but change the rim size.

I'm pretty sure that's the Hauteur value. The Largeur value should be tire width (not sure if that really does anything)

I'm pretty sure that's the Hauteur value. The Largeur value should be tire width (not sure if that really does anything)

Jonez is right about the Hauteur & Largeur values , and it appears they don't change anything either . I spent some time messing around with the Rim values last night and the only conclusion I could figure on is the car mod itself determines the tire width and sidewall profile .

You can mod a car ie : the Firebird , or any car with smaller (15") wheels over a car with larger wheels sizes ... say the RUF Rt12 , and swap rims in TDUPE to say ... Mas 3500GT , and you'll have a larger wheel (Rim size) with a lower profile looking tire .

The only difference I could change was the Rim size , ie : 15" to a 17" or whatever , but the sidewall profile did not change . I'm sure it is possible to add a car body in TDUMT using smaller wheels (say an older muscle car) , and instead of using the same size rims for that particular car , use the REF# for the Efigy for the rims ... just as an example . It may turn out the same , I'll look into it further when I get more time .

I made a temporary new slot for the Firebird and just changed the wheel size from 15' to 17" ,.

Here are the results :

15" stock :

[ATTACH]23509[/ATTACH]

17" modded (I used the Boyd Coddington Slayer wheels, they looked better than 17" Honeycomb :rolleyes: ) :

[ATTACH]23510[/ATTACH]

I'm sure if you wanted to , you could just change the rim size of the car that's already there and have the same results . I used the GTO rim size 245/45/17 just for the fun of it , not sure if the Largeur & Hauteur made a difference , but the rim diameter is bigger .

Tob, I'm having issues adding more rims to the 350Z coupe. All steps are fine until I try to join the car with the rims by editing CarRims.db. I added the car ref# the correct number of times and I used the correct ref# for each new wheel, and I updated the number of items (298). Then I saved the notepad edit and converted back to db, and replaced the old CarRims file. But when I go back to Database>CarRims, these new rims are not in the list. Any idea whats the problem?

Tob, I'm having issues adding more rims to the 350Z coupe. All steps are fine until I try to join the car with the rims by editing CarRims.db. I added the car ref# the correct number of times and I used the correct ref# for each new wheel, and I updated the number of items (298). Then I saved the notepad edit and converted back to db, and replaced the old CarRims file. But when I go back to Database>CarRims, these new rims are not in the list. Any idea whats the problem?

Could you send me your DB files please :) I'll have a look tonight after dinner.

Should be yes. If the game crash just at the start, that means there is a problem somewhere in the notepad.

What Notepad are you using ? The original Windows notepad or another one ? The one I'm using is made for coding and all that sort of stuffs. Much much better than windows default notepad. Plus, Notepad++ is completely free :cool:

• Ryzza5 pinned and featured this topic