We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

MEGA Tutorial: add new cars (Slots) in TDU

Tob-Racer

you're welcome. That is the solution to an existing slot. You can create a custom default rim setting for a new slot but you have to make it all from scratch. However, this way you can base it on a car with existing 17, 19, 20 inch rims etc.

I've already tried that method, but still I get problems like yours. Maybe Djey's tool can help.

I've already tried that method, but still I get problems like yours. Maybe Djey's tool can help.
Try opening TDUMT - Rims in DataBase , then right click the rims you want to resize - EDIT resource - then minimize window , extract TDURims from File Browser - open that in Notepad ++ and find the resource value of the rims you want to edit - change rim size and save . Navigate to the File Browser - right click TDURims - click "Replace keep Name" & replace with your newly modified TDURims.db.hex db file . Re-open DataBase after closing the existing DataBase window , navigate to Rims to make sure the changes took place . You should be good to go without having to change "Default Rims" in TDUPE .

I got what you said Haiku. So, another batch of newly added rides.

[ATTACH]23769[/ATTACH]

2013 Subaru BRZ

[ATTACH]23770[/ATTACH]

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition

[ATTACH]23771[/ATTACH]

2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG

[ATTACH]23772[/ATTACH]

2009 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series

[ATTACH]23773[/ATTACH]

2009 Ferrari California

[ATTACH]23774[/ATTACH]

2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento

[ATTACH]23775[/ATTACH]

2011 BMW Z4 sDrive35is

[ATTACH]23776[/ATTACH]

2009 Maserati GranTurismo S

can anybody help me? im stuck at the tduf step. i have tduf 0.6 and when i do MappingTool list-missing --bnkDir "C:\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk" it gives this:

[ATTACH]23791[/ATTACH]

i first did this in winxp and it gave me the same error. i reinstalled my java million times and it did nothing. then i switched to win7(i have a dualboot pc), installed the game there too and the same. reinstalled java million times here too - did nothing. it still gives the same error. what can i do?

edit: i have java 8u45 in xp and 8u45 and 8u45 64 bit on win7.

can anybody help me? im stuck at the tduf step. i have tduf 0.6 and when i do MappingTool list-missing --bnkDir "C:\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk" it gives this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23791[/ATTACH]

i first did this in winxp and it gave me the same error. i reinstalled my java million times and it did nothing. then i switched to win7(i have a dualboot pc), installed the game there too and the same. reinstalled java million times here too - did nothing. it still gives the same error. what can i do?

edit: i have java 8u45 in xp and 8u45 and 8u45 64 bit on win7.

Double check your location of your TDU installation directory and make sure that you find the Bnk folder inside the Euro folder. Then, copy and paste the location with quotation marks.

exactly did that: same...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23798[/ATTACH]

edit: solved!! :nods::nods: if you having a problem like this, just download tduf 0.6.1 there was a bug in 0.6.0

edit 2: help me :confused::confused:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23807[/ATTACH]

Hi carreragt339 . Looks like you might have the wrong interior installed.

Released COMB@T_$HOTGUN: 1995 Honda CRX Del Sol Ver 2.0 Final | turboduck forum[/url]

Check to see if the files are properly named as well , maybe the interior is improperly named , could be a small "i" at the end instead of a capital "I" or something ...?

--- Post Updated ---

I'll be back very soon... ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23841[/ATTACH]

See ya !

Take your time buddy !

Check to see if the files are properly named as well , maybe the interior is improperly named , could be a small "i" at the end instead of a capital "I" or something ...?

i tried with i , ı , İ , I and nothing happened. then repacked bnk1.map doing by one folder at a time and nothing happened. and then i switched the files around tt and crx (it was supposed to replace tt) and switched around filenames too in the database (making TT_Cpe_QS CRX_DS and vice versa)(CRX_DS is the name i gave to its files). then crx was fixed but tt was corrupted now.. i dont know whats going on... even tried to change the names in CRX_DS_I.bnk (A6_S6_I.* into SLK_55_I.* and then changing the 2 instances of A6_S6_I into SLK_55_I in the file named SLK_55_I.3DD) (files were named SLK_55.* in the file named CRX_DS.bnk) :D :D

edit: the bugged interior looks like the one that default car has (the thing that looks like a pontiac gto with weird head/taillights and has absurd performance) i think game isnt finding the needed interior file when the name changes.. WTF??!! :D :D

i tried with i , ı , İ , I and nothing happened. then repacked bnk1.map doing by one folder at a time and nothing happened. and then i switched the files around tt and crx (it was supposed to replace tt) and switched around filenames too in the database (making TT_Cpe_QS CRX_DS and vice versa)(CRX_DS is the name i gave to its files). then crx was fixed but tt was corrupted now.. i dont know whats going on... even tried to change the names in CRX_DS_I.bnk (A6_S6_I.* into SLK_55_I.* and then changing the 2 instances of A6_S6_I into SLK_55_I in the file named SLK_55_I.3DD) (files were named SLK_55.* in the file named CRX_DS.bnk) :D :D

edit: the bugged interior looks like the one that default car has (the thing that looks like a pontiac gto with weird head/taillights and has absurd performance) i think game isnt finding the needed interior file when the name changes.. WTF??!! :D :D

Lol , yeah that's a bugger !

Did you replace all your BNK files after running TDUF ? Give that a go and see if it works . If not , maybe Tob needs to have a look at your DataBase & Map file .

Holy crap, first time trying it works like a charm! Thank you very much for your tutorial, Tob! Also Djey, your TDUF is so awesome I rather think it is some sort of sorcery...

Here's what I've done. No car replaced at all. I also have community megapack.

[ATTACH]23870[/ATTACH]

New member in Japan Import. Only need to fix the tires.

[ATTACH]23871[/ATTACH]

Forza Horizon DLC is in TDU now :)

Once again, thanks Tob! Thank you for the tutorial!

Holy crap, first time trying it works like a charm! Thank you very much for your tutorial, Tob! Also Djey, your TDUF is so awesome I rather think it is some sort of sorcery...

Here's what I've done. No car replaced at all. I also have community megapack.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23870[/ATTACH]

New member in Japan Import. Only need to fix the tires.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23871[/ATTACH]

Forza Horizon DLC is in TDU now :)

Once again, thanks Tob! Thank you for the tutorial!

Congrats pentaura !

Welcome to the community ;) !

Oh BTW, I found a very weird bug. After I add those two cars, I'm trying to replacing some cars that I don't like or repetitive. Funny thing is, TDUPE still read the performance of vanilla vehicle and the one I add as the same file (in this case, I'm copy and modify number from Charger SB to make Charger FnF, then I want to replace my Charger SB with Charger Daytona). The weird thing is, the game still treat the car differently, the Charger SB still have its own performance file and my addon car have their own performance file. My only worries is just some of the files will clashed at some point.

If it come this way, I think it is safer to keep making new slots while 'deactivate' the cars that I don't want (means remove them from Car shops). Anyone else has other solution?

Oh BTW, I found a very weird bug. After I add those two cars, I'm trying to replacing some cars that I don't like or repetitive. Funny thing is, TDUPE still read the performance of vanilla vehicle and the one I add as the same file (in this case, I'm copy and modify number from Charger SB to make Charger FnF, then I want to replace my Charger SB with Charger Daytona). The weird thing is, the game still treat the car differently, the Charger SB still have its own performance file and my addon car have their own performance file. My only worries is just some of the files will clashed at some point.

If it come this way, I think it is safer to keep making new slots while 'deactivate' the cars that I don't want (means remove them from Car shops). Anyone else has other solution?

Read through this thread , pentaura :

Activate new slots on TDU NEW UPDATE! | turboduck forum

Is good to know it is good that the days of waiting and determination have ended.

For example;

many years since it has never achieved such improvement that has remained essentially this game a search for opportunities.

Now this user (Tob-Racer) he has achieved one of the most things most awaited in this game (TDU1).

Now we can all include cars in this game without replacement, something that has suddenly made these days.

Pending the size, collection, space and everything else, hopefully rather have 400 total vehicles in this space, including all areas of unused concecionarios except decoration.

Now you can drive all the cars you want as many you can buy.

Unclear is the unknown amount of space available in the garage of the house. But we consider one thing: more vehicles.

We are waiting for a new day with new improvements and developments of a great software (TDU1) which enables changes and much more fun.

Thanks for reading this and thanks very much all you! (modders).

Now that I've got the hang of things in adding cars, I wanna ask something. I've already added my Porsche Carrera GT using the RUF RT12's car lines, then I've decided to add the 2015 Porsche 911 GT3RS by Zoqqer using the same line from RT12. Is this possible? If so, should I edit something within the car lines in the TDUMT database just like what I used to?

Now that I've got the hang of things in adding cars, I wanna ask something. I've already added my Porsche Carrera GT using the RUF RT12's car lines, then I've decided to add the 2015 Porsche 911 GT3RS by Zoqqer using the same line from RT12. Is this possible? If so, should I edit something within the car lines in the TDUMT database just like what I used to?

Hi John.

Yeah you should be able to add it with no problem , no editing needed . If anything, you may need to change the cam set . You can edit rim size in TDUMT if you want as well . Just extract TDURims , find your REF # for the rims and change the size , save then add your edited TDURims 2db back in the DataBase .

• 1 month later...

Tob-Racer

Hi. Tutorial looked completely set for the video from the start and did everything nachil you showed. But I CMD command error occurs http://prntscr.com/8i8dxz . Please help me, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I would like that would be a bunch of machine that has no place (((More would like to ask whether you can just do create a separate store and there to collect all the machines that I want?

P.S.: "I am Russian, and I find it hard to understand, because I do not know english"

• 3 months later...

Hello all

Remember me ? Yes been away for a while... I had some really tough time during this year on my life. I wasn't feeling well...

I was kind of active here. Didn't post message or reply to PM (Sorry about that) but I was looking what was going on just to try feeling better. 2015 have been an awful year for my self, I've lost parts of my life and people I love. Plus, I admit living in France doesn't help much with the lacks of jobs and the two terrorist attacks. Thanks to our gouvernements, they really make our life difficult.

So now I just decided to be really active now cause I love most of the people here and there's still work to do in TDU: the game I will always love and play.

I'm amazed of all the mods released this year here ! Such some awesome cars have been made. COMB@T and Zoqqer, always the best and happy to see some new talented people like Xtenso, Kurt and ELVIS. Great sound mods as well (PDP). Big up to you guys and thank you very much for your released ;) (Hope I didn't forgot some people, sorry if I did)

About the Slot addon pack, project isn't dead ! Just need have a better situation in my private life and of course motivation ! One day It'll be released. Don't worry. I've promised it.

And a little shot, cause I've played a bit to try forgot all my problems. Love this CCX mod COMB@T ;)

[ATTACH]24569[/ATTACH]

Glad to hear some news from you, Tob. I sincerely hope 2016 will be a way better year for you ;)

Indeed, show's going on here at Tduck and that's a pleasure : still new models, sound mods ... for my part I got time to acquire great results with the Community Patch 2.0, which will replace the good old 1.68b in a near future.

Take your time and forge your motivation buddy, we are here, alive and kicking !

Thanks a lot guys :) Always a pleasure to cruise, mod, talk and see you. Forgot to say up here I hope you had a good Christmas and yea indeed, I wish you too some better times and hopefully a good 2016 year. ;)

Just fault about 2016 and TDU. It's gonna be the 10th birthday of the game in the very near future. I really want TDUck exploit all the potential of the game and find new stuff. Would be nice to celebrate this birthday with new amazing possibilities for the game. :nods: We'll see... I'll be there to see all that.

@Djey I must have a try to your Beta 2.00 ^^ Can't wait for the final release.

• Ryzza5 pinned and featured this topic