We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Start Problem

Dani_ReiS

Hello

I have a problem that occasionally appear in windows 8.1.

Installed windows 10 and the game only open once.

The problem is this:

This application is not compatible with the operating system installed.

Please install the Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or higher programs

already ran the older windows compatibility method but nothing

• 2 weeks later...
Guest .:TestDriver:.

In my opinion the only possible answer might be the compatibility option. Right click on the TestDriveUnlimited.exe which is located in the root of the game installation directory. Then right click on the file and then click on the "Properties" button; In the new window, go to the "Compatibility" tab and enable it, then choose WindowsXP SP3. If you want to let other users (if exists) play the game in this way, click on "Change for all users" and then click "Ok".

• 2 months later...

got the same problem. i was trying to run my old installation, which was running fine on windows 8. since i updated to windows 8.1 it stopped working, compatibility mode doesn't work either. i reinstalled the game, and my mods, still no cigar. i reinstalled again, and tried running vanilla tdu which astonishingly DID work, but i quit after i was in the main menu. after i installed the carpack (which includes patch 1.66A) it was dead again.

EDIT: I SOLVED IT USING CLEAN BOOT, WHICH ISN'T SAFE MODE.

Followed this guide https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135 which i can't post as a link for some annoying ominous reason.....

so thanks utnugp