We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

thinking of adding new cars and gameplay

pdxrodbuilder

So first off I'd like to say the guys who have done the unofficial patch thank you! You've brought new life back to the game!

My plan is to add some new cars to the game. I'm more of an old school guy so I wanted to add some cars for people like myself. I also love the super cars and understand people like the tuners as well. I want to create something loved by all and not completely change the game play

First plan. Replace the pink slip cars. Cars like Miami Mustang. I want to add in special model cars that make them worth winning. I know this would require some people to start over but I think by now most the people playing the game still would know how to get them added to their garage. A sub patch may be included that would add them to a car dealer if needed.

For those modelers out there if you already have some classic American car mods (I don't care what you replaced in game I can change that) personal message me. I'm also looking for a few classic euro cars and Asian cars.

I plan to add a few models from the mod shop but will be asking the creators before I post anything and I may not be made of money but I've done a bunch of modeling a few years back and know the work involved. I would like to find a way to compensate those who contribute for their work but also want this to be a free mod for all. I may setup a donation site or something but I don't want any money for this I do it for the game and the community. It may not be the best game out there but its still a good platform and we have a good community of modern and players.

Cars I'd love models for

65-67 GTO

69 Pontiac GTO

69 or 70 Chevelle

63-67 Corvette

70 or 71 Cuda

70-73 firebird

49-50 mercury (custom or stock)

Some good hotrod models ie. 32 ford

Maybe some classic trucks?

Ferrari 288 gto (not sure how this got left out)

Lamborghini miura

Please feel free to add suggestions or comment here....

I won't be changing much in the lines of existing physics to cars but please suggest what cars to replace that you never see people driving... (I will not change cars like zones or Ferrari as these are popular even if not all like them)

need help figuring out how to add colors to cars in dealerships... I have no problem adding in the cars but they all come up pink. I believe this has to do with no value set in db_data.cpr it appears there are color names listed for certain cars they never added but no values with them... can anybody help me with this? the help is much appreciated if you can. this is one of my only hang ups at the moment. or at the very least is there a way to change the default pink color to another color. if all the new cars appeared white in the dealership I'd be fine with that anybody can take them to a paint shop but the pink is just awful looking lol.

So I've rounded up a few models. Several American muscle cars and a few tuners. Soon I'll be re-organizing things and changing some stuff.

My question for everybody is would you miss an A class this is the two lower alfas and the golf gti. Sense the gti falls more of a tuner car I may keep it but beef it up a bit make it more fun to drive and make a7 closer to an a4 class but with tuner cars like a 240z change the skyline to fit that class as well as the supra. I found an rx7 as well. I'm not a big tuner fan but I know there are guys out there who enjoy them. When playing online I never see anybody in a7's so why not change it to make it fun. Would anybody miss the c2v? I was going to beef up the vw beetle and make it a little bit faster (not a lot) and majorly increase the handling so it's no longer on slick tires... I will add a few new cars to the game as well but it's a lot easier to replace old ones and why not get rid of cars nobody uses. If there are any objections to deleting certain cars let me know. I don't plan to change any cars above a4 and won't touch any of the c class cars. Off road vehicles will be getting a change as well I have a few fun cars to add. Suspension height will be changed on the h3

And jeep... they don't look like off road vehicles sitting so low. I was also toying the the idea of making the classic cars off road capable. Though they will have about 80% traction on dirt.

I'm very open to suggestions and comments so please feel free to voice your opinions. I want to make the mod something people want and enjoy. I think I'll leave more of the super cars to the other models they are doing a great job and even though I enjoy them I'm not as into them and probably won't do them justice.