We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Very early hype train - Your ideas for GT7

Milli

As some of you guys know, Gran Turismo 7 is coming, in a far future, maybe, but we all know that in the present day, the game is a bit left behind, specially when it has to face the current gen racing games, such as Forza Motorsport 5, Horizon 2, Project CARS and DriveClub.

So, the idea of this thread is, what do you think it would be a nice addition for the game, in order to bring back it's spotlight, it's glamour and the fun that kept many of us in front of that old, grey box called PsOne?

Put your mind to work, let your car/game enthusiast spirit fly and writte your ideas! :D

I would love to have a sort of real story of a wall season of motorsport. A bit like RD Grid. Like, you select the races you want to do for one season and you manage your team to go on these race meetings. With a bit of realism, if we could start the season with the 24 Hours of Dubai, then Daytona, after start the Blancpain Season at Monza. Do Le Mans in Mid-June and Spa in the end of July. Etc...

And you must be careful of the budget you invest for your team. You can invest for a Race Lorry, Tools, racecars, staff etc...

You can be the Race driver or let your mate do the job (A-Spec and B-Spec)

Well, duh! :lol:

It would more than likely have new cars, i meant more than just new cars. If so, which ones you think it would be great?

Any actually new 3D model that isn't a 57th Nissan Skyline would do but admittedly I won't be playing the game anyway so maybe there are people out there who actually want more Skylines :hmmm:

Any actually new 3D model that isn't a 57th Nissan Skyline would do but admittedly I won't be playing the game anyway so maybe there are people out there who actually want more Skylines :hmmm:

Andreas, i made the thread to people really put their ideas to make it better, not to make those old beaten up comments about it having 937254837508 Skylines.

Gran Turismo 6 had over 500 premium vehicles, and only 10-20 of them were Skylines, including GT-R's. That's less than 5% of all the good 3D models.

Millena ;)

http://img.desmotivaciones.es/201108/imagesCA0JAU1P.jpg

This is what Gran Turismo has come to represent to a lot of people in the gaming world and to be frank, 10-20 is at least 8-18 too many. It doesn't matter how many "premium" cars they have, with a game this expensive I would expect all of it to look the same, not half new and half 10 years old.

I would also expect them to work on the sounds, physics and menus, I remember reading the review when this came out and it really didn't have much good to say.

They haven't finished GT6 yet, where's my track creator and ODBII/GPS recording/import feature that they promised when advertising the game? :evil:

It's been like 2 years since the game came out and they still haven't delivered on what Ry is saying, I agree completely with him.

Santtu and I were talking about this the other day - I don't even WANT GT7 unless it's going to be an actual half decent attempt at the series. GT series has been horrible as of late. GT3/4 was the last good one in the series, they either need to deliver, or kill it off already.

Need to get rid of the stupid Vision GT thing imo, or cut it down a lot. I don't much care for it, its a racing game, they need to focus on getting the latest and greatest production cars in before they start making their own cars up. Plus, they need to get shot of the standard cars and have half decent AI and sounds. Then it'll be about on par with FM...

I can't say my view for the series is different because i also do think the same as you guys, which is correct the flaws of the game, like, standard vehicles (Not get rid of them, but make them premium), sounds, obviously, new cars, track creator and all that stuff that everyone goes on and on about it.

Sure that would be great, but i think that will not be enough to make the game be, what it once was... i think it's time for Gran Turismo to go a bit retro, bring back things that once were in the game. Like, classic style license tests, like they were in GT1... only white vehicles, and use the same car in the same track, like the FTO on High Speed Rind S corners, or the Griffth 500 around Autumn Ring. Bring back more old tracks, such as Special Stage R11 from GT1, Seattle Circuit from GT2, Red Rock Valley and etc... racing modification, even if unreal... like, in order to get the GT-R GT3, you must buy a standard GT-R and apply the racing modification on it, with different livery styles, base model, N24 Schuzle, GT Academy, etc. Classic soundtracks, such as The Cardigans, Garbage...

And something that i'd like to see, but probably would be too hard to make it, would be an "history mode", where you start racing old cars, in old tracks and progress in time... Like, a series of races in 1960, then 1970, then 1980... and each "era", has different races, like, street cars, rally, Le-Mans...

Because i think Gran Turismo needs more than just fix it's problem, that would make it a regular game, and being regular is not enough.

I wouldn't expect anything too spectacular. GT has became something different in the past few years. It's no longer just a racing game it's a whole new motorsport/academy brand. And it is pretty obvious that creating video games isn't their priority. I mean it's pretty obvious that they would waste all their resources in GT vision rather than creating new tracks and cars for gt6. But I'd buy a ps4 for it anyway I've been a fan since the first one so I don't mind either way.