We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Logitech G29 - First Photo Leaked ? [ISR Review]

sti228

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Logitech Driving Force Shifter - ISR Review

The guys over at InsideSimRacing.tv have gotten their hands on one of Logitech’s new Driving Force addon shifters for the G29 & G920 steering wheels, putting it through a full review.

Logitech’s new offering isn’t particularly attractive compared to the old G27 shifter as not only has the shifter been de-bundled from the wheel, it has also lost its button & d-pad functionality compared to the old model.

There’s good news for owners of a G27 that make the switch to the G29/G920 can simply carry over their old shifter and use it as they did before, minus the additional buttons as these don’t work on the new wheel.

The shifter is now available for 59,99€, watch the review below to see what the guys think of it!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First off, I want to make sure that I'm not here to make everyone's dreams flat for saving towards getting G29 wheel. I was really looking in to it when I first started planning on purchasing a racing wheel to make my experience among driving games more comfortable.

I stumbled upon multiple reviews when I finally got the money to buy the wheel, and after reading, viewing and hearing about Logitech's laziness to upgrade their tech inside the wheel (G29 is using the same tech their previous wheel did 10 years ago, while others are going towards more durable and way better technology...) I took a good peak in Thrustmaster's today's models.

Needless to say I can't talk behalf of my own experiences, since I've only driven the Thrustmaster TX-series wheel that I finally got instead of Logitech's new wheel. It feels amazing and the fact that almost everything is replaceable, there are a dozen of addons available to make the driving experience even better, I mean the TH8A-shifter, never seen or felt a better shifter in my whole life when it comes to racing wheels.

Thrustmaster's wheels from the same price range than Logitech G29 wont come with the shifter along them, and there may not be a clutch pedal on the initial setup, but all that can be attached to the TX-wheel base (once you are about to invest some more money in to it of course).

I'm not judging here, I'm just asking for people to reconsider. Surely if there is no intention to put more money to the racing wheel setup than the $500 maximum, and you want the shifter and the clutch pedal to come along and fit in that price tag, you should pick up G29. If you however want to expand your experience at some point and invest in really good quality stuff, you should take a look at Thrustmaster TX -series, it has a lot to offer! :p