We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed {DT} - General Discussion Thread

calster17

No name, just the teaser trailer for now...

From what's seen in the video?

I'd guess and say it's maybe a cross of Underground & Most Wanted (2005). Should be interesting! :nods:

[subhead]Update: 28th May[/subhead]

As can be seen in post #60 Need for Speed 2015 will be released on the 11th of March 2015 3rd of November 2015 and will feature multiple storylines that you can choose to progress with.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can go as far as to say we are working close to car culture. There's a website called Speed Hunters, which is affiliated with Need for Speed, and through them we get a unique insight into this world. The narrative is connected to the deeper levels of car culture. We're trying to deliver on the authentic part of both cars and the love of cars, but also the customisation parts of that world.

This is what I was hoping for. :D

And it seems Frostbite willl be back again... if they think "going back to the roots" of NFS is reviving the Underground/F&F era I don't have high hopes for this. Open World is nice but if they want something like the true NFS they just have to take a look at Driveclub and mix real world customization. Even Grid 2 and Project Cars have that NFS feeling with their closed tracks set in rural areas. A mix between urban & rural landscapes, nice variety of cars and real world customization would be the recipe for a realistic "reboot".

I just hope they make the driving enjoyable. It doesn't need to be realistic, NFS never was good at realism, but enjoyable. Not like the previous NFS games, where they had automatic drift and total disconection between what you do and what the car actually does.

Yes, back in the days of underground it felt great. I played the MW remake recently (got it for free since EA messed up SimCity) and it was awful. Really, really awful.

And it seems Frostbite willl be back again... if they think "going back to the roots" of NFS is reviving the Underground/F&F era I don't have high hopes for this. Open World is nice but if they want something like the true NFS they just have to take a look at Driveclub and mix real world customization. Even Grid 2 and Project Cars have that NFS feeling with their closed tracks set in rural areas. A mix between urban & rural landscapes, nice variety of cars and real world customization would be the recipe for a realistic "reboot".

NFS roots is exact opposite of underground series. NFS was all about driving exotic cars in great locations and fun roads. By the looks of the trailer they are indeed going with the underground vibe. Ch4vz unite I guess. The only games I didn't enjoy in the series were underground, carbon and undercover. I think it'll be nice enough no matter what. Devs are finally coming to a realize releasing a sequel every year destroys the game COUGH* UBISOFT COUGH*. I hope they took this extra year to get some work done.

also location is LA btw. Touche essex

NFS roots is exact opposite of underground series. NFS was all about driving exotic cars in great locations and fun roads. By the looks of the trailer they are indeed going with the underground vibe. Ch4vz unite I guess. The only games I didn't enjoy in the series were underground, carbon and undercover. I think it'll be nice enough no matter what. Devs are finally coming to a realize releasing a sequel every year destroys the game COUGH* UBISOFT COUGH*. I hope they took this extra year to get some work done.

also location is LA btw. Touche essex

There's plenty of games for driving exotic cars in exotic locations though. This is NFS's niche market now, the tuning scene. I'd love nothing more than to drive around in a tuned GT86, would much rather that than a closed-world and a Ferrari.

I'd love nothing more than to drive around in a tuned GT86, would much rather that than a closed-world and a Ferrari.
It's different when the game didn't start that way though, they could have had Underground as a spin-off. How would you feel if Toyota announced they were only going to make sport SUV's as that's what the market wants?

I have nothing against them incorporating tuner culture into NFS, I just hope it is not the only aspect of the game.

It's different when the game didn't start that way though, they could have had Underground as a spin-off. How would you feel if Toyota announced they were only going to make sport SUV's as that's what the market wants?

I have nothing against them incorporating tuner culture into NFS, I just hope it is not the only aspect of the game.

Probably the same way I felt when they dropped the MR2, Celica, and Supra, and instead made the Prius? :p

In all seriousness it's an evolution of the game, if they're not going to cater for the already saturated market then fair enough. Give us what we don't already have.

I honestly think an underground game of some sort was needed after hot pursuit they sort of went off with supercars, nice roads and stuff with rivals (which was a decent game), I'm sure this game won't cater to a few but it's what's been requested so highly I'm sure they've had enough of the constant nagging. I for one can't wait for this to be released.

NFS needs to ditch the USA environment for once and go international. It's just getting boring. The wet roads + lighting effects looked great, although I did catch one frame where the buildings were a little closer and didn't look too special. Hopefully there's also day time.

I just hope they make the driving enjoyable. It doesn't need to be realistic, NFS never was good at realism, but enjoyable. Not like the previous NFS games, where they had automatic drift and total disconection between what you do and what the car actually does.

Well said. I personally find NFS Porsche, HP 2 and UG1/2 the only enjoyable episodes of the saga, in terms of driving fun.

I honestly think an underground game of some sort was needed after hot pursuit they sort of went off with supercars

Bad thing is that EA managed to make boring games about supercars, talking about the latest episodes, because as far as I know Driveclub doesn't even have a free roam but people enjoyed it. I mean, it's not about the fact it has supercars, so it's boring, but it's because the games were poorly developed instead. EA gave supercars a boring appearance sadly.

NFS needs to ditch the USA environment for once and go international. It's just getting boring. The wet roads + lighting effects looked great, although I did catch one frame where the buildings were a little closer and didn't look too special. Hopefully there's also day time.

I personally love European sceneries, FH2 one for example is great (I'm Italian) but if the theme is about Street Racing and Police Chases they'll better stick to a typical american metropolis. Because of that "Fast & Furious" feel, you know.

If I want to be chased by police in a USA open world I already have a lot of choices

• NFS Most Wanted
  • NFS Carbon
  • NFS Undercover
  • NFS World
  • NFS Hot Pursuit (2010)
  • NFS Most Wanted (2012)
  • NFS Rivals
  • Midnight Club LA
  • Driver San Francisco
  • Test Drive Unlimited
  • Test Drive Unlimited 2
  • The Crew
  • probably more

I'm pretty sure other countries have police and car culture hoons

I actually loved the underground games as they were my introduction to the NFS franchise, I always enjoyed them, plus I like modded cars so this appeals to me, it looks promising, even if it isnt super realistic, NFS is a game to have fun playing more than anything