We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed {DT} - General Discussion Thread

calster17

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be maybe like TDU when offline. just AI cars to race on freeroam so less variety and rewarding,

That would be great except it isn't going to be like that. If the EA servers, PSN, Xbox Live or your internet go down you can't play it at all, not even the "single-player" :cool:

It's nice to see that EA have learned from the SimCity fiasco aye :clap:

And even it will be "always online" it's not a problem for me. :p
You'll eat these words at some point during the games release. Internet connections are not infallible and neither are the servers on which they connect to. Unless the game specifically requires something at the remote end to function there is no reason to completely lock out players from progressing with the campaign imo.

besides, a game that requires you to stay connected the whole time is bound to have an expiration date. if the servers shutdown some day, you'll no longer be able to play it. that's why i didn't buy The Crew. i want to play the game for many years, even if i have to install a number of patches to make it run on an unsupported system.

You'll eat these words at some point during the games release. Internet connections are not infallible and neither are the servers on which they connect to. Unless the game specifically requires something at the remote end to function there is no reason to completely lock out players from progressing with the campaign imo.

Well, I never had problems before but sure, that doesn't mean that everything will work like this in the future.

As I said, EA said the same for Rivals and MW12. Last summer i didn't have internet for 2 weeks because of a heavy storm and I was able to play these games offline. Even the Origin client has an "offline mode". Sure that doesnt mean that NFS 2015 will work offline as well, just saying. :S

Instead of flaming/hating on EA, people should be happy that they announced this so early. Would be even worse if you find that out at the release day :P

• 3 weeks later...